Main Menu

Fanplanner 2013

Started by Scrads, September 03, 2012, 01:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty411

m0nty if you read this - it'd be good if you could consider this for implementation.

Firstly cheers for the early fanplanner - awesome work!

I just can't help but notice that there's a lot of discuss on the forums about the strong likeliness of the Magic Number being well out from what it's likely to be released at once DT opens... I notice the Salary Cap has been aptly increased but it's not in line with what the MN will likely be.

I know we won't know what it'll be until the Team Picker is released mid-December but maybe we could update it to be a bit closer to what it'll likely be? That way coaches can at least start to concoct realistic teams instead of seeing ones with ridiculously stacked teams ala this time last year - only to be completely hacked to pieces when the true MN was annouced.

May I suggest an updated MN to around 5000-5100 to be more realistic? I think this would benefit everyone at this stage...

Cheers

POK252

Good idea, ATM Im leaving 800-900k in the bank which is about right I reckon

Mr.Craig

Quote from: POK252 on September 17, 2012, 04:10:36 PM
Good idea, ATM Im leaving 800-900k in the bank which is about right I reckon

I think that's a bit conservative. I'm hoping it will be more in the region of 500k.

Matty411

A magic number of 5000 would mean you'd need roughly $550-600k remaining to fit under the new cap

JBs-Hawks

Probably post in the feedback section if you want monty to notice this

m0nty

I have updated the MN to a more realistic 5145. Sorry about the mix up.

Matty411

Cheers M0nty - much more realistic. Many thanks.

elephants

Hey m0nty, love your work! It seems you have 'blocked' my personal message so I'll just chuck it here :)

G'day mate,

There has been a lot of talk about Carrazzo losing his dpp next year.

1) do you have any inside info from champion data about this
2) what do you think he will be

I wasn't sure he could have played enough games to go into an exclusive midfielder...?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Ziplock

le, 14 games is easily enough of an assessment, and you don't really need inside info if you watch most the games... that being sia,d I only saw one or two carlton games, but both of them carrazzo seemed to be almost purely a mid.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on September 23, 2012, 03:04:36 PM
le, 14 games is easily enough of an assessment, and you don't really need inside info if you watch most the games... that being sia,d I only saw one or two carlton games, but both of them carrazzo seemed to be almost purely a mid.

I mean like inside info from Champion Data or something because thats who makes the possies up. He might knwo through his fanplanner work and that.

Justin Bieber

If you tag all the top midfielders like Ablett, etc, how can you not be considered a pure midfielder.

We might as well quit player any fantasy games if Carrazzo is a defender next year.

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on September 23, 2012, 07:07:16 PM
If you tag all the top midfielders like Ablett, etc, how can you not be considered a pure midfielder.

We might as well quit player any fantasy games if Carrazzo is a defender next year.

Well why hasn't he been a mid only for the last few years ?

Master Q

In 2010/11 he often played as a Half Back... That's where he plays when he isn't tagging...

m0nty

I don't have any inside knowledge, no.

As has been noted many times before, classification relies mostly on where you get your possessions on the field. I don't quite know how Carrazzo has survived as a back this long either.

Ziplock

maybe cause the blues sucked for so long the ball was always in their back half ? :P