Round 4 Trades

Started by Mat0369, June 23, 2020, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

Quote from: crowls on June 26, 2020, 04:36:21 PM
Thoughts -

Cumming Whitfield > Petracca Zerrett/Oliver
Leaves mids
Neale, Macrea,Mitchell, Sloane, Zerrett/Oliver, Viney M6, Rowell M7 - Buderick, Pickett, Mcinerny TBrown for M8.    This week will probably loophole mcinerney 74.
strong midfield! Trades are good. I'm keeping Whitfield even though he will lose cash, as i have other trades to do and i feel he will average over 100 from here.

Quote from: Wanderer on June 26, 2020, 03:07:17 PM
Quote from: Fid on June 26, 2020, 03:05:34 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 26, 2020, 01:53:55 PM
Bring in a Geelong ruck at our own peril.

+1

I was thinking Long to Fort, which then allows me to go Whitfield to Fyfe.
yeah 100% would not go Fort due to Geelongs ruck situation.

crowls

Quote from: PowerBug on June 26, 2020, 05:05:25 PM
Quote from: crowls on June 26, 2020, 04:36:21 PM
Thoughts -

Cumming Whitfield > Petracca Zerrett/Oliver
Leaves mids
Neale, Macrea,Mitchell, Sloane, Zerrett/Oliver, Viney M6, Rowell M7 - Buderick, Pickett, Mcinerny TBrown for M8.    This week will probably loophole mcinerney 74.
Can't complain about making moves like that. Are you able to reach Fyfe instead of Z or Clarry?
Looked at Fyfe.  Left me with cash for mid/fwd options i dont want.   Already have simpkin, d smith and dusty in fwds.   Ridley at D4 in backs.      I feel  Trac with Oliver is probably best value for money at the moment.   As a bombers fan I love how Merrett has started the season.  Think Oliver is better long term choice and less ups and downs.   Oliver is capable of 115-120 season - looks the fittest he has been since he started as well.

benharris222

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 25, 2020, 04:15:05 PM
Quote from: crowls on June 25, 2020, 03:40:33 PM
Not sure what to do this week. 

Being considered

1.  Whitfield to Petracca,  Sturt to Naismith (R3) sit on Cumming at D7,  wait on Harley until next week
2.  Whitfield to Butler, Sturt to Naismith (R3) sit on Cumming, wait on Harley until next week
3.  Keep Whitfield, Sturt to Naismith (R3) Cumming to Bennell and Brander swings back,
4,  Miss out on Naismith and do the Whitfield to Butler/Petracca and Cumming to Bennell trades.

Thoughts are :  Petracca will be a keeper,  Pittonet to Whitfield in 3 weeks time when Whitfield bottoms and Pitt tops out
Butler will gen more cash than Petracca but will be an upgrade and another trade I need.    Rowell looks like being at worst M8 by end of year.  Another trade saved.   Will lost 30-40k on not doing Bennell this week.  But will still be a viable option to trade in next week and gen cash up to low 300's for future upgrade. 

So option 1 looks best long term result for the team.

Team after trades:
Sicily, Doc, H Clark, Ridley, Noble, Starevich, [cumming, BZT]
Neale, Macrea, Mitchell, Sloane, Dusty, Viney, Rowell, T Rivers [Marlon P, T Brown, JMac]
Grundy, Pittonet [Naismith]
Simpkin, D Smith, Petracca, C Taylor, Brander, Buderick [Rankine, Xerri]

I wouldn't go near Butler, and I'm not sure Naismith is a great option too considering Sinkers is now in the side as well

I'd be using this week to cut the duds and make sure you've got all the cash cows

Whitfield and Cumming are the two I'd probably punt

Maybe Cumming to Bennell via Rivers and Whitfield to premo Mid (swing Dusty back fwd)

Why would you stay clear of Butler? I know he's not going to average this for the season, but bringing him in for cash injection over the next 3 weeks to then trade Whitfield back in seems like a fairly solid move. Or am I missing something?

