EXV predictions thread.

Started by Holz, January 14, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I'm Richmond. Never make the finals :P Come 9th.

elephants

Quote from: picker_man on January 24, 2013, 07:56:26 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 24, 2013, 11:29:57 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 24, 2013, 11:24:20 AM
Lol pretty much what I expected ::)
Get over the trades mate. They were passed when they went to vote which means others thought they weren't that bad

On the predictions, they're pretty fair. Obviously we rate some guys a little higher but yours are reasonable

Collusion.

or everyones just retarded.

one of the two :P

Bit harsh calling us all retards :( lol.  You do realise you gave them Murphy and i reckon was close to worse trade of the
lot.... :P

Bashers should be commended for there trading. With everyone trying to improve there team and taking comps more seriously its hard to win a trade these days but they were able to do it time after time. Only people you should have a go at is the other teams involved who accepted the trades (like yourself haha) cause if anyone else was able to negotiate such good trades they would of taken them too ;)

Thanks mate :)

Quote from: Holzman on January 24, 2013, 07:58:11 PM
Get over the trades mate. They were passed when they went to vote which means others thought they weren't that bad

On the predictions, they're pretty fair. Obviously we rate some guys a little higher but yours are reasonable

Collusion.

Bit harsh calling us all retards :( lol.  You do realise you gave them Murphy and i reckon was close to worse trade of the

Bashers should be commended for there trading. With everyone trying to improve there team and taking comps more seriously its hard to win a trade these days but they were able to do it time after time. Only people you should have a go at is the other teams involved who accepted the trades (like yourself haha) cause if anyone else was able to negotiate such good trades they would of taken them too ;)

yes bashers were the only team to dominate the trades ;)

I love how they deflect the focus away from me

Hahah we are the Pies, everyone should be focusing on us ;)

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on January 24, 2013, 07:58:11 PM

Collusion.

yes bashers were the only team to dominate the trades ;)

I love how they deflect the focus away from me

your administrator Holz you can do what you want lol

Ziplock

Collusion.

I dont know, I got towers, lee, lynch and adams for him... I was pretty happy with that. If adams had retained dpp I would have called it a clear win for me :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ziplock on January 24, 2013, 08:23:48 PM

Collusion.

I dont know, I got towers, lee, lynch and adams for him... I was pretty happy with that. If adams had retained dpp I would have called it a clear win for me :P

4 fringe players for a captain.  Not even close to a win for you.

Justin Bieber

Has Zip done his Euros team yet?

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on January 24, 2013, 08:28:34 PM

nope eagles and valkeyries to go

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on January 24, 2013, 08:29:39 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 24, 2013, 08:28:34 PM

nope eagles and valkeyries to go
Well whatever Zip gives himself, take 100 off and I think it's spot on.

Justin Bieber

The F.A.R.K.

Bashers could be in a bit of strife...daisy and pav both carrying injuries, fyfe and murphy coming off shoulder injuries and then mitch robbo getting in a fight at big day out!!!

elephants

Fyfe back in full training and has put on 4kgs and is primed for a big year.

Robbo copped community service and a fine for his involvement in the smash at BDO.

Pav doing everything possible to be fit for round 1. He's been training and I'm confident he will get up. Still about 9 weeks till rd 1!

Daisy also progressing well, he's my main concern but he's been doing more and more training and chances are he will be up for round 1.

Marc back to full training since Xmas. He good ;)

Games don't start up until round 2 anyways and depth isn't an issue ;)

Up the Bashers!

Adamant

Fyfe, Murphy and Robbo are all in my DT. I hope they're fit and firing by round 1!

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on January 28, 2013, 07:07:20 PM
Fyfe, Murphy and Robbo are all in my DT. I hope they're fit and firing by round 1!

Haha yep! Those three and Daisy for me!

Adamant

Quote from: elephants on January 28, 2013, 07:15:57 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 28, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

Haha yep! Those three and Daisy for me!

