Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on June 14, 2016, 01:18:40 PM
All fielding training should be done at 16 as it trains the fastest then.

If you want the player for your senior squad, then train to whatever your min is (at least reliable IMO), if you are just training for youth/youth nat, then just train to reasonable/capable (whatever the country min is set to).
I'm sure there's a reason why the first line is the correct way to do things, but primary training also trains the quickest at 16 ;)

I do it a bit every season because players that come up into my Youth 11 for whatever reason would be better as avg/avg with reas fielding compared to ord/ord with cap fielding.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on June 14, 2016, 05:12:33 PM

If you want the player for your senior squad, then train to whatever your min is (at least reliable IMO), if you are just training for youth/youth nat, then just train to reasonable/capable (whatever the country min is set to).
I'm sure there's a reason why the first line is the correct way to do things, but primary training also trains the quickest at 16 ;)

I do it a bit every season because players that come up into my Youth 11 for whatever reason would be better as avg/avg with reas fielding compared to ord/ord with cap fielding.

IMO train to country minimum first @ 16yo. Then train once he turns 20. Training fielding at 20 is only about 0.2-0.5 weeks slower at worst. The experience he'll get from NATs especially if a top dog is infinitely better than saving 1.0 weeks of training.

valkorum

To get a pop in fielding is only 3 weeks at 16yo - 3 weeks to go from reasonable to capable will not stop your player from being avg/avg (if he started at ord/ord).

If I stopped at Reasonable fielding (instead of Reliable), I would only have an extra 6 weeks of training primaries - at best, 1 extra pop.
If I stopped at Capable fielding I would only have an extra 3 weeks of training primaries - which wouldn't account for 2 pops in primaries (as you are saying)

The difference in ME (match engine) for an ord/ord primary player vs an avg/avg player is negligible, where as the difference in fielding is more significant at that level. 

TLDR: Trust me, I have spoken in depth with GM-deltronzero about this.  If you are training a youth who will someday be in your senior side, train his fielding to your senior minimum requirements first before anything else. 

Nails

It's not a matter of prims/field @ 16yo though.

It's the fact you can get fielding pops in 3.5 weeks in a decent academy at 20. And fielding @ 16 is more like 3.2 off the top of my head.

If he makes NATs the extra experience he'll get overshadows the 1 (2 at best) extra weeks of training you get. If he manages to be one of the better NATs, the extra 10-20 games of NAT experience = nearly or at the top end a whole level of exp which will outrank your extra 1.5 weeks of training.

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on June 14, 2016, 05:56:25 PM

To get a pop in fielding is only 3 weeks at 16yo - 3 weeks to go from reasonable to capable will not stop your player from being avg/avg (if he started at ord/ord).

If I stopped at Reasonable fielding (instead of Reliable), I would only have an extra 6 weeks of training primaries - at best, 1 extra pop.
If I stopped at Capable fielding I would only have an extra 3 weeks of training primaries - which wouldn't account for 2 pops in primaries (as you are saying)

The difference in ME (match engine) for an ord/ord primary player vs an avg/avg player is negligible, where as the difference in fielding is more significant at that level. 

TLDR: Trust me, I have spoken in depth with GM-deltronzero about this.  If you are training a youth who will someday be in your senior side, train his fielding to your senior minimum requirements first before anything else.
Well, not two full levels, I know that much, but 3 weeks of training which may turn that ord/ord into avg/avg.

Does he really train straight to spectacular? I suppose all his players end up going to u19 NATs anyway so he doesn't really get the chance to train to train them too much differently.

All of my youths are just below that NAT level, but I plan to hold some through seniors where they will need exceptional fielding. Do you reckon they would be better players by training fielding to exceptional first then doing primaries? (I obviously wouldn't go that far at 16, but hypothetically)

valkorum

Last conversation I had with DZ he was training fielding to outstanding before switching to primaries.  I train to reliable

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on June 14, 2016, 06:10:26 PM
Last conversation I had with DZ he was training fielding to outstanding before switching to primaries.  I train to reliable
Interesting. Does this mean all the players in his youth squad not revealed are the ones with outstanding fielding? :P Because all the revealed players have capable fielding. Next seasons 16yos I will take to reliable straight away and go from there.

For my young seniors I will stick to what I currently do which is that same staggered approach, as I have experienced what happens when I take my players from reliable to exceptional straight away then they are 22 and I want to give them games but can't because I've spent so long on fielding and their primaries are still so far behind to play them.

WhatMate

I just have a simple rule that for players I plan on keeping in my seniors, I train them straight to capable fielding. Then focus on getting primaries to exp/accom, once i reach that I do fielding till outstanding/spec which usually gives the tech a pop along the way.

Players that I believe will make u19 Nat but wont make seniors go to reasonable fielding then focus on primaries.

Players that are just youth players usually get reasonable or average fielding, but it all depends on need for the squad.

valkorum

I totally agree that if you are not keeping a player in to your senior squad then fielding to reas/capa is perfectly fine. 

nrich102

Hellopplz

I may do that if I can find a good player to tinker with. Won't be a great player but a guy I think has Senior potential, and see how he turns out next season onwards. It's an interesting theory and I don't think I've ever gone past Capable for a 16 y.o, yet alone to Outs when he's 16 (probably would turn 17 before he gets there for me).

valkorum

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 17, 2016, 12:42:25 AM
I may do that if I can find a good player to tinker with. Won't be a great player but a guy I think has Senior potential, and see how he turns out next season onwards. It's an interesting theory and I don't think I've ever gone past Capable for a 16 y.o, yet alone to Outs when he's 16 (probably would turn 17 before he gets there for me).

To get to outstanding fielding, you will have to train fielding while they are 17 as well.  The only way you could do it is if you get a week 1 pull at capable fielding

Cookie311993

A lot of the players dz buys have gifted(technique) or another training talent

Hellopplz

Quote from: valkorum on June 17, 2016, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on June 17, 2016, 12:42:25 AM
To get to outstanding fielding, you will have to train fielding while they are 17 as well.  The only way you could do it is if you get a week 1 pull at capable fielding
Ah. And makes sense with Cookies' comment about him buying gifted talent. Guess I'll try it if I get a relevant gifted Tech or Bat/Bowl to go with a decent start for fielding. Train the player up for Seniors and see how close he is. If he can get to Rel/Rel (and a bit) with Outs fielding by the time he's 20 reckon he's about on par with other seniors I've had when they're 21/22.

nrich102

How are people leagues looking? Just got drawn in YOD with DZ, but I was never a chance of promoting there. Hoping to promote in SOD and T20.