LordSneeze

With Naismith out Grundy is staying.

Trade 1 - Williamson in for Sturt

Trade 2 - Need held deciding on a second change. Thinking just trade Houston, but not sure who too.
Whitfield to Zerrett
Danger to Zerrett
Houston to Hurn
Houston to Doodee
Houston to Coniglio
Houston to Pendles
Houston to Shuey

crowls

Quote from: LordSneeze on June 26, 2020, 07:05:38 PM

Trade 2 - Need held deciding on a second change. Thinking just trade Houston, but not sure who too.
Whitfield to Zerrett
Danger to Zerrett
Houston to Hurn
Houston to Doodee
Houston to Coniglio
Houston to Pendles
Houston to Shuey
take it you already have oliver LS.   Good chance you will want to bring Whitfield back in later,  where does your cash come from for that trade.    I think Zerrett is decent choice always had a high cieling and maybe this year he gets a bit more consistency with McGrath and Ridley improving providing more opportunities to connect.     
Houston looks like a lost cause, probably Doodee as gives you some extra cash.  Not sure doodee is a keeper where the rest will be.

LordSneeze

Quote from: crowls on June 26, 2020, 07:17:45 PM

Whitfield to Zerrett
Danger to Zerrett
Houston to Hurn
Houston to Doodee
Houston to Coniglio
Houston to Pendles
Houston to Shuey
take it you already have oliver LS.   Good chance you will want to bring Whitfield back in later,  where does your cash come from for that trade.    I think Zerrett is decent choice always had a high cieling and maybe this year he gets a bit more consistency with McGrath and Ridley improving providing more opportunities to connect.     
Houston looks like a lost cause, probably Doodee as gives you some extra cash.  Not sure doodee is a keeper where the rest will be.

I feel Zerrett is a better choice than Oliver. Especially with Heppell out.

Cash wise id have 70k in bank after that trade +  Naismith will need to go and got Pittonet & Ceglar already. So Ill get a downgrade off that to any rookie (+200k) with Cameron back to ruck bench. Could use Houston to bring Whitfield back in or upgrade a rookie if one is ripe.

I feel points wise Houston to a prem & Whitfield to Prem will reap the same points gain overall or a minimal differnce, but save for team value is substantially better

Playing rookies wouldn't change as the loopholes used. .
Danger I feel I just need to back in. 

shaker

Whitfield to Zerrett
Danger to Zerrett
Houston to Hurn
Houston to Doodee
Houston to Coniglio
Houston to Pendles
Houston to Shuey
Houston to Coniglio

LordSneeze

Quote from: shaker on June 26, 2020, 07:31:32 PM

Whitfield to Zerrett
Danger to Zerrett
Houston to Hurn
Houston to Doodee
Houston to Coniglio
Houston to Pendles
Houston to Shuey
Houston to Coniglio

That was my left field option.
Have decided on Whitfield to Zerrett. As im pretty high in the rankings im willing to take a risk to try and gain a benefit of $ ofver alot of rivals that will hold Whitfield.

Zerrett with have the benefit of the 2 bite game week and only in 3.5% of teams.

Looking into Houston a bit more I saw some stuff that has made me second guess dropping him.

shaker

Quote from: LordSneeze on June 26, 2020, 07:54:53 PM
Quote from: shaker on June 26, 2020, 07:31:32 PM

Whitfield to Zerrett
Danger to Zerrett
Houston to Hurn
Houston to Doodee
Houston to Coniglio
Houston to Pendles
Houston to Shuey
Houston to Coniglio

That was my left field option.
Have decided on Whitfield to Zerrett. As im pretty high in the rankings im willing to take a risk to try and gain a benefit of $ ofver alot of rivals that will hold Whitfield.

Zerrett with have the benefit of the 2 bite game week and only in 3.5% of teams.

