WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2015, 11:32:19 AM
So we can't even try to beat deals for the 6 players 'off the market'? Seems a bit odd.

There are 5-6 teams that I have spent a lot of time talking deals with about those players, and yesterday I informed them all about the offers we have received and gave them an opportunity to better them as well as courtesy of our intentions

I didn't include you in that comms as we barely got into any real discussions and they ended quickly :)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2015, 11:34:21 AM
Davis Mundy, Tom McDonald, Andrew Boston for Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Steve Johnson, Heath Grundy, Hayden Crozier and Sharrod Wellingham :-X :o

LOL no. Those 6 players are going to 3 different teams ;)

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2015, 11:35:04 AM
Sounds like something both clubs would do.  :P

:'(

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2015, 11:36:16 AM
Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2015, 11:32:19 AM
So we can't even try to beat deals for the 6 players 'off the market'? Seems a bit odd.

There are 5-6 teams that I have spent a lot of time talking deals with about those players, and yesterday I informed them all about the offers we have received and gave them an opportunity to better them as well as courtesy of our intentions

I didn't include you in that comms as we barely got into any real discussions and they ended quickly :)
Ah okay. I didn't believe we ever had a chance anyway but I was just curious.

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
Spoiler alert: One of which is Dublin.

Who's surprised?  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2015, 11:39:14 AM

More like 3 trades, 3 including New York. Who's surprised? :D

RaisyDaisy

I think it could be the first ever trade we have done with Dublin. I don't recall actually getting one through last year even though we went back and forth a lot in discussions

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2015, 11:41:11 AM

Hey, we don't muck around at New York

Not as if you should be surprised anyway after how many trades we did in our debut preseason ;)

Like true New York folk, we know what we want and we just go and get it  8)

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2015, 11:43:34 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2015, 11:41:11 AM

Hey, we don't muck around at New York

Not as if you should be surprised anyway after how many trades we did in our debut preseason ;)

Like true New York folk, we know what we want and we just go and get it  8)
insert thatsthejoke.jpg ;)

RaisyDaisy

Yeah I know I know :P

Seriously though, trading is just so much fun and addictive haha

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2015, 11:42:14 AM

I think it could be the first ever trade we have done with Dublin. I don't recall actually getting one through last year even though we went back and forth a lot in discussions
I wouldn't get your hopes up man :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jayman on August 26, 2015, 11:53:56 AM

Haha yes I know everyone loves negging Dublin deals, but I truly believe and know that this deal is completely fair for both teams and helps both teams too so I would be really surprised and frustrated if it didn't pass

Anyway, if anyone has depth mids and forwards that actually play, then hit me up :)

meow meow

Christchurch trade update

• First round pick has been offered in a minor trade that needs to be discussed a little more at seasons end. Currently unavailable.
  • A pick received in trade above committed to bringing in a tall spud
  • Clay Smith and Ryan Lester offered in exchange for an untried player. Still available since nothing has been agreed to.
  • Zorko in discussions, just thrashing out the details of a potential trade at this point.
  • Buntine getting a little interest from 4 clubs.
  • 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks offered for a WAFL player.

so, not much!

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2015, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: Jayman on August 26, 2015, 11:53:56 AM

Haha yes I know everyone loves negging Dublin deals, but I truly believe and know that this deal is completely fair for both teams and helps both teams too so I would be really surprised and frustrated if it didn't pass

Anyway, if anyone has depth mids and forwards that actually play, then hit me up :)

Fairness has nothing to do with Dublin trades getting negged. Im convinced people just see Dublin trade, reject. unless they think im losing the trade by abit then its a pass.

we just had 6-7 people just joke they want to ban me from trading

Vinny

Haha flower me, the only established players we've got people want to give me depth spuds for.

Memphistopheles

Cape Town trade update

*With regards to the players listed as currently unavailable - If any other clubs are interested and wanted to send a Hail Mary offer for the player we'd be stupid not to look at it but, we're happy at the moment with the deals involving those guys so it would have to be something very special to make us change our minds.

• Stefan Martin looks like he is on the move despite a stellar season and at this stage is currently unavailable.
  • Cameron McCarthy is looking likely to be headed out of the Cobras' nest despite a good season and is currently unavailable.
  • Trent Cotchin is looking like he will also be moving on from Cape Town next year with a substantial offer on the table which we like. He's almost unavailable so if you are interested you need to get in quick
  • Shaun Higgins has attracted a lot of interest but, at this stage is still very much available as we aren't particularly happy with any of the deals on the table for him
  • Dom Tyson has also been a popular name in trade talks however, he is also available as we are not sold on any of the offers for him. If we were going to trade him we'd rather package him and something to get a better premium midfielder than receive a couple of things for him.
  • Scott Selwoodis in a similar boat to Dom Tyson in that he's attracted interest and we're not sold on the offers so he's available. He's probably at his lowest value this season so we're probably better off to keep him but, if you really want him and have a good offer to make then please do so.
  • Nick O'Brien is potentially tied up in a deal which we like and is almost unavailable so if you are interested you need to get in quick
  • We've received an okay offer for Trent Dumont but, it's not one we're going to jump at so he's still available for anyone interested in acquiring him. I think if anything we'd like to package him up with a Scooter/Tyson type to get a better midfielder
  • If anyone wants any of the following players we'd be willing to let them go for a very reasonable price as we're not totally sure they are in our future plans. Adam Cooney, Craig Bird, Billie Smedts, Brant Colledge, Johann Wagner
  • I think James Toohey has quite AFL but, if anyone wants him for their last national draft or rookie pick then we'd be happy to hand him over to you.