Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

staying on board JB?

part of me says don't leave em to rot

but part of me thinks we need a steady head involved to at least make sure the basics are being done right

BratPack

Boomz

Just made a new team... I've missed FTP  :'(

DazBurg

Quote from: Boomz on March 28, 2016, 04:47:36 PM
Just made a new team... I've missed FTP  :'(
BOOMZIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Pkbaldy

hey
Sent at: 29 Mar 16 13:36   From:  Nepal   To:  Baldy92
Hey brother hope you will train Zeke And Monte nicely.

Nah i'm going to train them badly...

PowerBug

What does nicely actually involve though? :P

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=717829
:'( :'( 5th all time wicket taker in SOD, leading wicket taker in T20 (49 wickets clear of 2nd). 6th most capped SOD player. 1,337 days with the team. The 2nd last remaining member of my team that got me up through from Div 4 to Div 1. It hurts to say goodbye :(

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=3578812

PowerBugCC    Torpedo's Titans
Batting - Top Order    12,416    13,589
Batting - Middle Order    10,510    13,496
Batting - Tail    4,125    4,926
Bowling - Seam    13,314 (20)    13,573 (30)
Bowling - Spin    11,302 (30)    14,438 (20)
Fielding/Keeping    15,828    16,206
Overall    212,100    241,335

This is annoying. Having just lost my top ws (Read the post above) and not really having a good 3rd spinner to start with (Illeperuma outs/spec), I decided to see my ratings against Torp on a Windy/Dry. I believe Torp has set orers here despite only playing 2 spinners (His 3rd is no better than Illeperuma if not worse). But for me to win by 5 wickets is just ridiculous, even more ridiculous when I played on the same conditions in PC yesterday, with a better team (but similar ratings because a few players were energetic/revived fatigue) and against a team which rated 30k less than what Torp rated, and I got belted by 7 wickets!!

It also sucks because of how many times I have tried to take top spot int he reesbr shield from him and failed, and I managed to pull a 29k upset outta my arse.

Will print screen the orders though might have to use them again!

WhatMate

Having my first season in div 1 T20 in Scotland. And currently sitting equal top in div 2 for YOD and SOD hopefully next season will be my first in div 1 for all comps.

Also what happened to this place? legitimately all the forums are dead

DazBurg

Quote from: WhatMate on April 05, 2016, 09:49:05 PM
Having my first season in div 1 T20 in Scotland. And currently sitting equal top in div 2 for YOD and SOD hopefully next season will be my first in div 1 for all comps.

a lot just drifted away
or just coming back

yourself for 1
(was wondering where you were didn't realize you'd deactivated your old profile)

Boomz has just joined back up after being gone for a long time
Nails has been coming back just now too

RB hasn't played for ages now
CF/HB is gone

so yeah numbers were down but seem to be coming back up

WhatMate

Quote from: DazBurg on April 06, 2016, 08:33:51 AM

a lot just drifted away
or just coming back

yourself for 1
(was wondering where you were didn't realize you'd deactivated your old profile)

CF/HB is gone

Yeh fair enough, even around the fantasy footbal forums though it is quite dead, they used to flourish though?

DazBurg

Quote from: WhatMate on April 06, 2016, 09:18:12 AM

a lot just drifted away
or just coming back

yourself for 1

CF/HB is gone

Yeh fair enough, even around the fantasy footbal forums though it is quite dead, they used to flourish though?
still a bit of topics/ posts etc

but a lot of the main stays not as active these days
or just lurk around reading more then posting

WhatMate

Quote from: DazBurg on April 06, 2016, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: WhatMate on April 06, 2016, 09:18:12 AM

a lot just drifted away
or just coming back

yourself for 1

CF/HB is gone

still a bit of topics/ posts etc

but a lot of the main stays not as active these days
or just lurk around reading more then posting
Yeh real disappointing, I remember seeing 500+ posts a week in each section of the fantasy footy sections a couple years back when I was right involved, now there's lucky to be 50 a week. Not quite sure how that happened.

BratPack

PowerBug

Quote from: WhatMate on April 06, 2016, 04:22:28 PM
Yeh real disappointing, I remember seeing 500+ posts a week in each section of the fantasy footy sections a couple years back when I was right involved, now there's lucky to be 50 a week. Not quite sure how that happened.
All fantasy football numbers in Australia are declining. Fairly sure there used to be like 300,000+ SC teams and ~200,000 DT (back when it was on the afl site) teams. Now it's 200k and like 130k.

FTP is going okay though, few new guys around keeping it interesting :) Unfortunately gone are the days of when we had many dominant senior sides (I can think of when Q, Nails, BP, Cyrus, CF, HP all were really strong and Daz would rate less and beat them all) now it's only really Torp that pulls really big ratings (240k+ at times) as there's a few youth farms on here now.

Edit: McRooster also had a strong 200k+ side back in the day.