Bright future of Australian Tennis ... Finnaly

Started by tbagrocks, January 14, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

All this talk about Thanasi, Nicko, Matt Edben and also Ash Barty. But you're all missing our other first round winner. 22yo Olivia Rogowska won her first round match on Monday too, and she has a very good chance of winning today also. For someone that has given up on her own ability in previous years, she's doing very well now! (y)

Jukes

wow nrich you're pretty fired up there,

dingo ate your baby?

let's just all sshhh

Capper

Noz

Though he looks like going down in straight sets Kokki has shown a lot of good things again tonight. Deffinetly a player for the future. Good to see him win a couple of games tonight as well, Hopefully he can win a few more in the 3rd.

Noz

Kokki vs Kyrgios for the last spot in the Davis cup team.

BB67th

Quote from: Noz on January 29, 2014, 08:45:04 AM
Both have made the team. We have Hewitt, Kyrgios,  Kokkinakis and Guccione. Surprised that Ebden or Matosevic didn't get a game.

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on January 29, 2014, 09:07:20 AM
Both have made the team. We have Hewitt, Kyrgios,  Kokkinakis and Guccione. Surprised that Ebden or Matosevic didn't get a game.
Think they have bben passed by the Ks BB Gucc obviously selected for doubles and they are taking Jordan Thompson for experience who is also younger than both

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on January 29, 2014, 09:25:07 AM
Quote from: BB67th on January 29, 2014, 09:07:20 AM
Think they have bben passed by the Ks BB Gucc obviously selected for doubles and they are taking Jordan Thompson for experience who is also younger than both
I guess they're sending the kids over for experience knowing the team isn't likely to do that well anyway. Ebden and Matosevic unlucky though.

tbagrocks

Ebdon has reason to feel the way Daniel Bryan does, a little strange the team, no way I'd be giving the Kokky a go, sheesh he's 17

Haven't they learnt a thing from Bernie? ???

jeeves19

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 29, 2014, 09:47:16 PM
Ebdon has reason to feel the way Daniel Bryan does, a little strange the team, no way I'd be giving the Kokky a go, sheesh he's 17

Haven't they learnt a thing from Bernie? ???

If Bernie was fit, I think Thanasi would've been edged out. Just giving the two K's some much needed experience on the clay.
Kyrgios will be a jet on the hard courts, so hoping he has a good season.