XVs CL 2016 - Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, June 16, 2016, 05:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Group B needs either a Worlds or Euros team.

Berlin Brewers will be the team to join them.

PowerBug

Group C need either a British or Asians team. There's 3 of those options available.

Aaaaaandddd.....
Swansea Breakers

Hellopplz

PowerBug

Group D now. They need either a British or Euros team but the two red teams in this lot have already been drawn. So this will be a green team.

Belgian Bashers congratulations! (or not, I mean you've got Dublin... :-\)

PowerBug

Due to the way things fall, Group E is between the two Asians sides, and whichever isn't drawn there will end up in Group H.

So it is:
Kathmandu Eskimos in Group E
Australian Ales in Group H

Nige

Laos is my best bet, Rams have fallen away hard and the Storm just haven't had a lot of luck this season.

PowerBug

Moscow Spetnaz and Iceland Polar Bears are the last to team to be drawn into groups F and G. Either can go into either so here we go:

Group F: Iceland Polar Bears
Group G: Moscow Spetnaz

PowerBug

The Groups:

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup FGroup GGroup H
Macedonian WolvesWinchester WerewolvesChristchurch SaintsMongolian LambsSerbian EaglesLaos ElephantsLiverpool RamsMexico City Suns
Paris Nice Lyon ReindeersSri Lanka StrikersEnglish LionsDublin DestroyersHastings HurricanesHuddersfield HawksUAE TigersSvalbard Valkyries
Bradford BadgersBerlin BrewersSwansea BreakersBelgian BashersKathmandu EskimosIceland Polar BearsMoscow SpetnazAustralian Ales

Which means that it's going to work out yay! The last round shouldn't take too long so straight onto it

PowerBug

Group A and Group C require Asians teams
Group B and Group G require Euros teams
Group D and Group H require British teams
Group E and Group F require Worlds teams

Group A: Kuala Lumpar Crocodiles
Group B: Spanish Stallions
Group C: Bangladesh Bears
Group D: Nottingham Hoods
Group E: New York Revolution
Group F: Pacific Islanders
Group G: Swiss Storm
Group H: Crosby Cruisers

fanTCfool

Just waiting for all the British teams to Brexit this competition

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 25, 2016, 10:15:21 PM
Just waiting for all the British teams to Brexit this competition
I would laugh but I just received a PM from someone and I will have to make a change to the above :o

PowerBug

The Groups:

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup FGroup GGroup H
Macedonian WolvesWinchester WerewolvesChristchurch SaintsMongolian LambsSerbian EaglesLaos ElephantsLiverpool RamsMexico City Suns
Paris Nice Lyon ReindeersSri Lanka StrikersEnglish LionsDublin DestroyersHastings HurricanesHuddersfield HawksUAE TigersSvalbard Valkyries
Bradford BadgersBerlin BrewersSwansea BreakersBelgian BashersKathmandu EskimosIceland Polar BearsMoscow SpetnazAustralian Ales
Kuala Lumpar CrocodilesSpanish StallionsBangladesh Bears9th Place from British*New York RevolutionPacific IslandersSwiss StormCrosby Cruisers
*See below post re: Nottingham Hoods

fanTCfool

Hopefully it's just that the Hoods are in the wrong colour.

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 25, 2016, 10:25:13 PM
Hopefully it's just that the Hoods are in the wrong colour.
Oops my bad, but this announcement is about the Hoods :-\

The coach of the Hoods (LF) has decided that their team will NOT be participating in the Champions League this season, something to do with LF being a chance at winning real DT and real money idk pretty lame excuse :P (I kid of course). But yeah so the Hoods drop out, and the 9th placed team from British from last year (unsure who that is) will come into that spot.

Nige

Rams and Storm in the same (and probably the weakest) group! :o