Main Menu

RUBBISH!!

Started by redevilfc, April 30, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redevilfc

Does anyone else think the eliminator prize is rubbish??

The overall winner of the 2013 NAB AFL Dream Team Eliminator competition will receive the first prize of 1 x double pass to the game of the winner's choice (excluding Anzac Day and Finals), 1 x AFL "Fantasy" Sherrin football and 1 x $50 Merchandise pack.

just asking, didnt know where else to post or if anyone posted this topic yet.

Ziplock

Quote from: redevilfc on April 30, 2013, 06:17:31 PM
Does anyone else think the eliminator prize is rubbish??

The overall winner of the 2013 NAB AFL Dream Team Eliminator competition will receive the first prize of 1 x double pass to the game of the winner's choice (excluding Anzac Day and Finals), 1 x AFL "Fantasy" Sherrin football and 1 x $50 Merchandise pack.

just asking, didnt know where else to post or if anyone posted this topic yet.

yeah it's shower house.

I always thought the initial prize of 2k was a bit low tbh as well. Now its more like a gimmick :/

Windigo

Yeah, all the prizes are pretty shower TBH.

Ziplock

redevilfc

Ziplock

what? is that with tax or something?

I thought competitions were exempt from tax...

Toga

Wow what a shower prize. Like maybe if it was GF tickets or something that'd be cool but tickets excluding Finals and ANZAC day rules out all the big ones..

Whheeewww I got tickets to the Showdown that I could have bought for $50, and half of a guernsey... ::)

nrich102

All the prizes suck, don't be surprised

its me lads

Made a SC team as well this year just for their prizes  :P

Matt_352

nrich102

Quote from: Matt_352 on November 13, 2013, 06:45:13 PM
Cheap barbies
You are aware this thread is like 6 months old right?

Ziplock

Still a legitimate comment.

salver11

Not that it will make a difference but for the 25 words or less what would you change about dream team everyone should be saying the prizes. The prizes for Eliminator and the weekly winner were pathetic, particularly with how much page action it must create and therefor advertising revenue for the AFL through advertising/sponsorship.

Showing my age a bit but I played an AFL fantasy type game out of the state paper over 15 years ago and even then it was for a weekly prize of $1000. To give a cheap football and 2 tickets to a game of "your choice" is terrible, not worth the effort. Particularly as I'm in the West and a Dockers member so I already have my football ticket! The only thing that does make it worth while is being in a cash league which I may skip next year due to time constraints.

Grazz

Yeh it is crap considering how hard it is to win it, for example I have never seen the coach that wins the whole thing win eliminator aswell. The real prize at the minute is being able to say "I won Eliminator" that carries far more value than 2 tickets and a cheap footy.