WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 09:54:51 PM
to be fair it is a tad one sided
but if you neg the dublin/rio deal then you have to neg the pacific/rio deal imo
C'mon Daz.. There are 60 mids who averaged more than Stephen Hill last year. Let's not make him out to be some untradeable asset. We wanted him to bolster our mids, and gave up a best 22, young ruckman to get him.

Holz is getting Jroo who is border-line elite in his position. Massive difference. I'm not saying the Goldy trade is worth negging, but you can't compare it to the Pacific/Rio one..

meow meow

Stanley isn't best 22 at the Cats though...

Vinny

Guys, Hickey could potentially be gone by tomorrow night so PM me your offers.

Looking for a solid defender and forward in return.

meow meow

The trade is still shower even if you drop Walker.

Goldy worth 20 more than Sauce. Age neglible.
Murphy worth what, 10 more than Jobe due to age/durability
JRoo for nothing is wrong. Put up a similarly aged player who averages about 10 less than him or something of that value and it'd be fair. JRoo over Walker would be close enough to pass for me, but them being on the same side is way off.

A decent depth player like Walker is worth a 10 ppg upgrade.

Goldy and Watson for Sauce, Murphy and Walker is perfect. Leave Jroo out.

The spuds don't matter, nobody is going to block a deal based on their inclusion.

DazBurg

Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:18:10 PM
but if you neg the dublin/rio deal then you have to neg the pacific/rio deal imo
C'mon Daz.. There are 60 mids who averaged more than Stephen Hill last year. Let's not make him out to be some untradeable asset. We wanted him to bolster our mids, and gave up a best 22, young ruckman to get him.

Holz is getting Jroo who is border-line elite in his position. Massive difference. I'm not saying the Goldy trade is worth negging, but you can't compare it to the Pacific/Rio one..

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 10:21:37 PM

stanley is a spud not best 22 and had a couple of good games this year
best season ave 72

hill agreed isn't that great but mackie with 2 more years to come at least and ave only 3 points less then Jroo so could also be considered borderline elite for his position

not saying i'm negging or not negging your deal and not saying i'm negging or not negging the dublin one

just stating if we neg one there is ground to neg the other as both have 1 sided elements to them

Holz

All i need is one person to answer this

Does Anyone think that the Bennell trade is more even then the Goldy trade?

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on September 09, 2015, 10:32:48 PM
All i need is one person to answer this

Does Anyone think that the Bennell trade is more even then the Goldy trade?

another that if the dublin and pacific ones are negged it should be imo

DazBurg

again i'm not saying i intend to neg or not neg any of them haven't even spoke to HP

just saying there has to be some kind of precedence set imo

AaronKirk

So JRoo is giving us too much then i'm guessing  ???

I have learned from last year. Just go with the flow and if it is blocked renegotiate.

Holz

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 09, 2015, 10:39:04 PM
So JRoo is giving us too much then i'm guessing  ???

I have learned from last year. Just go with the flow and if it is blocked renegotiate.

I hope your just poking fun at me with that call.

Mexico will win 5 of the next 10 flags the way this is going.

Jay

Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 10:32:21 PM

best season ave 72

hill agreed isn't that great but mackie with 2 more years to come at least and ave only 3 points less then Jroo so could also be considered borderline elite for his position

not saying i'm negging or not negging your deal and not saying i'm negging or not negging the dublin one

just stating if we neg one there is ground to neg the other as both have 1 sided elements to them
I respect your stance, mate. But we gave up Sam Day too - a guy taken pick 3 and now with Dixon leaving the Gold Coast, he has the opportunity to become a really nice player. And Levi was willing to take the punt. We don't think it's a one-sided trade at all, but I guess we'll have to wait and see when the votes are tallied up - I trust the coaches here to come up with a fair review. I mean, you only have to look at what Vinny gave up to realise the value of a good ruckman!

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:47:33 PM

best season ave 72

I respect your stance, mate. But we gave up Sam Day too - a guy taken pick 3 and now with Dixon leaving the Gold Coast, he has the opportunity to become a really nice player. And Levi was willing to take the punt. We don't think it's a one-sided trade at all, but I guess we'll have to wait and see when the votes are tallied up - I trust the coaches here to come up with a fair review. I mean, you only have to look at what Vinny gave up to realise the value of a good ruckman!

Nicholls goes at massive premium and Goldy is meh not that good.

DazBurg

best season ave 72

yeah a good ruckman
stanley has scored 90 or over 9 times in a career of 66 games hardly a god ruckman
and day yeah could be something but hasn't show a lot so paying a lot for speculation

anyways like i said i'm not saying i will neg it i honestly do not think we will ever get deals that are 50/50 it is impossible as everyone rates players differently

just pointing out that there are a few depending how ppl view them that could be seen as one sided

Vinny

Quote from: Holz on September 09, 2015, 10:50:12 PM

Nicholls goes at massive premium and Goldy is meh not that good.
Surely taking the piss? I gave no ruck men to get Nicholls. The Rio/Dublin deal is the exchanging of two premium rucks. You are just strengthening everyone's point that Nicholls is at a premium, Goldy is at a premium and so is Jacobs. Yes Goldy is the best but once again, the rest of the trade justify that difference.

Holz

Just letting you know that im not talking trades till the votes are in . So if i dont respond thats the reason.