European 15s Draft

Started by Holz, November 15, 2011, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

So have we got absolute clarification of our list structure yet ?

As I understand, atm we are doing it like this:

25 initial draft
5 national draft/PSD
5 rookie draft

Giving us lists of 35 players, is this correct ?

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 05, 2011, 05:03:59 AM

25 initial draft
5 national draft/PSD
5 rookie draft

thats the plan at this stage, to be honest i never look at the rookie draft but i think 5 rounds should be enough. Im not sure if i mentioned this in the worlds on the euro but my plan was to keep the list capped at 35 each year. So if you draft more players than retire you will have too delist certain players, who than become aviable in the rookie draft.

What do you guys think of that idea, i personally believe its better than people having lists of 50 at some stage and will stop people just racking up rookies in the hope one will pefrom. I was originally thinking of 20 5 5 and keeping it below 30. Would like to here your opinions as i will go with majority.

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on December 05, 2011, 06:19:38 AM

25 initial draft
5 national draft/PSD
5 rookie draft

thats the plan at this stage, to be honest i never look at the rookie draft but i think 5 rounds should be enough. Im not sure if i mentioned this in the worlds on the euro but my plan was to keep the list capped at 35 each year. So if you draft more players than retire you will have too delist certain players, who than become aviable in the rookie draft.

What do you guys think of that idea, i personally believe its better than people having lists of 50 at some stage and will stop people just racking up rookies in the hope one will pefrom. I was originally thinking of 20 5 5 and keeping it below 30. Would like to here your opinions as i will go with majority.

yep stick with that Holz

Justin Bieber

I'm not sure when ML is back online so guess I'll take the picks :-\.

First pick will be Jonathan Griffin.

Second guy will be...... Adam Selwood.

Need a backup Ruckman and M0nty has Selwood slotted to be B/C. He had an off year and didn't know who else to choose :-\.

meow meow

Grazz

meow meow

Grazz

Cheers mate. The Scot's will take Tom Liberatore.

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on December 05, 2011, 06:19:38 AM

25 initial draft
5 national draft/PSD
5 rookie draft

Maybe to make it more flexible, have the PSD after the rookie draft, so people can pass on however many selections they like from both, and it gives people an oppurtunity to balance their lists if things dont go their way in the drafts.

I.e. you have 10 picks between the 3 drafts, and you spread them out however you feel.

ossie85

I'd say the problem with that is the preseason draft usually doesn't have many selected

meow meow

There is only 6 teams with a pick in the PSD this year.

The rookie draft is where all the activity will be.

Scrads

Yeah but what I mean with the PSD is that people can finish off their last 2 or 3 players by picking any unselected players from the remaining pool of players (which includes players from the ND and RD and the real life PSD)

It's basically so you don't get bogged down in the drafts and forced to pick players you don't want or have no need for.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 05, 2011, 12:42:41 PM
Yeah but what I mean with the PSD is that people can finish off their last 2 or 3 players by picking any unselected players from the remaining pool of players (which includes players from the ND and RD and the real life PSD)

It's basically so you don't get bogged down in the drafts and forced to pick players you don't want or have no need for.

i was thiking that the last draft to inclue the rooike draft the preseason draft and al the players left from the afl draft.

Holz

Just incase people were wondering torp and i traded our 1st and second round picks

Ziplock

so torps, Le/marcz, mtty, pb then me... go go go :P