Round 4 Trades

Started by Mat0369, June 23, 2020, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So with prices changing after two rounds there appears to be a couple of regular bubble boys out of reach. I'm thinking of holding my trades this week assuming I don't have any outs, but here are a few of the options for this week

Caldwell - Pricey but seems to be scoring decently. Personally I'd pass at this point
McHenry - Pass
Hayden - Pass
Vandermeer - Could open up a DPP but I'd pass after the initial price rise.
McInerney - If named and not owned I'd buy
Ash - I'd pass this week at least. Pretty expensive and a low score could be troublesome
Rivers - If not owned I'd buy
Bennell - See Rivers
Bonar - Pass
Crocker - Pass
Berry - Pass
Cameron - I would buy even with the 28 in his rotation.
Sturt - Pass, copped an injury and the terrible score
Pickett - Pass
Georgiades - If named I'd think about it, but may not be worth the sideways with iffy job security.
Young - I brought him in a couple weeks ago. He looked decent in the half game I watched and was stiffed on a couple decisions. Probably not worth bringing in unless you have Rivers already and are stuck with McAsey.
Williamson - I'd prefer to hold another week but the price rise may make him not worth it since he is already 146k. I'd trade him in over Young if I didn't have him
Zerk-Thatcher - If Essendon are forced to front up sans their back 6 he will get a gig. Probably a one week wonder though

Pittonet is the other one, if you don't have him do you bring him in? He looks to be making a ton of cash in coming weeks.

RaisyDaisy

One guy you missed is Will Hamill

He only scored 40, but he actually looked pretty good and I would expect that he holds his spot and is given a chance especially with everything going on in Adelaide

He is the only rookie I am considering this week - I'm happy with all of the rookies I have and can't see anyone else I need, so this is the week that I finally get to fix my premo problems, and the two guys causing me grief are Houston and Dangerfield

I have a few options

Danger to JOM & Houston to Haynes/Maynard
Sturt/McInerney to Hamill & Houston to Maynard/Salem (Hold Danger) (Can get Sicily or Laird if McInerney traded)
Houston to Ridley (Pending Essendon) & Danger to Fyfe

Really stumped on which is the best move

IntegralX

Ranked 155 overall, thinking I might give it a shot this season. If Whitfield misses, I'll be going Noble > Williamson then Whitfield > Zerrett/Oliver via Budarick.

Even if Whitfield suits up I might do it, BE of 200+ for this week and possibly next, could get him back in round 7 for ~450k...but I want him to miss and make this decision easy for me.

Mat0369

I had Hamill on the list but at his price and with last weeks score it doesn't hurt to wait another week so I didn't add him.

My underperforming prems are basically Bont/Danger/Kelly and maybe throw in Whitfield since he has the concussion lumped in.

Something I could do if I'm playing the stock market a little more is Whitfield to Smith and Danger/Kelly to Oliver. Whitfield is about to drop massively in price and Dunks is going to be out a while. It adds a little certainty to his role for SC purposes.

If Kelly misses again this week he is out. I can't justify holding him based on the last couple years when he was 1-2 weeks every week. Danger has been awful and looks a little disinterested this year. We didn't even tag him at all...

Oliver is the premium to grab with the Dees getting a makeup game against Essendon and the extra points that comes with it. I know as soon as I trade any of those mids out it will come back to bite me with a double ton from Kelly or Danger and 5 straight 150's from Whitfield.

What's really killing me is not having Neale....

Ingram

Not messing around this week.

Jelly to Neale
Pickett to Bennell

tkringle

Ringo

My really only underperformer is Laird,  Do I keep him ir look at Maynard/Haynes,  Who will be Top 10?

shaker

Being able to get Rivers before a price rise is a nice bonus as for the other trade will need to see what unfolds with the Bombers and teams this week.

Fid

Bailey J. Williams to James Sicily

Deven Robertson to Trent Rivers

jfitty

Tough this week..

Thinking Whitfield > Simpkin, then possibly Kelly (if he doesn't return) to Merrett/Oliver

If BZT comes back, hopefully Xerri will be the only rookie I have not playing.

Thewizz71

Thinking of offloading Danger and Whitfield.
Happy with my rookies now.
Simpkin & Petracca to make some cash.
Simpkin/Trac & Fyfe/Oliver to strengthen team (no cash).

Thoughts? Might risk it and go the first option and hope the others have an off day and drop a bit in price (?)

RaisyDaisy

Came up with another plan

Def rookies are going well, and forward rookies are too risky to field

Houston to Williamson and Sturt to Petracca

Sturt has a negative BE, but he looked very proppy on the weekend so I expect he will probably miss this week anyway, and that 11 in his rolling average has killed his cash gen so happy to jump off and get another prem fwd on the field

Keeper27

Dropped Danger + Robbo to Neale and Rivers
absolutely kicking myself for not starting Neale even though he was in my team all PreSeason  >:(

at least i have a very good Captain option now

IntegralX

Quote from: Ringo on June 23, 2020, 09:48:48 AM
My really only underperformer is Laird,  Do I keep him ir look at Maynard/Haynes,  Who will be Top 10?

I’ve got Laird as well. He got 108 last week and that suggests he seems to be on the mend. He’s also the only defender who’s been top 10 every year since he broke out (2014 I believe) not much reason to see that changing.

Ringo

Quote from: IntegralX on June 23, 2020, 12:38:45 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 23, 2020, 09:48:48 AM

I’ve got Laird as well. He got 108 last week and that suggests he seems to be on the mend. He’s also the only defender who’s been top 10 every year since he broke out (2014 I believe) not much reason to see that changing.
Yep keeping him and may only trade rookies if not named otherwise sit.