Bye Rounds - Best 18 concept

Started by Giveitalittletappy, May 09, 2013, 11:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giveitalittletappy

Hi all,

I'm seeking some clarification as to how the best 18 rule works this year during round 11, 12 and 13.

My understanding is that the backs, mids, rucks and forwards structure goes out the window and as long as you have 18 players playing out of your squad of 30, you will get these scores. Is this correct?

Another example being if you have 22 players playing, you get the 'best 18' scorers of those 22 players from any position.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks heaps

Sweetness

Hey mate,

Out of the 22 players on your field (regardless of position) you will get the best 18.

The one catch is, say its rd 11 and you have multiple DEF and FWD outs the "best 18" cannot come from your mid bench even if they are playing.

Giveitalittletappy

GM

Quote from: Sweetness on May 10, 2013, 09:17:49 AM
Hey mate,

Out of the 22 players on your field (regardless of position) you will get the best 18.

The one catch is, say its rd 11 and you have multiple DEF and FWD outs the "best 18" cannot come from your mid bench even if they are playing.
You are saying players must be on the field to qualify?

Sweetness

I do believe that is it. (correct me if I'm wrong)

PowerBug

Yes, players have to be on your field to count. I assume Emergencies count as per normal, so your 9th mid can be your emergency and come in if there's a late out. Sounds right but i dunno for sure.

Giveitalittletappy

Thanks for all the help guys. Still seems as though there is some uncertainty...