Main Menu

Kenelly retires

Started by valkorum, September 01, 2011, 10:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

SydneyRox

Fantastic player, one of my favourite Swans and a player who was really important to us in 05 and 06.
As a fan I wasnt always happy he went away and came back until I read his book and then I had a much better view of how hard it was for him as a 17 year old kid and his mental strength to keep going.
Will always be remembered for the Irish Jig in 05 and should be remembered for being one of the finest running and attacking defenders in the AFL.

Fireballz

I'll remember him for his goal in I think 05 vs Brisbane (maybe?) where he ran all the way from half back, did a 360 turn out of trouble and slotted the goal from 50.
Champion player and all the best to him for life after footy!

My Chumps

Quote from: Fireballz on September 02, 2011, 10:16:44 AM
I'll remember him for his goal in I think 05 vs Brisbane (maybe?) where he ran all the way from half back, did a 360 turn out of trouble and slotted the goal from 50.
Yup, Brisbane.
And it was a 360 turn out of a Voss tackle!

SydneyRox

He played easily his best game on the weekend! Amazing how annoucing your retirement takes all the pressure off. Look at BBBH as well!!
Tadhg Could be a real key for us over the next few weeks if he continues to play the same way!

Fyfe_gun

Do you reckon sheedy will make a play for him??? could draw sydney crowds for gws

SydneyRox

Cant see it, reckon he has lost the urge to play, just didnt have the love in the last few weeks.

He may go back to Ireland and play another season there, he is still young enough and Gaelic isnt as physical on the body

Holz

I hope he still plays in the international series was easily my favourite player down at sydeny, i will forever remeber the DT debarcle when he scored a 0.

CFC 1979

really should not have come back