XVs CL 2016 - Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, June 16, 2016, 05:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: PowerBug on June 30, 2016, 04:35:52 PM
Anyone involved with British that wants to help me? Looking through UF for my AXV side, it looks as if I can work out how many of each stat each player has had for the season. What I need from BXV is hte spoil count. I want the spoil count for every player that has played for the entire season hahaaaa. Or better than that would be find a way to get the total spoil count for the season without needing to add up every player...
I'll see if I can do that when I get home tonight :)

Unless someone can do it before then haha, but please let me know if so :P

kilbluff1985

btw had a thought i think teams should be selected like top 8 top scoring teams not from the ladder

something to think about for future anyway

Hellopplz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 03, 2016, 06:20:35 PM
btw had a thought i think teams should be selected like top 8 top scoring teams not from the ladder

That would be a smart way to do it, but unfair to teams that are actually up there on the ladder. Given the ladder does require luck sometimes, but it shows the teams can win when they need to.

A team could be 8th on the ladder but 9th on points and miss out. Would that seem right? :-X

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 04, 2016, 09:35:15 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 03, 2016, 06:20:35 PM

That would be a smart way to do it, but unfair to teams that are actually up there on the ladder. Given the ladder does require luck sometimes, but it shows the teams can win when they need to.

A team could be 8th on the ladder but 9th on points and miss out. Would that seem right? :-X

imo yes

JBs-Hawks

So i guess the AFL should get rid of wins/losses/percentage and just give spots to the most attacking

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 04, 2016, 09:47:19 PM
So i guess the AFL should get rid of wins/losses/percentage and just give spots to the most attacking

that's different scenario this is fantasy where teams don't actually defend man

i'm just saying Swansea from BXV don't deserve to be in it very luck to be in the top 8

kilbluff1985

if you want the best 8 steams it should be by scoring is all i'm saying

Hellopplz

But that's the beauty of it, any team can get the wins on their day, just like real life!

If we work on point scorers, Serbia would have won like the past 3 EXV titles, instead we've had different winners every year through upsets. I'm not just saying this cause Iceland was one of them and Lewis went 144 as Captain, but I like that it's not just total points!

Adds some elements of luck to a few of the lower teams, whereas the big teams who already are top scorers would already be in the league.

kilbluff1985

it's just down to if you want the best 8 or the top 8 i prefer best 8

i'm not saying this comp is decided by that either but just to get in

and not saying all XV's should be ran like that just saying to make this comp the most competitive it can be it should be highest scoring 8 to get in

PowerBug

And of course that means instead of group stages which mean we have luck invoked we will just tally the total points scored by each team over the 8 week period and give the title to the highest scoring.

Actually don't bother naming teams because that will mean you might not name you highest scoring players so each week the next XV scorers will be taken for each teams score.

What's the point of playing if there's no luck involved?? We would all know the answer beforehand and there'd be no point.

kilbluff1985

no need to get so defensive was just voicing an idea

and if u even read my other posts i only want that to be the way teams got in now how the comp is won so the comp is as competitve as possible

Ringo

Just remember this is based on ladder positions from last year as per the current guidelines not current year and Breakers were the 5th highest scoring team last year so deserve their place.  The ladder from last year showed that the Top 8 were the Top 8 scorers and positions 1 - 6 were points scored in order as well and only 20 points difference between 7 & 8 so it is effective.

We could change to use this years after x number of rounds but this is fraught with danger given the draw with some teams not having played the weaker teams in the various competitions.

PowerBug

The Groups:

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup FGroup GGroup H
Macedonian WolvesWinchester WerewolvesChristchurch SaintsMongolian LambsSerbian EaglesLaos ElephantsLiverpool RamsMexico City Suns
Paris Nice Lyon ReindeersSri Lanka StrikersEnglish LionsDublin DestroyersHastings HurricanesHuddersfield HawksUAE TigersSvalbard Valkyries
Bradford BadgersBerlin BrewersSwansea BreakersBelgian BashersKathmandu EskimosIceland Polar BearsMoscow SpetnazAustralian Ales
Kuala Lumpar CrocodilesSpanish StallionsBangladesh BearsManchester MagicNew York RevolutionPacific IslandersSwiss StormWrexham Knights

Group A:
Round 16:
Macedonian Wolves vs Bradford Badgers
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers Kuala Lumpar Crocodiles

Round 17:
Kuala Lumpar Crocodiles vs Macedonian Wolves
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers vs Bradford Badgers

Round 18:
Macedonian Wolves vs Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers
Bradford Badgers vs Kuala Lumpar Crocodiles

Group B:
Round 16: