WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 03, 2015, 01:20:24 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2015, 10:33:37 AM
I cant believe it but at this stage I actually have no further trades planned.

If i get the two trades I have planned finalised I think im set. Amazingly I still have draft picks.

Watch out I have only ever had 2 first round picks and I got Jaeger Omeara and Jesse Hogan who have gone on to win the rising star award.

So whoever gets selected 18/19 just give him the medal already.

What pick did you get those guys though? I'd wager it wasn't as far back as Pick 19 (which is what you have I think Holz)...

to be fair it was 5 and 10.

Ill have pick 18 when i finish runnerup :P

i think people have wised up. Im going to be pretty disapointed if the clear top 3 SC players dont go 1,2,3. Given that Ric/Ele have 1 and 2 i think its safe to say they will take 2 of them and im pretty sure iknow which two (before even speaking to them about it)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2015, 01:34:25 PM

If i get the two trades I have planned finalised I think im set. Amazingly I still have draft picks.

Watch out I have only ever had 2 first round picks and I got Jaeger Omeara and Jesse Hogan who have gone on to win the rising star award.

What pick did you get those guys though? I'd wager it wasn't as far back as Pick 19 (which is what you have I think Holz)...

i think people have wised up. Im going to be pretty disapointed if the clear top 3 SC players dont go 1,2,3. Given that Ric/Ele have 1 and 2 i think its safe to say they will take 2 of them and im pretty sure iknow which two (before even speaking to them about it)

How did Hogan slip to Nat 10???

Man I wish I was at Cape Town when that draft went down...

With regards to this year's draft I think like last year there there are probably a clear best 6 (there were 5 last year imo) and then things start to get a bit more interesting.

meow meow

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 03, 2015, 02:06:37 PM

With regards to this year's draft I think like last year there there are probably a clear best 6 (there were 5 last year imo) and then things start to get a bit more interesting.

People didn't want to wait one year for the GOAT. WXV and patience don't go together very well.

The 6 best players might not be the 6 most valuable SCers though.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 03, 2015, 02:13:59 PM

People didn't want to wait one year for the GOAT. WXV and patience don't go together very well.

i think meph was talking SC, the guy knows what he is talking about.

If Schache goes top 2 can we please kick that coach out the league immediately and let the new coach take the pick :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2015, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 03, 2015, 02:13:59 PM

i think meph was talking SC, the guy knows what he is talking about.

If Schache goes top 2 can we please kick that coach out the league immediately and let the new coach take the pick :P

Yeah I meant SC.

Some are longer term picks than others. For example Peter Wright was probably the longest term pick of all the Top 20 last year but, with the potential for Ruc/Fwd and now with talk Dixon is on the way out he should be a gem. He's certainly carving up the NEAFL (no big task) in his first season.

Him getting AFL games this season was a big bonus and should help fast-track his development. I honestly wasn't expecting Two-Metre Peter to play at all in 2015.

Jroo

Anyone want young mids?

CEY, Acres, Glenn could all be on the move soon

Toga

Highly rated youngsters Touk Miller and Tim Broomhead could be packaged together for a starting forward (would think around the 80 average mark) for anyone interested. Hit me up ;)

Boomz

Aaron Young, Aidan Corr, Courtenay Dempsey, Jack Frost are all going cheap if anyone is keen.

Kieran Jack, Adam Kennedy, Jake Carlisle, Chris Yarran, Ricky Henderson, Matt Suckling have all attracted interest and could be on the move so if anyone is interested let me know. Looking for a starting ruck, def or a 90+ mid under 26.

meow meow

I've offered Luke Shuey to a couple of teams this trade period and I know a couple of other teams have asked about him but I can't remember who. So if he is one that you like then feel free to enquire to avoid the old "I would have given more" line being uttered.

Dylan Roberton and Dayne Zorko have been offered in deals that I couldn't be more happy about but if you feel like having a go and getting dismissed then knock yourself out.

Brisbane's 23 year old (2 weeks ago), leading goalkicker this year Josh Green has been offered to a couple of teams. He's not a star, but he plays every week (if not inj) and an unsubbed 72.9 average is not atrocious for a F4 by any means.

RaisyDaisy

Wow meow your giving away both roberton and Zorko? Curios to see who you're bringing in for them

Hellopplz

Well alot of people have come knocking. We've had offers we like for Zach Merrett, Daniel Rich and a Ruckman from us that we like and suit our needs. But if you think you can top the deals, feel free to hit Daz or myself up :).

We're open to deals, and will only trade starters for fringe depth if we like the players and help improve the squad in someway as we're happy with the team with some minor adjustments.

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 06, 2015, 03:30:46 PM
Wow meow your giving away both roberton and Zorko? Curios to see who you're bringing in for them

As shown last year with Rocky down to Gibbs and Devon down to Elliott I am sometimes willing to trade a starter for a player with a 10 point lower average if I like the new player and get something good to make up for it. Most teams are obsessed with their best XV only but I rate depth pretty highly. I've got all the depth I need so I don't need to chase it as hard this off season though.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 06, 2015, 03:46:40 PM
Well alot of people have come knocking. We've had offers we like for Zach Merrett, Daniel Rich and a Ruckman from us that we like and suit our needs. But if you think you can top the deals, feel free to hit Daz or myself up :).

We're open to deals, and will only trade starters for fringe depth if we like the players and help improve the squad in someway as we're happy with the team with some minor adjustments.

annnnnd merrett has fallen through
so happy to field offers
hell happy to keep him ;)

Vinny

Send through Pendlebury offers.

Looking for a premium defender and midfielder!

Jroo

Let's trade boys!

Bold = Required and hard to get
Crossed out = Not available (Not on the table or already traded)
Red = Cheap
The rest = on the table

Defenders
Kade Simpson
Matthew Broadbent
Jimmy Bartel
Michael Johnson
Shannon Hurn
Adam Oxley
Nathan Krakouer
Scott D. Thompson
Taylor Hunt