Who wants to help me? - Off the Radar 2016

Started by PowerBug, February 15, 2016, 02:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Post NAB Rd 2 this is where I'm at.

Sooo, I was about to post who one of the two blued out players were, then I went and saw his score from his first NAB game... :P I think his upside is still too low considering the similar options. If either JOM or T Libba were to miss Round 1 though, he would be highly considered again to rejoin my side ;)

The blue player in defence though, he is gonna start this season 8)
A Port supporter with a full set of his own teeth
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

PowerBug

Post NAB 3.

Okay so the first of my blued out players, who I am now no longer considering for SC (But those playing AF or DT shoudl pick him) is Lewis Taylor. Really like his chances of a breakout this year, and Beams out makes things even nicer. If there's not enough rookies or someone like Fantasia, Wells, Mills find themselves not playing Rd 1, Taylor might still come in. Good lukc guessing the man still in blue though ;)

Oh yeah, I also have $293,000 left over. I normally like to start with about $100,000 in the bank, I'm not sure what else I can do other than budge on Fantasia and get a premium defender, and I told myself I wouldn't look at NAB too closely or budge on my gut feels this year, so if he plays he starts.

PowerBug

There's my 2016 team. Scored 2200 was my aim for Round 1 and I got to 2196, so pretty happy. Barlow, Hurn, Pendles a bit disappointing in Round 1, Priddis the shining light :) No trades for this week, will even play the same rookies on field, reckon the bombers might have a better chance at scoring against Melbourne.

PowerBug

So yeah, I haven't since Round 1. Reasoning? I'm doign really badly! I was ranked just inside the top 80,000 at one point! However I've climbed that ranking am now 45393, and expecting to keep climbing late in the season as I haven't made any silly sideways trades that many will have made!

My Team pre trades:

Trades left: 18
Bank: $305,300

So, what do I do this week? Originally I planned Brown -> Williams but I think Brown will go up a bit more over the next two weeks and I back him to score well enough for now. Menadue can make me like 30k but I don't want to trade him to a mid or even a back because it'll mean Kerridge AND Petracca need to sit on my bench and it feels bad with one of them sitting there.

No Westhoff or Ebert are not being traded at this point, I'd rather focus on turning the weak onfield spots (Smith, Ruggles) to premiums first.

Should I just sit on my trades this week then look at upgrading Smith to Dangerfield next week as Smith will go up and Danger should drop a bit, and also make a Davis -> Mathieson perhaps? Whilst typing this the thought of Menadue -> Trent West popped into my head, that would be a left field move!

shaker

I would unload Menadue for Howard ( does not seem to be anyone else ) then unload Brand that should give you enough for Boyd , Docherty or Simpson  ;)

geoffmack

Quote from: shaker on May 27, 2016, 02:51:00 PM
I would unload Menadue for Howard ( does not seem to be anyone else ) then unload Brand that should give you enough for Boyd , Docherty or Simpson  ;)

+1 for me!

PowerBug

I didn't trade :-\ Copping two donuts this week in defence :( Definitely going to fork out for gun backs now I think. I'll get one next week (Maybe McVeigh?) then get Boyd/Simpson/Docherty the week after. Dangerfield has to wait.

Really should've traded :(

PowerBug

Help :-[ My ranking is worse than it was at that last update.
15 trades, $88,300 left

Ringo

Smith to Trengove and your choice of Brown to Merrett or Brand to McVeigh.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on June 16, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Smith to Trengove and your choice of Brown to Merrett or Brand to McVeigh.
Never thought of getting a fwd. Merrett is decent too!

Could go Smith -> Jansen and then Keays -> Zerrett. You obviously rate Keays Ringo? I think he can come good which is why I've held Brown so far too.

No Dangerfield is my biggesdt issue but unless I jump off Kerridge (Who I like) I can't reach him. I also have 20 this week so idk whether it's worth trading big to Danger...

Ringo

Depends whether you want Dangers scores for 2 weeks or not. Need to look at yourprems for Rd 15 and see that as well.

I rate all my Lions  :D :D Seriously though if Keays does not keep it up suspect he may be rested. Mattho responded with BOG in NEAFL last week so he may be knocking for a recall.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on June 16, 2016, 10:45:18 PM
Depends whether you want Dangers scores for 2 weeks or not. Need to look at yourprems for Rd 15 and see that as well.

I rate all my Lions  :D :D Seriously though if Keays does not keep it up suspect he may be rested. Mattho responded with BOG in NEAFL last week so he may be knocking for a recall.
And I can only get out Kerridge by trading in a fwd... So Rose or a non playing Phillips :-\

Keays has a BE of 57 so I probably could get away with holding for another week.

Before trades I have 11 missing Rd 14, 9 missing Rd 15, then chuck Brand and Read on top of that for both weeks. So looking at 17 if everyone available at this stage :-\

Edit: Or maybe not!!
Smith -> Trengove
Keays -> Jansen OR Brown -> Rose
DAVIS -> Dangerfield
:o

I'm gonna have to sleep on that one