FOX SPORTS Fantasy A-League 2014/15

Started by Luigi197, September 24, 2014, 09:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

http://aleaguefantasy.foxsports.com.au/

A-League Fantasy is back up and running on Foxsports for Season 2014-15. Rules and game style haven't changed much at all. Overall prize is $10,000, with $100 to be won for a top scorer of the round. By first impressions, it seems they've updated the player pricing/team budget a tad on last year to make the first team selection a little easier, i.e. better.

Have a crack and post your team down here, and i'll be giving back as much feedback as i can!
Personally, I've achieved the most success in Fantasy A-League out of all fantasy games out there. Finished 21st OVERALL in season 2011-12, but since have only kept in the top thousand. Quietly, the game is winnable by ordinary people like us, as there aren't hundreds of thousands of people doing it like in EPL or AFL, and often its just down to luck.

I have of course created a FanFooty Classic league. The code being 1627-379. I have also created a FanFooty H2H league. The code being 1627-593. So get on it!

To pick your starting team, i'd recommend initially starting my sorting the players by 'Team Selected By %', and then working off that. Choosing a formation between 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is also a good place to start. Look at obviously which teams will win, which players will be most important to their squad, who's overpriced, who's underpriced, who's in form, who's  young and ready to break out, who's got a flair to their game, who'll play every game, no doubts, etc.

Season kicks off Friday 10 October. Good luck!  :)

PS: GO MELBOURNE CITY  ;D

Jackross10

Don't know if I'll do it yet, it's the only fantasy I lose focus on, even though I go nearly every second week ::)

shaker

Just joined up Luigi anything to win some $$$ being a SC and fantasy addict might have something to do with it as well have not really done my team yet just auto filled cheers  ;)

PS - are you going to do a head to head league to or just classic ?

Luigi197

Quote from: shaker on September 25, 2014, 01:33:12 PM

only did the classic for now; just because i figured not enough people check it enough or post here to embrace the full aspect of bragging rights and what not. so with classic, who ever deserves to be on top by the season's end for being most consistent, wins it!

though if enough people want it i can make a H2H league too if that's the general feeling.

shaker

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 25, 2014, 03:20:16 PM

only did the classic for now; just because i figured not enough people check it enough or post here to embrace the full aspect of bragging rights and what not. so with classic, who ever deserves to be on top by the season's end for being most consistent, wins it!

though if enough people want it i can make a H2H league too if that's the general feeling.

I for one will join a H2H league nothing like outsmarting a direct opponent ha ha

Luigi197

Quote from: shaker on September 25, 2014, 03:55:29 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on September 25, 2014, 03:20:16 PM

I for one will join a H2H league nothing like outsmarting a direct opponent ha ha

Actually, yeah what the hey, i'll make a H2H one too!  ;D
but before i do, do we want any knockout rounds??

""
You may also add a knock-out stage, where the head-to-head league winner is decided by a final head-to-head playoff in the last Round. The league administrator has the following options for knock-out rounds:

1. A final between 1st and 2nd (played in the final Round only)
2. Semi Finals - Top 4 teams qualify (requires a minimum of 4 players in the head-to-head league, and is played over the final two Rounds)
3. Quarter Finals - Top 8 teams qualify (requires a minimum of 8 players in the head-to-head league, and is played over the final three Rounds)
""

shaker

The league last year had a lot of teams Luigi I think No2 rewarding the top 4 teams for me see if anyone else has a say but up to you does not really matter  ;)

Luigi197

Alright fellas. For those interested, a FanFooty H2H league has been created! Here is the code. I'll also put it in the original thread post.

1627-593

Luigi197

NOTE

SCORING
NEW
For every 8 recoveries by a player:   1 point
For a total of 8 blocks, clearances or interceptions by a player: 1 point
For every 2 shot assists:  1 point
For each shot on target by a player: 1 point

Luigi197

NOTE

TRANSFERS
NEW
Additionally, unused transfers will now roll over - so if you decide not to make 1 free transfer in a round, next round you will get two two. Note thought that there is a maximum of 1 rolled over transfer, so if you don't use any the following round, the round after you still only get two.

Jackross10

shaker

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 29, 2014, 07:05:06 PM
NOTE

TRANSFERS
NEW
Additionally, unused transfers will now roll over - so if you decide not to make 1 free transfer in a round, next round you will get two two. Note thought that there is a maximum of 1 rolled over transfer, so if you don't use any the following round, the round after you still only get two.

Thanks for that info Luigi did not know that will come in handy when players are going to be on other duties

Jackross10

Luigi197

Hey Jackross, not a bad start at all!
Pretty solid on all fronts, though i'd imagine Coe would start over Young, whether Young is playing or not. You've got Bojic on your bench, and was thinking that maybe if he's not in your best 11, you could slightly downgrade him or Ramsay to then upgrade someone else, just so you don't have too much coin sitting on the pine. Love your fwd line!

Jackross10

Quote from: Luigi197 on October 03, 2014, 06:45:06 PM
Hey Jackross, not a bad start at all!
Pretty solid on all fronts, though i'd imagine Coe would start over Young, whether Young is playing or not. You've got Bojic on your bench, and was thinking that maybe if he's not in your best 11, you could slightly downgrade him or Ramsay to then upgrade someone else, just so you don't have too much coin sitting on the pine. Love your fwd line!

Yeah thanks dude. Even though I go to every victory game nearly I don't have a clue for aleague fantasy haha. I'm just going by Teams selected by :)