Main Menu

Brodie Grundy

Started by quinny88, November 22, 2012, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Quote from: quinny88 on November 25, 2012, 06:30:21 PM
This is Collingwood were talking about remember guys.. If they need an experienced ruckman they will go out and get one. They are an attractive club to be a part of
If I was a ruckman I wouldn't want to go to a club with 2 of the best ruck prospects in the competition that are only a couple of years off being ready to take my spot. :-X

Unless you were 28+ but who might they target in that age bracket?

Ringo

Also remember Keeffe was recruited initially as a ruck prospect as well so there is some back up there as well.

quinny88

Quote from: Sid on November 25, 2012, 06:42:27 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 25, 2012, 06:30:21 PM
This is Collingwood were talking about remember guys.. If they need an experienced ruckman they will go out and get one. They are an attractive club to be a part of
If I was a ruckman I wouldn't want to go to a club with 2 of the best ruck prospects in the competition that are only a couple of years off being ready to take my spot. :-X

Unless you were 28+ but who might they target in that age bracket?

Yeah I know but ruckman are a one per team type player. Lets say Jolly retires at the end of the year, There are plenty of 2nd and 3rd ruckman at clubs that would be more than happy to move to the pies to get a game and have a chance at a flag in the

Justin Bieber

Still don't get why GC took Lonergan over him. Although Lonergan looks a ready made footballer.

Ricochet

how the hell did he slip all the way to you boys

ossie85

Quote from: Grazz on November 22, 2012, 11:22:14 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 22, 2012, 10:26:25 PM
Will he get games before Witts - Interesting selections coming up or the Pies. Like others can not believe he made it to 18.

I reckon he will. Surprised ossie hasnt been on smilling.

:)

Have been travelling for work Grazz and missed the draft reaction. Very happy, and good plan by Collingwood to get 3 South Australian boys, should limit the home-sickness if they come over together.

As for Grundy, many a key position prospect have failed to develop to there potential (Gumby, Watts, even Kreuzer to a lesser degree though give hime time). Am stoked though, this guy has senior football under his belt, and doesn't look like a bean-pole.

Well done Pies, reckon he'd already compete better than Wood :(

Cicjose

ossie85

Quote from: Cicjose on November 26, 2012, 01:31:48 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151717/default.aspx

LOL

Seriously though, you shouldn't be able to 'retire' and come back. Seems inconsistent with delisting rules.

Nige

So Hudson gets thrown in the mix now...

Jolly, Hudson, Witts, Grundy and you could probably put Lynch in for the hell of it?

Ricochet

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2012, 02:14:58 PM

Jolly, Hudson, Witts, Grundy and you could probably put Lynch in for the hell of it?
they also said young Gault would get games

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2012, 02:35:26 PM

That'd be right :P

T Dog

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2012, 03:18:10 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2012, 02:35:26 PM

That'd be right :P

Go Pies..have I missed any (or proposed) rule changes for ruckmen or rucking?  :-\

Ringo

Quote from: ossie85 on November 26, 2012, 01:50:28 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on November 26, 2012, 01:31:48 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151717/default.aspx

LOL

Seriously though, you shouldn't be able to 'retire' and come back. Seems inconsistent with delisting rules.
Agree OSS , Retire and come back and the club you retire from gets nothing happened to us twice now with Power and Hudson.
Fair enough Hudson has been appointed Ruck Coach at Pies but that should not allow him to be rookie listed after retiring.

The F.A.R.K.

Why would Port pick Grundy over Ollie Wines

Ollie Wines probably the best inside midfielder from the draft

when our midfield contains Brad Ebert, Boak, Broadbent all fairly outside mids

We really need a selwood/dangerfield/Judd in our team rather than another young ruck who wouldnt get games ahead of Lobbe

SydneyRox

I think Hudson coming in is just more insurance in case something happens to Jolly, he was already signed as a ruck coach.

You would think Jolly would get plenty of rest over the season, Hudson can cover 5-8 games, then you let Grundy and Witts get 8-10 games in as well.