2013/14 LISTED TRADES

Started by Ringo, August 30, 2013, 10:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on December 09, 2013, 08:35:57 PM
Selwood would probably outscore Swan.

This.

Everyone knows this comp is driven by contested ball. Jelwood will absolutely shred the comp.

Colliwobblers

not just about contested possessions.

swan averaged 20 more PER GAME than selwood last sesaon

just saying.

157 to 137

Vinny

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 09, 2013, 08:43:05 PM

just saying.

157 to 137

you reckon this trade is fair?

Ringo

Come on guys bear in mind this is Sportal scoring which favours Swan a little.

I was involved in the negotiations and am happy with it.

Average ppg from this year under SC scoring:
Swan 154.76
Selwood 135.95

( I have all the records for this year so if you want to check any scores etc with me feel free to PM me)

So imo trade is reasonably even for the reasons that Swan is reaching the end of his career  whereas Selwood has a little youth on his side.

Anyway as per the rules I set for the Breakers trade is being run through the trades committee as well prior to ruling.

Justin Bieber

Yeah I realised that Swan averaged a lot more. But Swan to go down and Selwood up. But I don't care if Falcons want to struggle past 2014.

elephants

Thing is though, Selwood is 25. We haven't even seen the best of him yet.

Look at his last 9 games. That is the kind of performances we should expect regularly from Selwood.

Swan has what, 1? 2? years left? I am banking on it being 2.

Vinny

Cannot believe this discussion is taking place.

So extra 20ppg for 1-2 years vs destruction of the AFL for the next 7.

And I don't even think it will be 20ppg like this year, like ele said Selwood killed the second half.

He is young too, think difference will be 5ppg in Selwoods favour in 2014 and 10 in 2015.

But I don't really mind, your team.

elephants

Yeah to be honest, I am not hugely fussed. Just makes a middle-tier team more dangerous and weakens a premiership threat. Makes the comp more even if anything :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: vinny on December 09, 2013, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 09, 2013, 08:43:05 PM

just saying.

157 to 137

you reckon this trade is fair?

i reckon the guy getting selwood wins due to his age. but swan should outscore him or at least match him for the next 2-3 seasons.

i traded selwood for jack redden.

fortunately i then traded redden for fyfe.

not every trade has to be even as long as it isnt ridiculous and i think this one is not ridiculous. each to his own, but swan has been #1 or #2 mid in this comp for many years.

selwood hasn't gotten any better he has always been elite, he probably wont get any better, he is already elite, but has NEVER outscored swan in this comp. likely never will.

swans clangers were significantly down last season also, and under bucks you would expect his work rate to be up.....

hard to call - i say selwood wins but only on age and not by a lot.  up to Ringo tho not me :)

always surprises me tho every season even after 6 years everyone keeps saying selwwod will get so much better.... why?

think he is as good as he will ever be myself, not knocking him he is very good but why after 6 seasons do we think he is going to suddenly take another leap forward.?

still great player and for this comp and has many years to go where swan has 2-3 i would say, as long as he conforms to bucks ways, which if he does - HE probably will get better.

kilbluff1985

Your getting Selwood for Swan of course your happy Ringo  :P

kilbluff1985

Spinking could have gotten a much better deal IMO really should advertise when trading guns

elephants

I assume you put your head in the sand in the second half of the season Colli? :P
Joel Selwood WILL win a brownlow. He ALMOST beat Gary Ablett JNR this season!
His last couple of months were absolutely outstanding and are just a taste of what is to come.

You sure there's no bias here mate? ;) Swan being a Pie and Selwood one of your most hated players (after the Eagles team list)? ;)

JBs-Hawks

Trade suits boths needs, although personally wpuldnt destroy my teams future like that but each to there own. Good trade!

Noz

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-star-dane-swan-sets-2014-as-his-retirement-date/story-e6frf9jf-1226278748909

You would reckon the main idea of recruiting guys like Karny and Adams that Swan will play more forward next year to make sure he doesnt run out of steam.

Ringo

Did not realise this trade would cause so much comment

Remember trades do not have to be equal and reasons given are taken into consideration.

Spinking advised

Confirmed. It was all about premiership windows for us. Ours is closing fast and Swanny gives us a very good chance at the flag. Selwood will still be a gun for many years to come...

For Breakers allows us to establish a permanent captain for the club post swan which we needed.