WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: elephants on June 23, 2015, 02:00:37 PM
Someone give us a playing defender for Warnock + Gorringe + Brooksby + Pierce :p
Cairo give: Fletcher Roberts
New Delhi give: Daniel Gorringe and Keegan Brooksby

elephants/Ricochet to confirm.

elephants

Nige pls, we don't trade with sides significantly worse than us ;)

Ricochet

Someone give us a playing defender for Warnock + Gorringe + Brooksby + Pierce :p
Leaving us with Nicholls, Clarke, Hannath, Apeness, Nankervis.

Just need Sandi to hurry up and retire

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on June 23, 2015, 02:06:35 PM

Craig Moller steps in and take over.

Nige

Quote from: elephants on June 23, 2015, 02:03:53 PM
Nige pls, we don't trade with sides significantly worse than us ;)
:'(

Maybe we can include Tokyo in a three-way trade or something, Phillips would be nice.  :-X

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on June 23, 2015, 02:07:50 PM

Craig Moller steps in and take over.
Moller's next step is regular league games for Peel...

Ringo

Most seem to be missing my 2 main points and love the passion here and will work with what is decided.

1) I adopted a strategy 2 years ago to try and get youngsters to develop into a strong team for the future. As a result of playing them each week which I had to do points are inflated to above cap. (I am probably the only team who has been over the cap but not in the top 8 and forced to delist some depth that I was developing as part of strategy).

2) Teams despite having players not play due to injury can retain their prems as cap not effected. Stanton for Liberatore will assist but will not eventuate to illustrate my point.  Stanton is effecting my cap but Liberatore is not to the team with him. This is my main reason for saying cap not fair.  Would be happy if for cap purposes injured prems are only discounted by an agreed figure not a 0 for the year.

Toga

Yeah get what you mean Ringo, I guess it adds value to injured players. Guess you can look at it one of two ways: either it compensates teams that have seen their guns injured, reducing the impact of that injury slightly, OR maybe injured players should be given some sort of weighting to discount the effects that injuries have on the cap.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on June 23, 2015, 02:49:24 PM
Would be happy if for cap purposes injured prems are only discounted by an agreed figure not a 0 for the year.
Don't mind that ^

Holz

Most seem to be missing my 2 main points and love the passion here and will work with what is decided.

1) I adopted a strategy 2 years ago to try and get youngsters to develop into a strong team for the future. As a result of playing them each week which I had to do points are inflated to above cap. (I am probably the only team who has been over the cap but not in the top 8 and forced to delist some depth that I was developing as part of strategy).

2) Teams despite having players not play due to injury can retain their prems as cap not effected. Stanton for Liberatore will assist but will not eventuate to illustrate my point.  Stanton is effecting my cap but Liberatore is not to the team with him. This is my main reason for saying cap not fair.  Would be happy if for cap purposes injured prems are only discounted by an agreed figure not a 0 for the year.

I couldnt agree with you more Ringo. when i said the cap hurts teams i was referring to ones such as yourself. You cant keep the depth hoping some of them turn into stars to help you push up the ladder and you cant keep your guns together to push into that top bracket. There is nothing really you can do to catch teams like Dublin. The usual progression would be keep the youth, trade out guys like stanton to me, than ill fall away and you turn into a powerhouse later.

at the moment I see it hard to move much out of that middle team bracket. The best and maybe only way would be delist all your guys over 28. Tank hard and pick up kids in the draft.

Jay

We went from being on the fringes of under the cap, to being over it in the matter of one season.

It can be done. The rules are fine.

ossie85

Hey Ringo,

For 1), note it doesn't matter if the players are playing in seniors or not, it still counts towards the cap. Not sure if that's what you mean, but thought I'd clarify. The Cap should, theoretically, help teams who are carrying players who are scoring lower for the future. Take Rampe for example, played for a couple of years scoring low, and is now only just starting to show benefit. I don't think you were the only team over the cap not in the top 8.

For 2), Yeah, that can be an issue. I wonder if we should use the 'max' score of the last two years. I.e. that would mean Rockliff's 2014 score would count instead of the 2015 score.

Ricochet

Quote from: ossie85 on June 23, 2015, 02:58:22 PM
For 2), Yeah, that can be an issue. I wonder if we should use the 'max' score of the last two years. I.e. that would mean Rockliff's 2014 score would count instead of the 2015 score.
Maybe a % of the max score. The team has already suffered by not having that player for most the year, so if he still counts for 100% of his points it may be a little unfair.

meow meow

Got at least 10 years left. Has no pace to lose, isn't going to shrink. Injuries are a thing of the past. And to think I only had to give up a spud like Rocky to get this gun!

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on June 23, 2015, 04:07:32 PM

Got at least 10 years left. Has no pace to lose, isn't going to shrink. Injuries are a thing of the past. And to think I only had to give up a spud like Rocky to get this gun!

would you rather Boak + Gunston or Gibbs + Sandi?