Hawks v Swans - Semi-final & Goodes' 300th game!!!!!

Started by j959, September 13, 2011, 12:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

I've seen the reports and Goodesy just wants the fellas to treat it as another final and not to feel any extra pressure with it being his 300th game ...

Think it will depend on Buddy and whether he plays and if he's fit enough if he does.
Hawks are definitely vulnerable with I suspect Cyril and Hodgey carrying slight injuries ... form lines seem to be going in opposite directions but if the bloods don't show up but the crew that lost to Adel do it will be season over ...

ROK and Goodes stood up last wk, so looking to them to do it again. Heaps of respect to McVeigh too for just getting out onto the park.   :'(

PowerBug

Same with Bailey and his half-injury. His impact on the game will go a long way to deciding the match.

TheMailman

Swans deserve to win
Coming of better form and with the 42 points Frankin kicked against them out of the equation providing they show up I wouldn't be suprised of a similar match to Swans v. Saints

No Bias  ::)

SydneyRox

I think if it was anywhere but the MCG we would be favourites to win.

Sydney has a terrible record at the MCG of recent time, hope we can turn that around.

The best thing about Buddy not playing is that we can focus on our own game plan and IMO that is what is getting us over the line the last few weeks.

If we can get over the Hawks then the Pies had better watch out!! Confidence and form are wonderful things

j959

ok Buddy named but my mate who's a keen poker player says Clarko needs to work on his 'poker face' a bit more and reckons Buddy will not play ...

saw Buddy kicking it around at training on news reports but they didn't show him running ...

i don't think it will matter as long as 'the bloods' show up ...   :D

Swans are really good value at around $2.90 imo, just wish I wasn't so tight and could put a bit on them ...  ;)

Fletch74

Is this still on :o

After last night, I forgot there was footy this weekend...

SydneyRox

Yeah, Ross lyon is having a press conference tonight, but they thought Syd and Hawthorn should have an elimnation final as the pre show!!

PowerBug

C'mon Swannies! They're coming back, 4 on the trot now!

roo boys!

Came quite close at one stage, but I was very saddened when the hawks started kicking away. Good season though for the Swannies, gotta be pleased with that.

Fireballz

Quote from: roo boys! on September 17, 2011, 12:20:09 AM
Came quite close at one stage, but I was very saddened when the hawks started kicking away. Good season though for the Swannies, gotta be pleased with that.
Yep very proud of the way they finished off the season and looking forward to 2012 after good signs from the young crew. Congrats to Goodesy for game #300, and to Kennelly for an outstanding career!
And all the best for McVeigh in the offseason. Hoping he and his family keep well and remember all the support they have from the club and the fans, and the football community in general.

j959

i'm still finding it hard to write about the game - 'the bloods' only showed up for one quarter unfortunately ...

having said that it was a decent end to the season (apart from the semi-final), but the season just missed the usual Swans consistency. I think they did better than I thought they would and made top6 when I thought they would struggle to make the top8 so not a bad season.

Longmire's first as coach had it's issues but hoping for some improvement.
i'm just worried about how or where the (top level class) improvement will come from in the next few seasons as McVeigh, Bolton, ROK and Goodes start to move on???  ???   :'(   

got some good kids coming thru but Jack didn't take that next step up as hoped and Hannebery toiled hard thru the year but didn't quite take it to that next level after rising star last year ...  :-\

Ringo

Wouldn't be too hard on Jack at this stage.  Started the year well but then had that injury which slowed him down a bit.  Maybe with an injury free run may go to that next level.  (I Had him in my SC side as a unique M6 and was quite happy till the injury)

Fireballz

Jack will be the next Kirk so I wouldn't worry about him. Parker has showed a bit of mongrel as well and Hannebery has a lot of guts. White improved towards the end of the season and finally started showing what everyone has been waiting for (but still needs to kick goals to be any good). Reid is obviously very promising, Johnson and Johnston both played well in patches, and Kennedy hasn't been around that long so we can expect a few more years and improvement out of him and McGlynn too. TDL needs to be given a few more chances in the forward line as he's got a lot to give as well.

I think there's a lot of good signs going ahead for the Swans and while it was disappointing the way we were outplayed in the 2nd half, the fight that was shown by the lads was reminiscent of the old bloods never-say-die spirit. With some improved kicking skills around the ground and in front of goal, I think we can expect an even better result next year.  8)

SydneyRox

some really good signs for the future out of this year, but you cant give a team like hawthorn a four goal head start and then expect to win!
Great season though, we finished in the top 8 which no one thought we would and winning in the first week of the finals as well!!