Jack Billings?

Started by igotworms, March 04, 2017, 05:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igotworms

Do you think he could be a top 10 forward this year? I know everyone is talking up Heeney, and most people have Dalhaus and Macrae in their sides. Am I kidding myself to think that he could be one of the better forward/mids this season? Entering his fourth year, in a side that should push for finals and natural progression should see him improving on his 20 disposal average of last year. (75 supercoach average) Big risk given he is $400K, but one that I think might just pay off? There are a lot of players in that breakout bracket, (Caddy, Heeney, Wingard, Touk Touk, D.Smith) Thoughts? On a side note, I have heard good things coming out of collingwood about De Goey! Risky picks, but may pay off.
Ps. Taking his performance today with a grain of salt. They beat up on an undermanned and disappointing Carlton.

crowls

Potential is there to go up 15-20 points.   Though too risky for mine.   Would rather a Caddy with guaranteed mid time and pretty solid floor of high 80's average with potential 100 breakout.

enzedder

Potential- yes.
Risky - yes.
Will he be in my team - no.
Hope he does well though.

uncleswagy

Potential - yes
do i think he will? no

igotworms

Valid point in that he is no guarantee for midfield time with the names running through there. May elevate his scoring to high 80s or low 90s even, and with the inherent risk, probably better going a Caddy or Heeney that should get more midfield time and potentially better scores. Forward line is giving me grief this year. Changed it more times than a leopard changes its spots....... wait, that doesnt work! :o

john23132

Some quotes from Herald Suns article on him,
"Richardson plans to use him more on the wing this year and Billings joked yesterday his only issue was competing with Nick Riewoldt for that role"
“It will still be a bit of both, but a lot more midfield time. I am looking forward to being a key contributor in the midfield."

Holz

50% chance he turns out to be a bad pick.
40% chance he turns out to be a OK pick.
10% chance he turns out to be a good pick.

spend the 80-100k and get a gunston, buddy, macrae  even caddy.

igotworms

Once I heard Heeney had Glandular fever, straight swapped to Caddy and downgraded Billings to Hoskin Elliot! Keeping the spare coin for the obligatory chaos that will ensue once sides are named round 1!Or do I put my faith in Nankervis?

Grufflez

Quote from: Holz on March 07, 2017, 05:46:23 PM

What about your man from North Holz, Higgsy?

RaisyDaisy

Am considering as a Heeney replacement

Probably unlikely, but haven't ruled him out

Adamant

Holz

Quote from: Grufflez on March 07, 2017, 08:49:37 PM
Quote from: Holz on March 07, 2017, 05:46:23 PM

What about your man from North Holz, Higgsy?

Preseason tease. Always a injury risk.

Never go these low 400k guys when their are rock solid options at 500k

crowls

no,  No,  NO,  never,
mpm.    stay away from mid price madness

almonds

what are our thoughts on billings, has alot of potential and last week showed hes more than capable of putting ona big score.
Do we think he will be too much of a rollercoaster or be a good pod?

GoLions

Quote from: almonds on May 17, 2017, 07:01:53 PM
what are our thoughts on billings, has alot of potential and last week showed hes more than capable of putting ona big score.
Do we think he will be too much of a rollercoaster or be a good pod?
Last 3 weeks he has obviously been awesome. His first month though...75, 67, 53, 97, 55...just the one score over 75. If he has another rough patch then you'll be losing points big time, and he isn't exactly cheap now. Could be a sneaky pickup in a draft league, wouldn't tough him in the regular format though. In a year or 2 however, I reckon I'd be pretty keen.