WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 02, 2015, 03:17:55 PM
Just wanting to confirm - Is there ANY team who is willing to trade a starting forward?

!!!

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on September 02, 2015, 03:26:09 PM
Just wanting to confirm - Is there ANY team who is willing to trade a starting forward?

PNL has half of the forwards in the league.

No shower! There's a reason why they are the team with the highest points under a real cap.

RaisyDaisy

I know! And they are super tight with trading them!

Ricochet

We're ok with forwards, its defenders and mids that we need

Memphistopheles

Well Shaun Higgins is being traded but, you've missed the boat there.

We do also have Tom Hawkins, Lachie Hunter, Andrejs Everitt, Jeremy Cameron, Stewart Crameri, Craig Bird, Adam Cooney, Sam Reid, Darcy Lang, Mitch Honeychurch, Brandon Jack, Dean Kent and Peter Wright

Only Hawkins and Hunter (based on his form to finish the year) are definite starters for most teams Best XVs but, some of them could develop in to starters in the future perhaps.

ossie85

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 02, 2015, 04:27:35 PM

We do also have Tom Hawkins, Lachie Hunter, Andrejs Everitt, Jeremy Cameron, Stewart Crameri, Craig Bird, Adam Cooney, Sam Reid, Darcy Lang, Mitch Honeychurch, Brandon Jack, Dean Kent and Peter Wright

Only Hawkins and Hunter (based on his form to finish the year) are definite starters for most teams Best XVs but, some of them could develop in to starters in the future perhaps.

Pretty harsh that you've shut people out of trading already Memph. Maybe Buenos Aires and Toronto could've offered you something better for Higgins, but have chosen to exclude them.

gotta say guys, no trades are final, it isn't poor form to accept a better offer. It is poor form to shut teams out

Memphistopheles

Quote from: ossie85 on September 02, 2015, 04:33:25 PM

Pretty harsh that you've shut people out of trading already Memph. Maybe Buenos Aires and Toronto could've offered you something better for Higgins, but have chosen to exclude them.

gotta say guys, no trades are final, it isn't poor form to accept a better offer. It is poor form to shut teams out

Look, I'm not going to say the trades are completely final but, we are very happy with our deal involving Higgins. So if you want then send us an offer.

The deal we have involves a couple of other players though so it would take a lot of re-working and thinking to consider something else.

I am strongly advocating not opening the trade period until the new teams have been drafted by the way Ossie. It's too much of a disadvantage to them to start trading before then.

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 02, 2015, 03:42:06 PM

I know! And they are super tight with trading them!

pfft only because it seems other teams get good deals but ppl expect to give us 28=-30 year old mids that ave 90 -95 for someone like lynch who aves 89 and #1 at crows

when clearly we need a better scoring mid
we have no problems packaging more but no one wants to dot hat

so instead of gifting our best bits for nothing we will keep

(p.s not directed solely at you Rd just quoting all)

AaronKirk

It's not poor form if you try to make your team better and are happy after countless messages and time researching deals to come up with a deal you are happy with.

Coaches need to do what is best for their clubs and target specific requirements to improve their teams.

If deals done meet requirements of clubs then why do we need to throw it open to get "Better" offers that meet our requirements yet?

If the deals we are happy with get negged come the time when trade period opens and we cannot agree to a re-negotiated deal then we can throw it open.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 02, 2015, 05:56:42 PM

Coaches need to do what is best for their clubs and target specific requirements to improve their teams.

If deals done meet requirements of clubs then why do we need to throw it open to get "Better" offers that meet our requirements yet?

If the deals we are happy with get negged come the time when trade period opens and we cannot agree to a re-negotiated deal then we can throw it open.

Furthermore to this, as I said previously in this thread somewhere - any decent coach would have done their due diligence on both the Toronto and Buenos Aires list before agreeing to deals with other teams

I can only speak for NY, but both of those lists cant give us better for our specific team needs with regards to the players we are trading

RaisyDaisy

OK, so this is everything we have on the trade table

Everyone and everything here is available for the right price. Some players we rate higher than others obviously, but if there is anything here that you're interested in, hit me and AK up

Defense
Sam Fisher
Paul Duffield
Jed Adcock
Nathan J Brown
Michael Firrito
Dylan Buckley
Jamie Bennell
Teia Miles
Logan Austin
Alex Browne
Mitchell White

Midfield
Matt Rosa
Mark Whiley
Nakia Cockatoo
Matthew White
Patrick McGinnity
Alex Sexton
Jordan Cunico
Daniel Pearce

Rucks
Mike Pyke
Dawson Simpson
Luke Lowden
Padraig Lucey

Forwards
Travis Cloke
Jarrad Waite
Tom Lamb
Brodie Murdoch
Todd Elton
Dylan Addison
Orazio Fantasia

Draft Picks

12   New York Revolution
38   New York Revolution
50   New York Revolution
68   New York Revolution
86   New York Revolution

Holz

I cant believe it but at this stage I actually have no further trades planned.

If i get the two trades I have planned finalised I think im set. Amazingly I still have draft picks.

Watch out I have only ever had 2 first round picks and I got Jaeger Omeara and Jesse Hogan who have gone on to win the rising star award.

So whoever gets selected 18/19 just give him the medal already.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2015, 10:33:37 AM

If i get the two trades I have planned finalised I think im set. Amazingly I still have draft picks.

Watch out I have only ever had 2 first round picks and I got Jaeger Omeara and Jesse Hogan who have gone on to win the rising star award.

Yep, we've got 3 trades pending and other than that we're more or less done too. Of course we are always looking to improve our side but I image any trades we do from here wouldn't be too big. We did the bulk of the work last year, so now it's just about fine tuning

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on September 03, 2015, 10:33:37 AM

What pick did you get those guys though? I'd wager it wasn't as far back as Pick 19 (which is what you have I think Holz)...

Ricochet

Re-post

Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2015, 04:38:32 PM
After excluding some of our favourite boys from trade talks, we're now considering offers for all NDT lads, including Conigs, Gaff and Nicholls. So hit us up with an offer if you're interested

Also if your interested in the boys below, throw us a pick (or can be used as a sweetners in other offers).
W Hams
S Darley
R Warnock
J White
S Tunbridge
C Giles
Bl Johnson
T O'Brien
L Sumner
D Talia
R Bail
L McCarthy