Jack Billings?

Started by igotworms, March 04, 2017, 05:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Scott Selwood's injury has ruined my plans... I was going to get Adams as a better M8 swing to defence (have both Berry and Perryman for this purpose) to complete my team. I'm about 40k short and can't see Adams falling down that much... would have to fall to around 500k.
So with that in mind do I grab Jack Billings to complete my team as a better M8 fwd swing (currently Greenwood) ?

Jack Billings scores this year: 75, 67, 53, 97, 55, 93, 114, 136, 104, 68, 106, 110. Last 7 games read well.
#3 draft pick, played 54 games now... kicked 2.4 against Roos with 2 touched and reversed.
Averaging 22 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles and 1 goal over 12 games this season.
Under strong consideration now.

Nige

So when I was doing my trades this week, I tossed up between TJ Lynch and Jack Billings, that worked out nicely.

Still genuinely interested in Billings so I'll suss out how my team is going after this week and keep eye on ways I can get him in.

Bully

Billings is now the best performed forward in the comp since round 7, he has 6 tons to his name and only 1 poor score, a 68 in round 10. Anyone taking the plunge?

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Bully on June 25, 2017, 09:54:25 PM
Billings is now the best performed forward in the comp since round 7, he has 6 tons to his name and only 1 poor score, a 68 in round 10. Anyone taking the plunge?

Seriously looking at now. I need a forward and this little man may fit the bill(ings)...  8)

poolboybob

Sure as hell is scoring better than Nank at this point.

billnats

Same price as Bonts though... I'll bring one in this week. Not sure which one

Bluesalltheway

His 1st half's over the last couple of months have been ridiculous... definitely considering

Grufflez

Quote from: poolboybob on June 25, 2017, 10:58:04 PM
Sure as hell is scoring better than Nank at this point.

I fear Nank has hit the wall. If i had 8-9 trades left id be ditching him for Billings/Heeney type.

whorya

Got him.in this week for 490k for whe as a pod. Won my cash league by 26pts to remain on top. alreading looking like a great addition

Don't jump on him!

tkringle

Quote from: whorya on June 26, 2017, 07:41:40 AM
Got him.in this week for 490k for whe as a pod. Won my cash leagie by 26pts to remain on top. alreading looking like a great addition

Don't jump on him!

Considering for Lynch

Judd Magic

Quote from: tkringle on June 26, 2017, 02:59:31 PM
Quote from: whorya on June 26, 2017, 07:41:40 AM
Got him.in this week for 490k for whe as a pod. Won my cash leagie by 26pts to remain on top. alreading looking like a great addition

Don't jump on him!

Considering for Lynch

Same.

Who is the better pick out of Billings and Greene though?  :-\

crowls

fwds are higgins steele nank and tlynch from d3-6,  6 trades left dont have yeo or billings.   Figure if I do a trade Yeo is the better option than billings?   And which of my wonderful quartet do I move on.    Thoughts.....

Alos possible to wait another week and then Nank to Max and Ryder to D5

Wanderer

Billings was averaging 69 in the first 5 rounds and all of a sudden he is pumping out the big scores. Is there any reason for this i.e. positional change, more midfield time? What's to say he doesn't go back to pumping out the low scores?

GoSaints3

Quote from: Wanderer on June 27, 2017, 02:00:18 PM
Billings was averaging 69 in the first 5 rounds and all of a sudden he is pumping out the big scores. Is there any reason for this i.e. positional change, more midfield time? What's to say he doesn't go back to pumping out the low scores?
As a saints fan i feel like he is getting a bit more time around the contest than in the early rounds but one reason for the jump is that I think his workrate has improved. Looks to be covering more ground to me. He should continue to get good midfield minutes as we need his classy ball use. I'm looking at bringing him in as a luxury trade during finals for nank since my forward line is already complete at the moment.

Wanderer

Quote from: GoSaints3 on June 27, 2017, 03:19:49 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on June 27, 2017, 02:00:18 PM
As a saints fan i feel like he is getting a bit more time around the contest than in the early rounds but one reason for the jump is that I think his workrate has improved. Looks to be covering more ground to me. He should continue to get good midfield minutes as we need his classy ball use. I'm looking at bringing him in as a luxury trade during finals for nank since my forward line is already complete at the moment.
Thanks for the feedback. In the couple of games I watched him play he looks the goods.