Looking into Houston a bit more I saw some stuff that has made me second guess dropping him.
I've been threatening to get rid of Houston myself but looks like I'm just going to keep him and see what happens.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: benharris222 on June 26, 2020, 06:41:28 PM

Being considered

1.  Whitfield to Petracca,  Sturt to Naismith (R3) sit on Cumming at D7,  wait on Harley until next week
2.  Whitfield to Butler, Sturt to Naismith (R3) sit on Cumming, wait on Harley until next week
3.  Keep Whitfield, Sturt to Naismith (R3) Cumming to Bennell and Brander swings back,
4,  Miss out on Naismith and do the Whitfield to Butler/Petracca and Cumming to Bennell trades.

Thoughts are :  Petracca will be a keeper,  Pittonet to Whitfield in 3 weeks time when Whitfield bottoms and Pitt tops out
Butler will gen more cash than Petracca but will be an upgrade and another trade I need.    Rowell looks like being at worst M8 by end of year.  Another trade saved.   Will lost 30-40k on not doing Bennell this week.  But will still be a viable option to trade in next week and gen cash up to low 300's for future upgrade. 

Team after trades:
Neale, Macrea, Mitchell, Sloane, Dusty, Viney, Rowell, T Rivers [Marlon P, T Brown, JMac]

I wouldn't go near Butler, and I'm not sure Naismith is a great option too considering Sinkers is now in the side as well

I'd be using this week to cut the duds and make sure you've got all the cash cows

Maybe Cumming to Bennell via Rivers and Whitfield to premo Mid (swing Dusty back fwd)

Why would you stay clear of Butler? I know he's not going to average this for the season, but bringing him in for cash injection over the next 3 weeks to then trade Whitfield back in seems like a fairly solid move. Or am I missing something?

Isn't he already 340k?

Stinks of Long and Townsend, I'd rather grab a rookie

Mat0369

Whitfield to Simpkin is done. I'm also tempted to trade Danger or Josh Kelly but I know if I do I'll get bit with a double ton.

Mat0369

Does anyone have the BE for Hamill and Williamson?

I realised if I make two trades every week I will run out around the end of the season anyway so I may as well use both. My options are the following

Williams (Eagles) to Williamson or Hamill

Kelly/Danger to any player Fyfe and under. So one of Fyfe, Gaff, Duncan, Merrett, Oliver, Walters or Tom Stewart (basically a keeper on any line not named Neale).

I'm leaning towards trading in Williamson. The player I trade in won't see the field anyway with Young at D7.

benharris222

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 26, 2020, 08:04:14 PM
Quote from: benharris222 on June 26, 2020, 06:41:28 PM

Being considered

Team after trades:

Isn't he already 340k?

Stinks of Long and Townsend, I'd rather grab a rookie

There's no rookies that I feel I need this week. Liked the look of Hamil, but Adelaide stink.
He is expensive, but he has a breakeven of -42. So I can make $200,000 off Whitfield, which allows me to trade Noble to Dangerfield (who I trust will go back to his old ways). While Butler rises $100,000 in two weeks, and Whitfield loses $100,000 in two weeks. Then swap back.

Points wise:
Butler (80) + Dangerfield (110)
vs
Noble (60) + Whitfield (100)

The rest of my team is:
Howe, Sicily, Docherty, Laird, Starcevich, Brander, (Noble, Zerk-Thatcher)

Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Hannebery, Rowell, McInerney, Brown, (Rivers, Pickett, Bennell)

Grundy, Pittonet, (Cameron)

Walters, Martin, Whitfield (Butler), Smith, Taylor, Budarick, (King, Sturt)

Mat0369

Butler is every chance of scoring a 30 this week. Small forwards generally don't score well against Richmond.

benharris222

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 26, 2020, 08:31:44 PM
Butler is every chance of scoring a 30 this week. Small forwards generally don't score well against Richmond.

I've gone for it. Fingers crossed he can score decent for the next two weeks! If not, easy correction for Whitfield anyway.