2013/14 LISTED TRADES

Started by Ringo, August 30, 2013, 10:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: elephants on December 09, 2013, 08:59:12 PM
I assume you put your head in the sand in the second half of the season Colli? :P
Joel Selwood WILL win a brownlow. He ALMOST beat Gary Ablett JNR this season!
His last couple of months were absolutely outstanding and are just a taste of what is to come.

You sure there's no bias here mate? ;) Swan being a Pie and Selwood one of your most hated players (after the Eagles team list)? ;)

hey i like SOME eagles - i like you don't I

its only the little short ones with no necks that i dont like :)

and yes i hate selwood, if you have to lift your arm in a tackle to draw a high tackle and a free kick then you suck.

but he doesnt duck anymore he got that out of his game last season so i like him 50% more than i did in 2012 :)

he will have to win the brownlow this season because there are a number of younger players who look set to go past him and all the other guns very very quickly....

and i did say the guy getting selwood wins, but not enough to bag the guy giving him up....

and never write off the pig. i am very biased but he has not failed me yet and still finished #2 in the comp last season....

swan will play more fwd, and earn contested possessions there and kick goals. did plenty of that last season. not sure how it will effect his score but good point noz.

i never put my head in the sand, if i'm wrong i'm the first to say so, but my money on swan again for 2014 out of the two  ;)

JBs-Hawks

Stopped ducking and just through his legs out whenever he felt pressure

Spite

Quote from: Noz on December 09, 2013, 09:06:20 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-star-dane-swan-sets-2014-as-his-retirement-date/story-e6frf9jf-1226278748909

You would reckon the main idea of recruiting guys like Karny and Adams that Swan will play more forward next year to make sure he doesnt run out of steam.

You literally posted an article that they have since released an updated version as swan went back on his word and will play a few more years so it was completely irrelevant.

The main idea of recruiting Adams and Karny was to get the best players possible for as little as possible.

Swan will play mid and be rested as a forward like usual. I have spoken to him after that old article and it seemed like he would rather retire than play the game as an average footballer so I'm not sure he will ever be keen to play as a forward in the same way we expect gazza to eventually.

I think selwood wins in this trade but as colli said, that's mostly due to age and I don't believe the trade is so unrealistically lop sided that it needs to be vetoed.

Sorry for typing error I'm on my phone

Nige

I'd back in Spink's move to pay off tbh.

elephants

Lets just look at Joel Selwood's scores since round 15.

191, 167, 158, 171, 136, 178, 165, 154, 132.

Thats 9 games running @ 162 ppg. Roughly what Ablett averaged this season.

Food for thought.

In saying that... Seeing as the opinions are so divided, if both teams are happy, the trade should probably go through IMO.

Ringo

Did not expect the discussion that this trade invoked but that is the advantage of an open forum.

The trade is being approved as the independent trades committee have all approved it. For those who are unsure who the trades committee is it is Ziplock, Mr, Craig and My Chumps none of whom are involved as coach or co coach in British.

stew42

Chucking in my 2c worth:

Selwood>Swan

Vinny

Well you know my view on the actual trade. But in saying that,  it's been approved by the committee, both teams are happy and it's not my team so can't argue.

Memphistopheles

It's not the worst trade I've seen and I don't mind it. I can't see any reason why it should be rejected.

It's funny though, if this trade had gone through last season probably a few people would be leaning the other way.

Ricochet

Quote from: stew42 on December 10, 2013, 03:30:06 PM
Chucking in my 2c worth:

Selwood>Swan
SSelwood > Jelwood > Swan ;)

Vinny

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 10, 2013, 04:01:06 PM
It's not the worst trade I've seen and I don't mind it. I can't see any reason why it should be rejected.

It's funny though, if this trade had gone through last season probably a few people would be leaning the other way.

Not really, haha. Selwood averaged 117 last year and went under 99 twice and that's SC. Can only imagine it is even more in Sportal.

Nige

Troy Selwood > Scooter > Jelwood > Swan

Justin Bieber

Ricochet

Bryce Selwood > Troy Selwood >  Adam Selwood > Scooter > Jelwood > Swan

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ricochet on December 10, 2013, 04:48:36 PM
whatlez > Bryce Selwood > Troy Selwood >  Adam Selwood > Scooter > Jelwood > Swan