1st attempt for 2016.

Started by pie time, December 08, 2015, 01:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pie time

TEAM NAME: 2016 Madness
DEF: B. Houli, K. Kolodjashnij, S. Docherty, B. Reid, L. Plowman, J. Weitering (K. Collins, R. Bonner)
MID: N. Fyfe, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, D. Parish, C. Oliver, J. Hopper (N. Freeman, B. Keays, C. Mills)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Zorko, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, L. Franklin, C. Curnow, S. Kerridge (C. Petracca, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $243,400

Left some cash as prices will be incorrect. Ablett for example wont be below $500k. All forwards will depend on DPP's when they come out and if Dusty gets suspended by the tigers.

Money Shot

westcats

nice start mate
like how you went with kk and houli , wonder if houli role will change with yarran ,
like your mids , just me but I wouldn't have wato
Goldstein is a gun but be very careful with berger , currie should play.
really like your fwds ,if dusty isn't suspended who makes way (buddy) not going to comment on any rookies I have no idea,
you might like to look at
wato > jager o meara
then up grade berger or a another  back, good luck nice base to start with,

pie time

Thanks for the feedback. Buddy will go if Martin escapes suspension which looks very doubtful at the moment. Buddy still might go once the DPP's have been decided.

With O'meara there has been talk that he won't be ready by round 1. If Bombers get found guilty then Watson will be gone, but if they get cleared at his price he stays. In my opinion Berger is easily in from of Bellchambers but will sit and watch that one.

crowls

Great start PT.

Like the backline choices.  Agree would review wato and libba after nab and see who are the most likely of the comeback kids.
ruc line will be one of the most popular.
fwds to me is where we have some opportunity.    all waiting for dpp list.    dusty made it easy for me to leave him out again this year after his latest brain fade.

pie time

Few minor changes after prices adjusted.

DEF: B. Houli, K. Kolodjashnij, S. Docherty, D. Rich, J. Weitering, R. Bonner (M. Brown, K. Collins)
MID: N. Fyfe, G. Ablett jnr, R. Gray, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, C. Mills, C. Oliver, D. Parish (J. Hopper, C. Petracca, B. Keays)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger  D. Currie
FWD: D. Zorko, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, B. Reid, B. Kennedy, C. Curnow (S. Kerridge, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $7,200)

Quote from: pie time on December 08, 2015, 01:09:50 PM
DEF: B. Houli, K. Kolodjashnij, S. Docherty, B. Reid, L. Plowman, J. Weitering (K. Collins, R. Bonner)
MID: N. Fyfe, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, D. Parish, C. Oliver, J. Hopper (N. Freeman, B. Keays, C. Mills)
FWD: D. Zorko, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, L. Franklin, C. Curnow, S. Kerridge (C. Petracca, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $243,400

Left some cash as prices will be incorrect. Ablett for example wont be below $500k. All forwards will depend on DPP's when they come out and if Dusty gets suspended by the tigers.

BomberSam

You seem to have some expensive rookies. Kennedy, Hopper and Mills could be very good picks, but I wouldn't entertain the thought of all three in the same team. I assume you are using Currie for ruck cover at R3. He is not guaranteed games, and I think if you want cover it's better to get that at F4/5 as no really cheap ruckmen that we know of have good job security. Vardy at 293k is probably the cheapest. You could then pick a very cheap R3 for loop-holing purposes.

I reckon out of all the teams I have seen, 80% have gone to 6 deep in the midfield and the other 20% 7 deep. It's easy to do that this season with all the value offered by Libba/JOM/Crouch, and even Myers/Wells which some teams are utilising. I would encourage you to go an extra premium deep in your midfield, so you aren't a trade behind those teams that have 6-7 in their midfield.

I like your Robbie Gray selection.

I wouldn't say it is a good idea to get rid of all of your high-priced rookies, as some (Kennedy/Mills/Hopper) look like good picks, but the idea of starting Weitering/Mills/Oliver/Parish/Hopper/Currie/Kennedy/Curnow in the same team is madness. I worked out that if they were all standard rookie price (123.9k), you would have 567.6k to sure up your other lines, perhaps going 6 deep in the midfield.

