enzedders 2019

Started by enzedder, December 13, 2018, 08:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Kia ora from across the ditch.
Here's my first effort.

DEF: Whitfield, Williams, Witherden, Birchall, Scrimshaw, Wilkie (Hore, Burgess)
MID: Mitchell, Oliver, Fyfe, Martin, Steele, Liberatore, Setterfield, Hind, (McKenzie, Bewley, Velente)
RUC: Grundy, S Martin (Schlensog)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Westhoff, Greene, McAdam, Parker (Cavarra, Wilkinson)

Around 5k left.
Witherden is in as I feel he will benefit more from the new kick in rule. Birchall is in as a placeholder... probably switch for another rookie if available.
Keen on Steele. Had a last 10 game average of 110.2 which when stacked against whole season averages would've placed him 9th on the midfield list of players....3rd B&F, strong defensively and offensively and as far as tackles go probably only DSmith and Zorko were better than him last year. A bull and one I see as value. Probably some Saints bias... but I started Dylan Roberton a couple of years back and that went alright for me.
Watch and wait on Libba, mature age rookies...all rookies.
Would like Gawn but can't afford him... Stef over Goldy at this stage.
Westhoff R/F with 102k R/F switch for cover.
Greene as last picked possibly first changed....would like DSmith but can't afford everyone.

SilverLion

WitherGOAT :-*

Not a bad side around him either ;)

Steele a massive PoD, could pay off.

Stick with Stef if you don't end up going cheaper, solid as they come.

Rest of the side looks good mate, all the best for 2019 :)

GoLions

Kia ora!

Team looks really good. Steele obviously a risk, but go with your gut there. I like it.

ubeaut

Nice! Solid structure with 5 mids plus Libba, without compromising elsewhere. I like it.

Lots of hype around Witherden this year but didn't deliver in Sc terms. But a great player with potential will only improve, and yes may benefit from the new rules.

Steele has great numbers late in season. My question on him would be how many taggers have been Sc premos? He is in the mould of a Carrazzo or Scooter Selwood who gets heaps of it at the same time but can he sustain it all year?

Ringo

Nice Team to start.

Any thought of using Bines as R3 to allow Westhoff swing to ruck if needed.

I am still looking at Witherden as well. With Rich possibly playing up the ground Withers will more than likely be taking the bulk of kick ins so new rules will favour him.

Steele the risk but we all have some risks.

enzedder

Cheers for the ^ replies.
@ Ringo...Will almost definitely have a cheap R3 who has R/F DPP to go with Westhoff. Will factor draw/price and likelihood to play all into the decision.
@ ubeaut...Hopefully the saints let him loose but not bothered by him tagging as he still finds his own ball...good offensively and defensively. Last 10 games of 2018...
GC no tag 21 possessions 96 points
Melb Oliver 20 possessions and 104pts
Port Wines 26 possessions and 81 pts
Carl Cripps 33 possessions and 144pts
Rich Cotchin/Martin 25/89pts
GWS Ward 24/81
WB Macrae 21/118
Ess no tag 31/ 128
Haw Mitchell 29/121
NM no tag 35/140

Money Shot

As others have said it is a good team that you have built between Withergoat

Sidebum is a risk because he is more likely to drop in average than improve but that’s just my opinion.

ubeaut

Quote from: Money Shot on December 15, 2018, 10:20:29 AM

Sidebum is a risk because he is more likely to drop in average than improve but that’s just my opinion.
That's Jack Steele I think not sidebum

Money Shot

Quote from: ubeaut on December 15, 2018, 10:45:44 AM
Quote from: Money Shot on December 15, 2018, 10:20:29 AM

That's Jack Steele I think not sidebum
Ohhhhh makes sense! Again, risky as a mid but can see why you like him.

Ricochet

Very big pick in Steele there NZ. Hanners coming in will change up that midfield structure a bit though, and might impact Steele a little?

shaker

Nice start EZ maybe Steele and Libba could be someone like Crouch and rookie would leave you a bit of cash to spend on maybe Laird ? but solid start mate  ;)

enzedder

Quote from: Ricochet on December 15, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Very big pick in Steele there NZ. Hanners coming in will change up that midfield structure a bit though, and might impact Steele a little?
That is an unknown but besides Steven and Ross there’s a genuine lack of other players who score well. I suspect it will impact on Dunstan and Armitage more. At this stage I’m all over Steele. I’m hopeful he can continue on from his 2018 season. At 23 he’s coming into his prime. We’ll have to watch for the Hanners effect in the pre season games but I can’t see him going backwards.

enzedder

Depending on rookies I could downgrade Birchall at D4, Greene at F4 and upgrade Libba to Neale.

DEF: Whitfield, Williams, Witherden, rookie, Scrimshaw, Wilkie (Hore, Burgess)
MID: Mitchell, Oliver, Fyfe, Martin, Neale, Steele, Setterfield, Hind, (McKenzie, Bewley, Velente)
RUC: Grundy, S Martin (Schlensog)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Westhoff, rookie, McAdam, Parker (Cavarra, Wilkinson)

Much stronger midfield and takes the risky midpricers out who wouldn't be keepers anyway.
Think I like this set up more but everything is pure speculation till rookies become known. Roll on R1.

crowls

Not liking Steele or Westhoff options and feel you are making it too hard in defence not having one of lloyd or laird.

Money Shot

Quote from: crowls on December 19, 2018, 07:50:28 PM
Not liking Steele or Westhoff options and feel you are making it too hard in defence not having one of lloyd or laird.
Pretty much my thinking as well.

Can understand the Westhoff pick however I am not interested in him.