Quote from: Purple 77 on December 06, 2014, 08:22:59 PM
So...

Here's me, adding to my front page in my team board

So. Many. Melbourne. Players.

Shush  :P

I haven't even updated it yet haha, should be:

OUT: Jack Trengove, Alexis Georgiou, Mitch Clark, and I guess Jeff Garlett
IN: Jack Watts, JKH, Cross... and I sure as hell turned down a heap  :P

Probably three in the best XV... I guess that isn't too bad. I made the prelims with 5 melbourne players playing most weeks, and that was in 2013!

Hellopplz

Such a shame you guys had to get rid of this guy :(. Dat stare.

Purple 77

I'll never forget when he scored 32 for me that one time when I needed to play him...

I hated this year lol.

Purple 77

Just updated my club records over the past 3 years on the front page.

(* denotes players currently playing for Berlin)

I can't stress enough how Daniel Wells was a club champion Jroo :P

Purple 77

Also want to take this moment (waaay overdue) to formally acknowledge a true Berlin Brewer, in Daniel Jackson.

Quote from: ossie85 on September 05, 2014, 01:39:36 PM

Massive blow to Berlin's 2015

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-09-05/jackson-retires

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 05, 2014, 04:05:16 PM
Are you rightly flowering kidding me? I mean really? REALLY?!!!!!'

flower me! flower! First Clark then this!

I took him in the 20th round in the original draft, where off the back of yet another underwhelming fantasy year (he never really had one in his career at this point), where he averaged a somewhat handy 78.1.

I remember it well. At the time, I was umming and arring over whether to pick the scientist of Stargate Command I acknowledge today, or Farren Ray. The aim was to get some depth in my pretty shocking midfield. I did finish 16th after all.

Jackson only averaged 71 that year, but it was his second half of the year where he performed well for me, and I thought I might keep him around for another year.

Then 2013 happened.

Playing every game bar AFL Round 11, Jackson, after scoring 2 sub-50 scores in the first 4 rounds, went on to smack century after vital century to finish the year averaging 92.5. Not great yes, but he really did decide some games for me as I made my mad  and lucky run to the prelims. His improvement was so unexpected, so vital and such a welcome surprise that he earned my Coaches Award for that year.

Then, into 2014, he averaged comfortably over 100 in his first 6 matches, filling the void at various times left by the absent Fyfe, Steven, Crouch and Wells.

Then, injury cruelled his year and final average, to an undeserved 88.9 where he unexpectedly pulled the pin on his career.

Jackson is the first Brewer to be originally drafted and retire at the club, defining what it is to be a true club man.

In his 3 year career at the Brewers, he played 37 senior games and 6 reserve games, at an overall average of 85.63. From the 37 senior matches he polled 48 best and fairest votes and from the 6 reserve game he polled 17 votes. He made the Team of the Week twice; once in the Home and Away Season of 2013, and in the 2013 elimination final against Cape Town. He also captained the club once in Round 7 against New York in 2014, and came 5th in the 2013 best and fairest.

So with this, I dub Daniel Jackson the first Life Member of the Berlin WFC, and wish him all the best in his life after Worlds.

Nige

Two of the highest scores vs Cairo.  >:(

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on February 14, 2015, 02:18:09 PM
Two of the highest scores vs Cairo.  >:(

Yeah I noticed that haha  :P

Purple 77

As you can see RD and AK,

Just look at what Nathan Brown has done for me in his 3 years in the record book ^^

I bet you don't think my reaction when you picked him was over the top now  :P

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 20, 2014, 08:16:06 AM
Quote from: AaronKirk on December 19, 2014, 11:29:20 PM
Nathan Brown

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He's been on my list every year lol, HE HAS A FAMILY IN GERMANY YOU INHUMAN MONSTER!

RaisyDaisy

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're talking about? Maybe it was something with AK? We don't have Brown, so I don't understand  :-[

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 14, 2015, 02:30:45 PM
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're talking about? Maybe it was something with AK? We don't have Brown, so I don't understand  :-[

Yes you do....

RaisyDaisy

Haha, I just checked our team list and didn't see him in the defenders column

Didn't even think to look at the rookie list LOL!!

Purple, I can see he has really been great for you.... in the reserves lol

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 14, 2015, 02:47:21 PM
Haha, I just checked our team list and didn't see him in the defenders column

Didn't even think to look at the rookie list LOL!!

Purple, I can see he has really been great for you.... in the reserves lol

Lol, I sometimes forgot I had brown too, so I understand  :P

AaronKirk

You could have kept him Purps  ;)

And nah.... not really an over the top reaction  :P

Hellopplz

Speaks alot when Wells is your #1 scorer after three seasons :P.

Jackson carved out a decent career with you guys, and came in handy after the downer! Happy you guys didn't choose Ray, as love him at PNL :).