Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 08, 2017, 11:06:05 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 08, 2017, 10:58:15 PM
6 Div 1 titles  8)
Combined for both teams in YOD? Or just one?

To be honest I'm disappointed with most pure Youth farm teams, if you've done it for more than 6 seasons you're wasting your time not stepping up and playing against the majority of managers who use the senior side.

A little less at pure Senior sides too, respect goes out for all those trying to do all 3.

Just one and i run all teams in it, its not a youth farm for the last 4 titles.

WhatMate

Got 4 YOD1.1 titles in Scotland but thats it. Running all three sides, last season was that I had all three sides in div 1 but unfortunately I got relegated in SOD. Didnt pay a whole lot of attention to the team that season, but have become interested again and can hopefully get promoted and keep my spot in div 1 T20and YOD

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 08, 2017, 11:06:05 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 08, 2017, 10:58:15 PM
6 Div 1 titles  8)
Combined for both teams in YOD? Or just one?

To be honest I'm disappointed with most pure Youth farm teams, if you've done it for more than 6 seasons you're wasting your time not stepping up and playing against the majority of managers who use the senior side.

A little less at pure Senior sides too, respect goes out for all those trying to do all 3.
dw Torp they play in easier leagues ;) Much tougher for us with our teams one with one of the strongest Div 1s for a long time (Sri Lanka) and our other sides in a really strong nation all the way down (New Zealand) :P

WhatMate

Ill be on the look out for a 16 year old Sri Lankan 1 bowler or all-rounder, 1 keeper and 1 batsman, so if anyone pulls a good player feel free to contact me

fanTCfool

16yrs Old | 24,286 Rating | Spend all your cash on him because it's going to a newbie who needs a good start  ;)
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1970689

PowerBug

FTP has one dodgy Match Engine, especially when it comes to chasing on a Slow deck.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3937113
Where do I start?
1) I actually thought the first innings was fair, Torp has the stronger team, my guys bowled well and 240 is well out of reach anyway.
2) I know Torp is terrible at setting orders, but Palanivel and Maloney scoring what they did, with only 1 chance offered in their partnership? If it was Livera and Hankey I'd understand it, not those two though. (Yes the BH talent helped the score along)
3) 217/4 off 42 overs, this game is over. I win this game. Still got two expert bats to come in (Not ideal but good enough to do the job). Then everyone decides to get out
4) 2 drop catches late? Pleeeeeease that is so odd for decent fielders.
5) Kotta's wicket. Surely when there's one to win with so much time, an experienced and competent batsman will only get out caught behind, bowled or run out? Don't know how he gets caught anywhere else in the field.

I just find it really common on a Slow, had many games over the last few seasons where I'd win from the position Torp was in today after 42 overs, or lose like I almost did today.

Weird game, but I'll take the 22k upset of course ;D

PowerBug

Well time for a new nation then.

JBs-Hawks

Guess you best come to the only FF controlled senior nation ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 10, 2017, 06:34:24 PM
Guess you best come to the only FF controlled senior nation ;)
It's an option but I've been told not to by someone who was there :o

Guess I got cocky and thus lost the election. Weird.

nrich102

PowerBug

M. Hossain (rfs) 9.4-0-58-5, M. Tasleem 0 (0b)
End of over 49 (2 runs) - PowerBugCC(220-10) RR 4.49

220 looks a lot better than 172 which is what it would've been without the Boundary Hitter talent. Yep, 48 runs thanks to that talent today :D

Torpedo10

Well, this is almost as bad as what happened to me two seasons ago.  :P

Quote from: PowerBug on February 10, 2017, 06:26:41 PM

Can't say I was overly surprised, I should've voted for you PB. My 5 votes could've gotten you over the line.  ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 10, 2017, 08:57:14 PM

Can't say I was overly surprised, I should've voted for you PB. My 5 votes could've gotten you over the line.  ;)
Almost as bad? It's easily worse than what happened to you ??? I've been supporting Sri Lanka since Season 16, not to mention all the other stuff I've done within that nation.

But yes, time to move on, where to go though? :-\ Already been given offers by 4 managers so I have some choice.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on February 10, 2017, 09:00:02 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 10, 2017, 08:57:14 PM

Almost as bad? It's easily worse than what happened to you ??? I've been supporting Sri Lanka since Season 16, not to mention all the other stuff I've done within that nation.

But yes, time to move on, where to go though? :-\ Already been given offers by 4 managers so I have some choice.
Yes, almost.

By that theory, I should've gotten the Scotland job because I've done more for the country than Jim has over the course of the last 15 seasons.  :P

Torpedo10

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1698633

Who is interested? Pretty cheap for a guy who could slot into any D4 Best XI I think,