More mods please

Started by kilbluff1985, November 11, 2012, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 12, 2012, 06:27:38 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 12, 2012, 02:59:12 AM
Quote from: elephants on November 12, 2012, 02:22:04 AM
C4, Q, Colli, HP, Ossie.

5 perfect candidates. Active and level-headed! Cmon m0nty, make these 5 lads official!!

I also think Spink and CF deserve honourable mentions.

^^ ;)
No mention for me?  :P

I couldn't remember everyone mate ;)

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 12, 2012, 10:04:49 AM
Quote from: BB67th on November 12, 2012, 09:04:25 AM
Quote from: Ringo on November 12, 2012, 07:40:55 AM
Quote from: Sid on November 11, 2012, 11:22:47 PM
Have always thought we should have spec mods. Having a DT mod that is constantly on the DT boards might make the job easier for them and resultantly would do a better job. Same for SC, AFL, FB, cricket etc. etc.
Agree with Sid here Separate mods for the individual boards will help spread the load with the ever increasing amount of members we have.
I also agree, this sounds like a good idea.

i don't really like it, then if one of them are on they can only moderate that board they could just work out between themselves what they want to do
Point taken but if Mods are chosen correctly on where they spend the majority of their time then that is fine.  Also suggesting minimum of 2 mods for each board which I forgot originally.  To explain, in my case if I was a mod ,I am probably 95% in SC Board so would mod SC Board, Note not angling for the job.

With regards to Coaches Board I think it should be moderated by coaches with at least veteran status.

Master Q

Quote from: elephants on November 12, 2012, 06:29:46 PM
C4, Q, Colli, HP, Ossie.

5 perfect candidates. Active and level-headed! Cmon m0nty, make these 5 lads official!!

^^ ;)

Thanks ele  :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on November 11, 2012, 09:20:24 PM
HP and hawk_88 has been inactive... os deactivated his mod account

so we do have an issue atm.
I do what I can, as been a hectic recently for me as exam period and other stuff going on, I still check up for REPORTS (which is not used alot but I tend to get to them when on, first thing I check). Considering I am only home like half of the week and have other stuff going on (general sickness and all past year or so), it gets really hard to read all threads, so Mods rely on the report button. I have heard that some of these Draft threads have gotten out of hand, and spilled over into other threads. I am sadly not on as much as I used to be past years where I use to read every single thread made, so it gets quite hard to keep up at times (especially with site growth and sheer amount of posts now compared to then). Given, shall be able to see about things faster starting from next week.

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 11, 2012, 08:58:05 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 03, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 03, 2012, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 03, 2012, 03:41:28 PM
Think if Oss wants to be a Mod again, he should be allowed, he did a fantastic job for the forum! But I agree C4, we probably need another one or two as the site grows and the increasing presence of trolls (leading to increase of attacks/abuse/etc).

You could also look at spreading the load of moderating whereby instead of x amount of moderators look after the entire site, individual moderators look after individual sections of the site.

One person moderates the DreamTeam section, one moderates the SuperCoach section, etc etc.
Possibly, but if one decides to take leave, another would have to take on their duties. And if m0nty doesn't see, that section may go Un-modded for a period of time, so easier to have them all over and whoever is on can deal with reports and such.

However, if we become more organised, could easily talk among ourselves to see who could take each section (although all remain Mods for all sections available). This way we can handle our own sections and help out elsewhere if needed.

Also rely on reports which not many use. I tend to get PMs from some users or they ask me on Chat to see to stickying topics and all. Would make job easier if more report but think everybody is lenient when it comes to that button.

Valid point HP.

A lot more education about forum etiquette is needed and a more focus on the reporting button too.

Been discussing with C4 in the Mod board about this very thing for a little while, especially after Ossie deactivated. I agree we need another 1-2. Ossie can get back on when he's ready and I nominated C4 for the other position. However, it is down to m0nty.

Ringo

Thanks for the explanations HP.  We as users need to be more pro-active and use the report button a lot more when threads get out of hand. Seems to have got a lot more out of hand in the last 6 months or so.

Must admit the one time I did use the report button action was very swift so that may be the lesson.

Thanks for what you do as mods.

kilbluff1985

cheers Hellopplz, and hope you didn't take offense to the post i just knew we only had like 2 or 3 mods atm and don't think that's enough especially when pre season gets really busy like when NAB cup starts

ossie85

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on November 13, 2012, 11:41:18 AM

modding for me please

I just modded your comment.

Boomz for mod imo, he's #1 online so because he doesn't have a life, boomz for mod.

elephants

Quote from: Master Q on November 12, 2012, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 12, 2012, 06:29:46 PM
C4, Q, Colli, HP, Ossie.

^^ ;)

Thanks ele  :)

8)

Grazz

Need more help for those curently doing it, only going to get busier soon.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on November 13, 2012, 11:41:18 AM

No modding for me please
Fair enough Oss, you did a fantastic job while you were Mod, probably moreso as picked up our slack.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 13, 2012, 09:32:37 AM
cheers Hellopplz, and hope you didn't take offense to the post i just knew we only had like 2 or 3 mods atm and don't think that's enough especially when pre season gets really busy like when NAB cup starts
I am actually on your side when it comes to having more Mods! Just when people say we have to be ontop of everything, makes life alot easier if people can use the report button such as the spammer from earlier today.

hawk_88

Hey guys,

Been on fairly rarely over the past year so hard to comment on the current state, but I can say as past mod (although recently found out I technically still am one) that the reports feature makes our job MUCH easier. It sends us all an email, so even if we aren't on the site at the time we can quickly jump on and deal with the problem. MUCH easier than reading every post.

More mods could very much be a good thing, 3-4 is probably a decent amount as 3 seemed to work pretty well when I was active a while ago.

Having separate mods for sections probably isn't a great idea though. I understand the concept, but what it means is that you can have one mod who is currently online unable to doing anything because the problem isn't in his section. That and it makes it difficult to track people who are trouble makers in general across the whole forum. It is a good idea to have a selection of mods who as a whole will cover most if not all of the site, but give all mods full access.

Ringo

Thanks you both (HP and Hawk) for the updates.

There appears to be 2 things coming out of this after reading the thread:

1.  We probably need another 2 mods to be added.  I think 4/5 would be ideal as there should  then be adequate cover if one or two of the mods needs a period of inactivity.

2. Given that when the report button is used all mods are sent an email about the thread then we should get in the habit of using it immediately any situations arise.

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo link=topic=69155.msg 926490#msg 926490 date=1352799504
Thanks you both (HP and Hawk) for the updates.

There appears to be 2 things coming out of this after reading the thread:

1.  We probably need another 2 mods to be added.  I think 4/5 would be ideal as there should  then be adequate cover if one or two of the mods needs a period of inactivity.

2. Given that when the report button is used all mods are sent an email about the thread then we should get in the habit of using it immediately any situations arise.

Agreed Ringo,also think an older head would be a asset. How about yourself mate. ;)

Nails

Just realised....

Hawk_88 = FanFooty Mod

= I've met fanfooty royalty in real life  ;D ;D ;D