Vetoed Trade in Ultimate Footy - thoughts please

Started by mcbarrel, May 13, 2013, 09:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbarrel

Over the weekend there was an explosive incident in my UF draft league (10 team league, head to head DT scoring):

On Friday Team A, who are particularly short on ruckmen, accepted a trade from Team B where A gave up Ryan Griffen for Jonathan Griffin. The trade remains idle for 48 hours whilst awaiting league approval.

On Saturday Ryan Griffen returned from injury and scored 120+ whilst Jon Griffin was injured and is facing a lengthy sideline stint.

On Sunday Coach A rang his mates in the league and convinced them to veto the trade (league rules required at least a third of coaches to vote against the trade for a veto to occur, hence Coach A needed to recruit 3 others which he successfully did). Coach B is understandably filthy.

Fair or foul from Coach A?? Is this kind of veto against the spirit of the game? Are injuries after a trade simply bad luck or is it OK that the trade was vetoed?

Ziplock

fair.

the trade hadn't been voted on at this point... when the trade was offered it may have been fair, but when it was getting voted on, the trade clearly favored the person getting ryan.

PowerBug

fair. Tough luck for coach B. :( Why trade RGriff anyways :o He is the Doggies best scorer now.

Ziplock

griffin was a top 4 ruck at that point

it's unlucky for coach b, but I stil lreckon it's fair.

I know the pain though, I was attempting to trade griffin in dt elite :(