Main Menu

Full Forward?

Started by Ruckus, June 18, 2010, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

With Anthony, Dawes, and L.Brown all having opportunities as key forwards this year, who is likely to be playing at full forward in the last half of the season?

None of these players have made the spot their own. Anthony's kicking seems to be not what is was, making it necessary for him to win a bit more of the ball.
L.Brown is L.Brown. Has a go, but lacks a bit of finesse. Bit slow when the ball hits the ground.
Dawes has a strong body and can mark. He also chases well(av.3 tkls) for a big fella.

Is it going to be one of these 3, or someone else?

reesbr

I really like Dawes there.

Ruckus

Dawes played his role well against the Swans. Only 9 disposals, but he used them well. Few good contested marks too. Good to see we got it to him in one on one contests a couple of times. Also chalked up 3 tackles.
All that being said and done, it is really the conversion rate that matters. 3.1 is a good game. If he kicked 1.3 it would have been a pretty ordinary game.

ossie85

jumpin' Jack Anthony is playing well down back in the VFL I'm told. Reckon Dawes! Maybe Rusling will make a comeback :)

Ruckus

Just looking on the Collingwood site, Jack got best on ground with 30 odd disposals playing in defence!. Who wooda thunk it?! After 3 goals on the weekend I would assume that he will be playing this week. A golden opportunity for him against west coast with glass not playing. If he could get a bag there, and follow up with a good game against Port, he may secure his spot.
As for Rusling, love to see it, but I think you may be overly optimistic on that one Ossie.

Master Q

Defiantly Dawes, If Anthony is named as a Forward, it will be Forward Pocket like last year.

QuoteI really like Dawes there.
+1

Ruckus

Sorry guys, my last comment doesnt say what i meant. I was referring to Dawes kicking 3 goals and staying in the side. I like him up front and hope he kicks butt in the next couple of weeks, and the rest of the season.
As for Jack playing in defence, he will have to be going really well to break into the Pies backline.

CFC 1979

Ruckus

A good game against WC for Dawes. Hopefully another against Port this week. What a monster!

Cruiseon

We look so much better with Dawes in the side, even when he is not getting a kick. He just straightens us up.

As an aside I think Anthony could and should be traded at the end of the year. I have it on very good authority (a journo friend of mine) that he is quite unpopular at the club & given his 2010 form, and the rise of Dawes we might get something for him.

I mean if Essendon drafted Williams........snicker, snicker.... someone will give up a second round pick!

ossie85

Yeah, actually. Jack Anthony would be very good trade bait. I'd much rather see him kick on at Collingwood, especially after his semi-finals heroics (though in honesty he wasn't that great in that game). Offer him to the Gold Coast for pick or 2, assuming he is still contracted.

Not gonna give us your source Kruiz?

Cruiseon

Nope Ossie sorry.

I just don't think he'll kick on, he has too many limitations and lets be honest who amongst us would be devastated to see him go? Its tough I know but its a tough world.

Perhaps Carlton could use him in their terrible forward line although the only player I'd take from that dirty club is Marc Murphy. Straight swap, or we could throw in Leigh Brown to further strenthen their forward line.  ;)

ossie85

Murphy is a good player. I'd take Kreuz also. Don't actually think Gibbs is needed, but wouldn't sneeze at him.

Cruiseon

Gibbs? You kidding me Ossie. No down hill skiiers are permitted at Collingwood. Gibbs & Murphy are polar opposites, one is a hard worker consistently for the team in good times and bad, not concerned about his own stats, the other is Gibbs.

ossie85

Gibbs isn't on my wish list either, but if Carlton offered him to Collingwood I'd take notice is all I'm saying!