Sorry for ranting and raving. You have a decent structure, but it could be a lot better with a few cheaper rookies and 1-2 more keepers.

pie time

Some minor changes

DEF: R. Laird, K. Kolodjashnij, S. Docherty, M. Suckling, J. Weitering, R. Bonner (M. Brown, K. Collins)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, R. Gray, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, D. Wells, C. Mills, D. Parish (J. Hopper, C. Petracca, B. Keays)
FWD: D. Zorko, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, B. Reid, J. Anderson, B. Kennedy (S. Kerridge, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $10,900

fasttrack13

Some good pods here... But I'm not sure why you'd go with KK when Bartel is cheaper and much undervalued.
Love your midfield, first 5 are the same in my team ATM...
Forwards are very interesting... Players who could be top 5 if things fall in their favour, however with Martin, Dahl, Bennell and Barlow I think it's unlikely all your picks can surpass them.  IMO you can only hold Wingard/Rioli and get two of the above in!
A lot of pods which could work here

pie time

Thanks for the feedback. Zorko will become Martin if he is not suspended by the AFL. I'm not convinced on Bartel. Body is failing him and may only play 12-18 games. KK will be and is fast becoming a gun.

Money Shot

I actually think smith will score more than Laird and he is 80k cheaper. crouch for me is a must 100 ppg at 300k is a risk worth taking. I like every pick how ever.
I think it's safer to go for a more main stream forward line as well. Martin, Bennell, Dahl and Barlow all offer a lot of value in my opinion.
Great start how ever
Really like the Gray pick!

pie time

DEF: B. Houli, K. Kolodjashnij, S. Docherty, J. Bartel, R. Bonner, M. Brown (K. Collins, M. Hartley)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, R. Gray, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, D. Wells, C. Mills, D. Parish (A. Francis, J. Hopper, C. Petracca)
RUC: T. Goldstein, D. Currie (M. Cox)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, M. Leuenberger, B. Reid, B. Kennedy (S. Kerridge, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $29,900

New updates due to Essendon drama.

Got a B/C link, R/F link , B/F link and f/C link as well. Although still not sure about Bartel..

ben_020285

Quote from: pie time on January 15, 2016, 06:24:34 PM
DEF: B. Houli, K. Kolodjashnij, S. Docherty, J. Bartel, R. Bonner, M. Brown (K. Collins, M. Hartley)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, R. Gray, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, D. Wells, C. Mills, D. Parish (A. Francis, J. Hopper, C. Petracca)
RUC: T. Goldstein, D. Currie (M. Cox)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Wingard, C. Rioli, M. Leuenberger, B. Reid, B. Kennedy (S. Kerridge, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $29,900

New updates due to Essendon drama.

Got a B/C link, R/F link , B/F link and f/C link as well. Although still not sure about Bartel..

Currie won't play round 1 unless Nicholls gets injured between now and round 1 so you will need to re-think your rucks which will completely change the structure of the rest of your side.

Post your side once you have done that if you like.

Peter

I would have Reid in backline and Wells as forward to get a decent midfield rookie in

fasttrack13

If you want a cheap ruck Id go Tom Campbell from the dogs. Averages something crazy in VFL and should be dogs no.1 ruck this year. But as Ben said Currie needs to change and I'd reccommend to a nicnat or Stef.

Your first 3 defence picks are too iffy to have them all IMO...
Houli apart from this year has only had 1 other year above 90 so he's not the most consistent of players
KK will only go backwards this year, he will have people taking disposals off him left right and centre and he was also their go too man most of the year and with Malceski there for a full year I'd suspect he would take that role. 83-88 for him still but at that price you want the guy to go above 90 or atleast improve.
Docherty plays for Carlton and apart from rookies there's only two guys I trust from there and it's Simmo and Cripps. However if Docherty ventures into the midfield then he's a lock in my team, bell not being there makes it a possibility and I'd expect Buckley to take his role.
Perfect midfield!
Forwards are good and maybe this is the year Cyril explodes... Who knows but I'd go Wingard to Barlow because Rioli and Wingard could both be boom or bust so I'd pick one with the two safe options!

Links shouldn't be started with either but created over the season. It's important to start DPPs for trading flexibility!

Team structure needs adjusting though'