Main Menu

Any GWS Fans out there

Started by FisherSaints, September 13, 2011, 08:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2011, 12:01:45 PM
Gotta stick true to your club. I know, i barrack for Port.
+ 1 remain loyal unless you live in Western Sydney,  I know I commenced barracking and supporting Brisbane in 1987 when they came into the AFL (Bad news bears as we were known prior to the Fizroy merger). Prior to 1987 although a Queenslander supported North Melbourne (so still have a soft spot Roo Boys and NFM)

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on September 18, 2011, 09:26:06 PM
I could never ever bring myself to jump ship to a new club :-X even if I supported Power....

Do you go to many games? You wouldn't be able to go to many if you live in Adelaide and support the Giants..

i jumped ship from the eagles to the roos. I was only 6 at the time though. I always find than when your team is down its always good to have a second team to support in the finals. Go Gellong

Ziplock

bomberboy0618

GWS are going to be even worse than GC IMO :/

Ziplock

true, true... but imo essendon are gonna be showerter than either :P

Jugganauts

I am a dedicated Bulldogs supporter but i do like GWS aswell, I followed the reports of all their matches this year and can't wait to see them play in the AFL next year. Still i will not be changing clubs as i am a doggie for life  :)

ossie85

Given I think the Giants are playing 3 games in Canberra a year, I could see them eventually becoming my 2nd team. Though deep down I'll always think they stole Tassie's spot in the AFL.

Master Q

Ossie I'd love to see you switch to GWS  :P

TBH I think most people in Canberra should go for them - What team do most people in Canberra support (I know it's NRL territory).

BTW I believe Shannon Noll is going to go for GWS.

ossie85

Most Canberra locals begrudgingly go for the Swans. But the Giants have already made a bigger effort, so I expect that to swing towards them.

BUT most Canberrans aren't local :) They've come here for work from everywhere in Aus, so you have a real mixture of supporters.

AFEV

My spot as '2nd team' will forever be reserved for the Tassie team.

I like GC a lot more than GWS, but it'd be nice to see them (and GC) finish 17th or better next year.
But after that, no love from me.

Torpedo10

I'm a Essendon supporter but i like GC and hope they do well. I don't think GWS will do well in the AFL sadly. They need more big bodies to lead them.

truBLUE

Quote from: Sid on October 13, 2011, 12:30:31 PM
My spot as '2nd team' will forever be reserved for the Tassie team.

I like GC a lot more than GWS, but it'd be nice to see them (and GC) finish 17th or better next year.
But after that, no love from me.
+1 Sid Can,t wait to see a tassie team, between GC and GWS scary to think what there young players will be like in a few seasons :)

elephants

West coast through and through. Never considered supporting anyone else especially not the freo choke... Dockers.

Ziplock

yeah, I still think it's just me :P

elephants

Fair enough if you've neve supported another team and you used to live there zip ;)