From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 04, 2017, 03:44:08 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on February 04, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 04, 2017, 03:02:56 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on February 04, 2017, 02:58:45 PM
I've arrived at FTP, under the guidance of PB I'm learning the basics, look out for coach FTC  ;D
Under PB? Don't you want success?  :P

Well I did pick Scotland as my nation, and have spotted your name a couple of times  :o
Haha spotted my name where?

Yeah good call on Scotland, see how it goes there for a season and reasses. I've probably been one of the most involved managers in the Scottish National scene ever, it's a good place.

It was some sort of national leaderboard for the different formats, a cheeky Torpedo10 appearance in the Top 10 I think

PowerBug

I've arrived at FTP, under the guidance of PB I'm learning the basics, look out for coach FTC  ;D
Won a Div 1 title well before you bruh. Also got ripped off in the WC final.
(Maybe replace ripped off for completely outplayed)

I'm amazed how this is my 20th full season and I'm yet to have owned a Scottish player in either Main or Affiliate.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2017, 08:25:16 PM
Won a Div 1 title well before you bruh. Also got ripped off in the WC final.
(Maybe replace ripped off for completely outplayed)

I'm amazed how this is my 20th full season and I'm yet to have owned a Scottish player in either Main or Affiliate.
It was a youth one though, it hardly counts as being as difficult as seniors. Look at the prize money and wage difference.   ;)

I still think it's ironic you were really angry about me touring Udawatta for the WC, yet you toured Livera when he was clearly not up to scratch. Not only that, he played 6/7 games while averaging under 10 and went for a golden duck in the final.

That's club team bias.  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 04, 2017, 09:55:19 PM
It was a youth one though, it hardly counts as being as difficult as seniors. Look at the prize money and wage difference.   ;)

I still think it's ironic you were really angry about me touring Udawatta for the WC, yet you toured Livera when he was clearly not up to scratch. Not only that, he played 6/7 games while averaging under 10 and went for a golden duck in the final.

Still counts.

Livera was the 7th best bat we had (not even kidding). And the two he toured over had been trialed and failed to me.

Then the plan was Livera to play 3 get burnt out then not play any more. But because we had sewn up a finals spot pretty much after 3 games, I played him right through the first 5 so our best bats would be rested for the finals.

The Final though I just got cocky I think :P That whole game I just completely stuffed up from the selection table to the orders.

Also, Livera is a $24k waged wc/excep bat with exceptional fielding and wc power. I think he's up to scratch ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2017, 10:03:52 PM

Still counts.

Livera was the 7th best bat we had (not even kidding). And the two he toured over had been trialed and failed to me.

Then the plan was Livera to play 3 get burnt out then not play any more. But because we had sewn up a finals spot pretty much after 3 games, I played him right through the first 5 so our best bats would be rested for the finals.

The Final though I just got cocky I think :P That whole game I just completely stuffed up from the selection table to the orders.
I would love to see those orders.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 04, 2017, 10:06:32 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2017, 10:03:52 PM

Still counts.

I would love to see those orders.
I screenied them on my phone so I could post them up if we won, but we lost and I didn't want to look at them again so deleted them.

I could probably give you the A/D/N spells if you give me a rundown of the over spells as I don't have the Membership to view the commentary.

PowerBug

Here's the line-up with what I probably did for the batting:

(D) H. Cheetah
(N) U. Yapa
(D) T. Lannister
(D) S. Kumarihami
(N) H. Livera
(D) N. Udagamsuriya
(N) A. Munasinghe (c,wk)
(D) P. Nelson
(N) F. Maljinn
(N) S. Kamburugoda
(N) C. Wallace

This bit actually worked as we scored 205 on a Windy/Sticky with heaps of fatigue. But we were chasing 230...

Basically:
- Cheetah because he's a Seam Spec and was in super form.
- Lannister because his tech is high-wc (was elite)
- Kumarikami and Udagger because they are the two Left handers (And Udagger was our least fatigued bat)
- Nelson as he was our last recognised bat
- Yapa opening to try and see off as many balls as possible (6 off 10 was a pass)

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2017, 10:21:44 PM
Here's the line-up with what I probably did for the batting:

(D) H. Cheetah
(N) U. Yapa
(D) T. Lannister
(D) S. Kumarihami
(N) H. Livera
(D) N. Udagamsuriya
(N) A. Munasinghe (c,wk)
(D) P. Nelson
(N) F. Maljinn
(N) S. Kamburugoda
(N) C. Wallace

This bit actually worked as we scored 205 on a Windy/Sticky with heaps of fatigue. But we were chasing 230...

