Hyundai A-League 2013/14

Started by Luigi197, June 27, 2013, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

I love my A-League, no doubts about it. So I just thought i'd start up a thread with only 100 odd days to go until the season starts!

Overseas departures this season include Rojas, Halloran, Antonis, Ryan, Ibini Sei, Colosimo and Mcbreen (loan), while Sainsbury, Bozanic, Milligan and Thwaite are not short of interest!
Meanwhile, Heart have signed Kewell, Murdocca, Wielaert (34 y.o Dutch defender), and Ramsay. Victory have signed Nichols and are looking at Spiranovic (AUS defender) and Karagounis (Greek legend). Sydney have signed Bojic, Carle and Jurman. Brisbane signed Miller and CCM signed Simon (he's back). Zwaanswijk has retired. Meanwhile rumours have gone around that Ambrosini (AC Milan and Italy legend) could be coming to the A-League, with Perth highly interested.

Coaching changes have Ernie Merrick (former Victory coach) to now coach Wellington. Josep Gombau (former Barcelona youth coach) to coach Adelaide. and Rado Vidosic (former Brisbane coach) is now an Assistant at Sydney.

Jukes

I'm starting to doubt that I'll renew my glory membership; we've lost Miller and Heffernan already and haven't signed anything good, have no ambition. We were flowering grand finallists season before last and almost won, but now we seem to be content with playing for a finals spot. And the atmosphere is being ruined by the bandwagoners down front who think they're bigger than the shed.

elephants

Is it even transfer window yet? Isn't that in July/August?

Luigi197

Quote from: Jukes on June 28, 2013, 07:10:56 PM
I'm starting to doubt that I'll renew my glory membership; we've lost Miller and Heffernan already and haven't signed anything good, have no ambition. We were flowering grand finallists season before last and almost won, but now we seem to be content with playing for a finals spot. And the atmosphere is being ruined by the bandwagoners down front who think they're bigger than the shed.

Not even if you signed Ambrosini? ;)

Quote from: elephants on June 29, 2013, 06:16:35 PM

And honestly, idk how that all works LE; different countries, different season timing; all these transfers being confirmed and made when the window we thought was closed.. :/

My Chumps

Melbourne Victory signed Mitch Nichols a while back just so everyone knows. Pretty stoked about the signing to be honest!

elephants

Quote from: My Chumps on June 30, 2013, 08:39:21 PM
Melbourne Victory signed Mitch Nichols a while back just so everyone knows. Pretty stoked about the signing to be honest!

Wow, great signing!

Quote from: Luigi197 on June 30, 2013, 12:11:54 AM
Quote from: elephants on June 29, 2013, 06:16:35 PM

And honestly, idk how that all works LE; different countries, different season timing; all these transfers being confirmed and made when the window we thought was closed.. :/

Yeah I know right haha, so hard to keep a track of!

strikes91

isn't it funny that miller signed with brisbane

Hawka

UNNNIIIIITTTTTTEEEED,
So keen for the new season to start,

Ive recently started a Adelaide Victorian supporter group, theres a few of us who go into the city and watch games and i love to have more people joining in even though its unlikely that theres anyone on here, if you know of someone who goesd for united in Melb or if your ever in Melbourne send me a PM :)

Luigi197

Kewell has touched down in Melbourne! ;D

So keen I swear!

Hawka

Like Everton, Adelaide are late to the party in signings :/ but i know they will come :)

Luigi197

Hawka

United to announce a signing at 5!! (430 SA time)

tbagrocks

Am quite excited about the AU coming up! Also I have Fox so can watch them now ::)

Only went to two games last year + an Asian final, Hopefully we can play consistantly

Popey99

This is no doubt bigger than ADP...

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2013/07/08/4101653/victory-linked-with-miccoli-swoop

Massive for Victory and the A-League, ADP, Heskey and Fabrizio Miccoli... Who would have thought 3 years ago?