The Dreaded Byes

Started by Cotch-9, February 14, 2016, 11:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotch-9

How much is everyone worrying about their bye structure now?

Personally I've got way to many missing round 14, mostly due to Essendon rookie priced players, which will hopefully be gone by the time the byes roll round

Big Mac

Much harder to plan for considering most will have their teams finished before the byes even start

Not really concerned at all

GoLions

auscoyote

Usually i plan for them but not this year.

quinny88

Haven't looked at it at all this year. Rookies don't matter as they will be gone and all the planning in the world goes out the window when injuries strike your premos

shaker

To late this year to worry now plenty of time to sort them with trades up to the byes

Grufflez

Agree, haven't worried about them so far.

RaisyDaisy

I quote all of the above replies

Keeper27

fanTCfool

Ringo

Not concerned at all but will be working to get a relatively even spread of prems prior to byes.  Like most have a large 14 bye bias mainly due to the number of Bombers players with the Round 14 bye but they will be gone as has been said most teams will be nearing finalisation with byes.  Only looking at a relatively even prem spread as i think with this strategy you may climb up as I have done during previous years byes..

sammy123

i plan fpr the byes when they start

Mat0369

The only thing I will look at doing is not starting more then 2 premiums with the same bye in defense/forward lines and 3 in the midfield. The reason being while my team might look very different come the byes, these are the guys I will intend on keeping. If I load up with too many I might as well just tank the bye week.

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 15, 2016, 03:17:02 PM
The only thing I will look at doing is not starting more then 2 premiums with the same bye in defense/forward lines and 3 in the midfield. The reason being while my team might look very different come the byes, these are the guys I will intend on keeping. If I load up with too many I might as well just tank the bye week.
Yeah I did a check last night to make sure I wasn't too top heavy in any one round on any line.

Gigantor

I'm a little worried about rd 15, lots of popular Premos will be missing

BRS, FRE, GEE, GWS, HAW, NTH

Player who I will start with (One of Shaw or Danger might go if I need cash!)

Rocky, Fyfe, Barlow, Danger, Bartel, Shaw, Goldy

Other players who might demand a trade in before rd 15

Beams, Smartin, Zorko, Mundy, Jelwood, Ward, Mummy, Sheil, Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell

For me Beams, Jelwood and Ward are the 3 I feel could go bang early and be impossible to resist as an early upgrade. Having 8-10 rd 15 premos is a real possibility!

I know people will say its too early to be stressing about byes but I just though it might be worth a mention :)