Basically:
- Cheetah because he's a Seam Spec and was in super form.
- Lannister because his tech is high-wc (was elite)
- Kumarikami and Udagger because they are the two Left handers (And Udagger was our least fatigued bat)
- Nelson as he was our last recognised bat
- Yapa opening to try and see off as many balls as possible (6 off 10 was a pass)
That looks fair enough,

I played on a Dry yesterday against Mads and opened Huggins, my Ord Lefty Bat. Scored 16 off 25 and we made 258. We just blew if. :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 04, 2017, 10:24:56 PM
I played on a Dry yesterday against Mads and opened Huggins, my Ord Lefty Bat. Scored 16 off 25 and we made 258. We just blew if. :P
A Dry is a weird one, because the first 10 overs is when you want to score the runs against the disadvantaged seamers, but you also don't want to lose wickets to the seamers as the spinners should no doubt do damage. So I see the pros and cons for both.

Where I went wrong was that I played Maljinn (rws) over Hankey (rf). Hankey had less fatigue and was still a strike bowler (and a better bowler than Maljinn). The bowling figures of the ws just made me fall for it and I had to play him :-\

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2017, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 04, 2017, 10:24:56 PM
A Dry is a weird one, because the first 10 overs is when you want to score the runs against the disadvantaged seamers, but you also don't want to lose wickets to the seamers as the spinners should no doubt do damage. So I see the pros and cons for both.

Where I went wrong was that I played Maljinn (rws) over Hankey (rf). Hankey had less fatigue and was still a strike bowler (and a better bowler than Maljinn). The bowling figures of the ws just made me fall for it and I had to play him :-\
Ive really come to hate the Dry pitch. Randomness is so common.

PowerBug

Quote from: DazBurg on February 02, 2017, 08:50:46 PM
Quote from: BratPack on February 02, 2017, 08:39:04 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on February 02, 2017, 08:29:56 AM
Quote from: BratPack on February 02, 2017, 12:51:33 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 19, 2016, 12:12:26 AM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=833307
The end is near :'( :'( 417 games and there's hopefully a few more in him yet!

My leading games tally across all formats:
Paul Aronstam 416 (33yo)
William Wardlaw 310
Sadique Watson 296
Franklin Byrd 282 (31yo)
Kevin Horton 252
Faraaaz Rasil 249 (30yo)
George Maloney 237 (28yo)
Not including the two matches that have been played this season

Rasil, Byrd and Maloney all players that I've had from 16, and as can be seen, they might get to 300, but 416 is a long way away!

Edit: Turns out yesterday was 5 years to the day when I pulled him from my academy.

Marc Bruin will be playing match 400 (Well 400 competitively if you include friendlies he's at 420 now) on Friday. If you factor in all his National games and Nat Friendly games he'll be coming up on Game 600 some time this season, But like Aronstam the end is nigh for the Black Shadow. I think this will probably be his final year
i take it for these stats it is only SOD & 20/20?

That's across all formats.  If you include just SOD and T20 he's played 367 for the club (348 competiveally) and 470 total.

ahh ok

so i got a boy who can join in

Gadil Khaleel
SOD = 208
20/20 = 204
youth = 48

not including friendlies
I don't include friendlies because I play so many of them, but Aronstam is now up to 434. He's 24 runs away from leading me in all time T20 runs scored so I'm really just waiting for that to happen. Amazingly he's still expert/accom with some secondaries (basically a well rounded 20yo) so hopefully it won't take too long...

Torpedo10

All time games leaders;

Hamid Ohanga - 326 (165 SOD, 135 T20, 26 YOD)
Chaminda Thithgala - 320 (170 SOD, 150 T20)
William Lovell - 319 (174 SOD, 145 T20)
Kashif Khan - 306 (177 SOD, 129 T20)

nrich102

How do I train?

Ninjas >> Nayana Mirzaa >> Details

Player Info
17 years | 20,701 rating | $680 wage (5% discount)
Right hand batsman | Right arm Wrist spin
Talents Skilled (Keeping), Natural Leader
Nationality Sri Lanka
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience atrocious
Captaincy reasonable

Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler poor
Keeper atrocious
Allrounder poor

Skills
Batting ordinary Endurance ordinary
Bowling ordinary Technique ordinary
Keeping atrocious Power poor
Fielding ordinary

PowerBug

Fixed up the formatting there. I'd go bowler.

nrich102