Main Menu

Everyone loves Collingwood

Started by Cruiseon, July 30, 2010, 09:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I think Rohan Connolly's link story below speaks for the masses as to why EVERYONE loves Collingwood despite their false fascade of hate.

So to CFC, MasterQ, Hellopplz, Marcz, you all know who you are, Alex, Hill Hero, Fletch etc etc we know you love us and we both embrace your support & we thank you for it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stars-in-the-stripes-win-a-new-fan-20100729-10xzn.html?autostart=1

ossie85

Finally! Someone making sense.

You don't have to like us, but you know you love us :)

The Magpies are the soul of the AFL. And what's worse? You all know it.

Fletch74

Laugh away now guys. I just can't wait until the finals when the Pies fall over again... That's why I love September.

ossie85

I'd be saying the same thing whether the Magpies were 16th or 1st (hey wait, we are first! LID FIRMLY ON btw).

Cruiseon

But the article is not about winning the flag, it's about how much everyone admires and secretly loves the Collingwood Football Club. If we do lose, the love affair just grows stronger.

A point to note, and people may deny or doubt it, but during the 1990 Grand Final week, popular support was strongly behind Collingwood. As a Collingwood supporter it felt weird (and I know it soon wore off after we won it) but it was definitely there.

Fletch74

The truth I believe is that "we" just love to HATE Collingwood. I'd like to check your source on popular support being behind Collingwood in 1990... Are you sure the survey taken wasn't from the Collingwood cheer squad??

ossie85

If Collingwood make the grand final this year, chances are the opposition will have the support. Except for maybe Geelong, could be more line-ball if it was that.

Cruiseon

Fletch it was strange and very hard to document, but it really was true.

Justin Bieber

I throw up a little in my mouth when I read the title of the thread :P.

I LOVE to HATE Collingwood like Fletch said 8). Nothing better than watching 2002-03 premiership matches again :P.

Cruiseon

Yeah but Hellopplz, what did you think of teh article, summed you up perfectly I would have thought?

Justin Bieber

Haven't read it. Will get to it later as anything about Collingwood is at the bottom of my priority list ;D.

Cruiseon

C'mon no commentary before facts, the thread is all about the article which is even written by an Essendon supporter.

Fletch74

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 30, 2010, 04:22:06 PM
Haven't read it. Will get to it later as anything about Collingwood is at the bottom of my priority list ;D.
+1 I never even read the article either. Did not want to even try and read rubbish like that ;D

Master Q

What rubbish. Collingwood, you have to admit thing sometimes.

Admit that everyone hates you
Admit that you have no teeth (or false teeth)
Admit that your motor bike can't take all your weight
Admit that the tattoo parlour is your real home
Admit that you teach children language they shouldn't here
Admit that you spill beer everywhere and on everyone (seriously, I've gotten beer on me from you guys)

ossie85

Rubbish are those statements Q! Apart from everyone hating me, and my clumsiness at pubs, they're all lies!