1st cut - Thoughts please

Started by Griffo1982, March 03, 2016, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffo1982

jeesh

Looks good mate with a few POD's in there but I'd probably give Lamb the chop.

Bully

Defence looks ok but I would like toe see a Rance, Simpson, Laird, Houli in there, think you are taking too many risks with Johnson, Malceski & Smith - 1 is fine but not all three. Might also have to change the rookies and swing M.Brown back in.

Midfield is solid, prefer Mills to Hopper but that's just opinion.

Rucks I don't like, Goldy yes but Lobbe was smashed up by Gawn and there are better players running around. If Lobbe get's dropped or fails miserably what are you going to do? Not many sideways options.

Forwards good although Motlop could be a risk, prefer Franklin but again that's just opinion. Lamb is dicey, think Ben Kennedy is a better option, or Milera.

Overall a pretty solid base to work with, just some minor tweaking.

Ringo

Agree with bully on defence would only select one of Johnson, Malceski & Smith - too much risk with all three

I would do the following select which one to keep. - One up to Laird, Simpson, Rance or Houli then the other to Brown from forward line.

Mids is solid but watch rookies who play rd 1 Do not think both Jansen and Matthieson will play round 1.

Fwds Do not like lamb either so look at Ben Kennedy. Milera or Simpkin.

Just tweak rookies as well. Maybe move Kerridge to mids to give you flexibility with DPP. A DPP allows you to switch players between position eg If you have issues with mids and forawrds are well covered you may interchange Martin and Kerridge by way of explanation for a newcomer.  Also with trading the same thing happens so if one of your forward rookies is fattened you can trade to a mid via Kerridge again.

I am in too minds on Lobbe as well so for safety just tweak and see if you can get a prem ruck like Gawn, Jacobs, Naitanui or Martin.

Very solid team to work with now.