Swallow the Leader!!!!!!!!!

Started by The Supercoach, February 03, 2012, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Supercoach

hey guys just wanted to get ur thoughts on the descision that we made on appointing swallow as skipper. Personally i thought boomer should carry it out until his retirement because if we lose to collingwood by 70 points again i dont want everyone ripping on swallows bad captaincy and put him under the spotlight to perform every week (even though he does perform every week to the highest of standards, im just saying there could be a little form slump and that would put alot of pressure on him). Dont get me wrong i love swallow as a player and i believe he will be a great captain but i just thought we should stick with boomer until he retired.

Thoughts

Purple 77

Good decision, a better choice than Ziebell in my opinion.

Harvey's a legend, but look at Clarke-Ponting :)

Ziplock

I wouldn't say some of his performances were completely top notch. At least they weren't for my flowering 2011 DT.

Ponting-Clarke is a completely different situation.

roo boys!

SWALLOW! :D He's an absolute champion and has been groomed as a leader from a very young age. Very good, very deserving captain, hopefully the man to lead us to our 5th flag!

Master Q

meow meow

Great player, but doesn't seem like much of a leader. He might grow into the role though, and he seems like a top bloke. Good luck to him.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ziplock on February 03, 2012, 02:13:08 PM
I wouldn't say some of his performances were completely top notch. At least they weren't for my flowering 2011 DT.

Ponting-Clarke is a completely different situation.

Not sure it is?

roo boys!

Quote from: meow meow on February 04, 2012, 12:35:32 AM
Great player, but doesn't seem like much of a leader. He might grow into the role though, and he seems like a top bloke. Good luck to him.
I think he is the more "lead by example" kind of captain.