WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

WXV is meant to mimic the AFL as closely as possible, right?

Should totally put a Swans type trade ban on Dublin, just for the hell of it. The AFL didn't need a legitimate reason so why should we?

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on August 25, 2015, 04:35:20 PM

Should totally put a Swans type trade ban on Dublin, just for the hell of it. The AFL didn't need a legitimate reason so why should we?

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on August 25, 2015, 04:39:45 PM

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 25, 2015, 04:29:44 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 25, 2015, 03:14:25 PM
Starting to get annoyed at all the calls of down talking Tom Mocdonald.

Im not sure what more the guy can do. Everyone said i was trying to get rid of walters last year for the same reason in that he couldn't keep up his scoring. since his injury in round 5 and his game he came back early in for round 6 he has gone.

I think he could easily go 90+ next year and thats pretty dam good.

112 99 94 99 74 100 105 49 98 71 123 66 79 99

for a 91 average. exactly what I thought he would do.

Maybe it's just that no-one wants to trade with you Holz?

It's looking like a a legitimate tactic.

If people keep trading and losing then Dublin will continue to be as good and might even get better :P

Whereas if no-one trades Dublin established players they'll have to rely on the draft to get new players and eventually their domination will end.

Mundy, Dal Santo and Thompson are coming to the end of their careers and Dublin really doesn't have a whole lot to replace them without trading.

to be honest that is a legit strategy.

my moves at the moment are to slightly weaken my team in the short run to go for a mini rebuild.

mundy NDS have 3 years left at least. Thompson I dont need as I have been without mundy for most of the year and I have had guys like walters on the bench most of the year.

Murphy is a loss soon but i have Hansen as a good replacement and scharenberg after him.

I have been offering bruce around but i do have faith in him just he will take a few years. So its not like i have nothing coming through.

Holz

Quote from: JROO8 on August 25, 2015, 04:48:04 PM

If anything shouldnt Mexico be banned.

i have one spoon to my name and only 2 finals appearances.

this is Mexico

2012: 1st
2013: 2nd
2014: 3rd
2015: top 4

this is Dublin

2012: 18th
2013: 9th
2014: 1st
2015: top 4

Jukes

We could always ban both?

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on August 25, 2015, 05:00:00 PM
We could always ban both?

I would take that. Mexico would fall apart without trading.

Imagine if they had Sandi and Gibbs back. In 1-2 years they would be gone.

Purple 77

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 25, 2015, 07:20:08 PM

why so they win again next year lol

Toga

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 25, 2015, 07:20:08 PM

Holz

David Mundy
Tom Mcdonald
Andrew BostGUN

are all offically off the market.

there is no sentiment at Dublin.

with Mundy my only remaining original best 15 player, Tmac my coaches award winner and saviour and one of my favourite players in BostGUN all moving.

RaisyDaisy

New York has been extremely busy over the past few weeks and although the trade period hasn't started yet I just wanted to provide an update to let all other teams know that the following players are currently OFF the market as they are tied up in pending deals with several teams already

Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Steve Johnson, Heath Grundy, Hayden Crozier and Sharrod Wellingham

Like we did last year during our first year at the helm, we are trading aggressively with a clear picture of what we need to do to take New York to the next level next year  :)

All other players can be enquired about, and we are looking for midfielders and forwards in particularly

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2015, 11:25:38 AM
New York has been extremely busy over the past few weeks and although the trade period hasn't started yet I just wanted to provide an update to let all other teams know that the following players are currently OFF the market as they are tied up in pending deals with several teams already

Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Steve Johnson, Heath Grundy, Hayden Crozier and Sharrod Wellingham

Like we did last year during our first year at the helm, we are trading aggressively with a clear picture of what we need to do to take New York to the next level next year  :)

All other players can be enquired about, and we are looking for midfielders and forwards in particularly
So we can't even try to beat deals for the 6 players 'off the market'? Seems a bit odd.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2015, 11:32:19 AM

So we can't even try to beat deals for the 6 players 'off the market'? Seems a bit odd.
Davis Mundy, Tom McDonald, Andrew Boston for Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Steve Johnson, Heath Grundy, Hayden Crozier and Sharrod Wellingham :-X :o

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2015, 11:34:21 AM
Quote from: Nige on August 26, 2015, 11:32:19 AM

Davis Mundy, Tom McDonald, Andrew Boston for Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Steve Johnson, Heath Grundy, Hayden Crozier and Sharrod Wellingham :-X :o
Sounds like something both clubs would do.  :P