Yeah, I had Daisy locked, but I think he'll be really underdone by round 1 (if he makes it), and it'll probably hamper his scoring. Upgrade target for me now.

Ziplock

Team: Serbian Eagles
Coach: Holzman
Predicted Ranking and Average Score: 1st, 1598

Scoring Breakdown including captain bonus:
Back   Gibbs   110
Back   Goddard   110
Back   h Shaw   93
Back   Adcock   85
Mid   Pendlebury   232
Mid   Boyd   115
Mid   Deledio   110
Mid   Barlow   108
Ruck   Goldstein   90
Fwd   Cloke   95
Fwd   Lecras   85
Fwd   Harvey   85
Fwd   Petrie   85
Util   Anthony   100
Util   Sandilands   95

Analysis:
Easily the best team in the competition in my opinion. Is lacking slightly in forward scoring power and cover, but the remaining lines easily cover that deficiency. Several ageing players, notably boyd,  harvey, petrie, sandilands means the team is going to be struggling in a few year, especially considering holz wont be getting any high draft picks for a while, with the only notable quality youth being swallow, siposs and hogan.

Back:
Best backline in the competition by a mile. Gibbs, Goddard will the the number 1 and 2 scoring backs this season comfortably imo, although loss of DPP could be a concern. Shaw is in his DT prime, and adcock is just about to hit it too. Fisher, Malceski are solid scoring cover, thompson is good JS cover, with dixon and weller as hopeful future prospects. Overall, very good for the immediate term. Considering 3/4 of the starting backs are around 28 though, the age distribution is a little uneven.

Mids:
Easily the best midfield in the competition as well. 116 for pendles might be  selling him short, 115 for boyd should be about right, and deledios average could go a couple eitherway. A fully fit barlow should be able to go 110+ as well, but I'll drop him down a couple just in case. Anthony is a machine as well when he can make norths 21, which isnt guarenteed, not that it changes much for holz, since swallow will be right up there this year as well. Simpson is solid scoring cover, same with douglas, and mortan as a smokie. Pretty solid.

Rucks:
Maybe a little thin on cover, that being said, goldstein + sandilands is definitely a premium combination. Clarke is alright cover, but not spectacular- no massive deal though, since if one goes down Swallow can cover in the utility. Probably need to add to the ruck stocks soon though.
Fwds:
Definitely the weak point here. Harvey is olllld, and petrie is getting there as well. I think that they both should hold pretty firm around the 85 mark though with  better delivery from a developing midfield. Cloke I'm tipping to get back to his quasi premium best, while 85 for lecras is definitely reachable, although coming off a serious injury, is a bit touch and go.

Siposs should be great forward cover this year, I can see him averaging 80+ (like he did unsubbed in 2012), and walker averaged 80 without injury this year (albeit, he gets injured every year). Apart from that, it's a bit thin on scoring and JS. Tarrant + harper are ok with JS, but average scorers, while schneiders a pretty decent scorer, averaged 80 odd unsubbed, but his JS is a bit shakier with milera, saad etc.

Strengths: The starting backs are insane. The midfield is pretty sublime as well- if I had to pick one though, I'd go mids- they're just that little bit younger than the defence, with swallow for the future as well.

Weaknesses:
the forward line is going to suffer in a couple of years, I think that should be addressed immediately by Holz. The rucks could do with a little more youth as well. Basically, he has to put talented youth into his lines or he's going to burn out hard in a couple of years.

How to win the flag:
If in the hypothetical scenario where there were no injuries to any player in any euro team this year, holz would run away with it. I'd still back him in for the favourite though- he'd need to be pretty unlucky to lose. He can weather probably two LTIs in his backline (providing it's not to both goddard and gibbs), one to the ruck or mid and probably one/two to the forward line and still be a top two team by my count.

despite how russia and belgium talk themselves up, he's definitely the man the beat this season.