Can i push into the top 10? i need an original pick! help please!!!

Started by westyuno, June 18, 2010, 07:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westyuno

Can i push into the top 10? i need an original pick! help please!!!

DEF: Hodge, Goddard, Waters, Duffield, Scotland, Gilbert, Malceski (Roberton, white)

MID: Ablett, Swan, Barlow, Stanton, Judd, ROK, (Armstrong, Gysberts)

RUC: Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, Grimley)

FWD: Pavlich, Goodes, Chappy, Giansiracusa, Podsiadly, Stevie J, Rockliff, (Playfair, Roberts)

5 trades left with 50k

Theyve done well so far, but my biggest problem is a lack of originality.  Judd, stanton, duffield and stevie J are my only semi unique picks and i think i''ll struggle to make inroads into the top 10 without some more unique players.  thinking maybee 1 or 2 more trades tops before saving players for injuries... any smokies???

Also, is it time to go for swan over ablet as captain?
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Cheers

Westy

Spite

But your team.... Its completed?!?

Risk captain every week? Or do something stupid/crazy with rockiff and get like jack riewoldt or something :S

westyuno

hmmm....forgott to mention on the previous post, im 18th overall atm... problem is gaining an advantage over those above me...because there are some incredible teams up there.  riewoldt is an idea...  possibly goes too far on the riskyness though.  also possibly rockliff for daisy?  im in 2 minds...is anoying.

Spite

18th is awesome! How many different players do you have compared to the top 3 on average?

Sammocorw

I've had my eye on Daisy lately and will wait for his price to bottom out. Also consider Boyd as a back up for an LTI in your mids

valkorum

Spite

Maybe even Armstrong to a unique midfielder that you can sometimes sub on play by ear?

Justin Bieber

Well I'm not expert ( :'() But think the teams looks just about set. If you feel you need to boost it, Maybe Waters or Rocky out in a few weeks to premium?

Great job for 18th so far :).

Alex7089

Team is looking very strong at the moment with a few unique/semi-unique prems in there. I think maybe downgrade Armstrong to a playing rookie (???) and then Rocky up, but at the moment I would have to say with him scoring so many tons holding both him and Waters could be better in the long time.

hardnut

maybe the best way to shoot for the top 10 is to save those trades and hope others haven't. A sneaky upgrade to a fit St Nick or Brown could win it for you in the last few rounds if a fwd (Chappy) goes down for example.

Spite

I was thinking about this... Maybe stanton to joel corey when he comes back?
But I think you need forward cover asap...

Master Q

PCR10

rockliff to J brown When he returns! and u will make money on it !

roo boys!

Holz

i would say if playfair isnt back you have to go stevie j to someone like didak, you cant afford any donuts, it would be good to get in voldt if you could