Bully's Boys 2024

Started by Bully, January 24, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Jack Steele playing with a niggle or two, he's as banged up as Marshall, I'd say hold until the bye and then reassess.

Bully

Seth Campbell named on field which is promising, Sexton also in the squad, trades to go ahead as planned. If I cop a donut I will wear it, the silver lining to that would be Seth Campbell holding his value. Can't really reverse trades as Dawson plays tonight, so Green it is.

Bully

The scaling this year is off the charts unpredictable, Walsh lost 11 points, actually went backwards from 3/4 time. Laird is another who always goes backwards when on the bench, I think CD is getting more ridiculous with the arbitrary scoring. D'Ambrosio went up 10 points in his last subbed match, Williams went down 10 points, match-ups won and lost after the siren goes, I'm at a point now where I might not even look at the scores until well after the game.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on May 04, 2024, 09:31:23 AMThe scaling this year is off the charts unpredictable, Walsh lost 11 points, actually went backwards from 3/4 time. Laird is another who always goes backwards when on the bench, I think CD is getting more ridiculous with the arbitrary scoring. D'Ambrosio went up 10 points in his last subbed match, Williams went down 10 points, match-ups won and lost after the siren goes, I'm at a point now where I might not even look at the scores until well after the game.

Yes I can't see how it's an exact science, which it kinda should be. Understand that a last quarter comeback heaps points on the winning side, players involved, just not sure how they determine how to heap those points off the team that was winning for 3/4. And that's just one aspect of it.

Mat0369

Walsh had a poor start to the last with a couple of turnovers  and a free against. The scoring has been all over the shop though

Bully

Nat Fyfe is sub, this week throwing up plenty of curve balls.

Mat0369

Ryan and Serong both going off hurts as well

Bully

Pretty brutal week scoring 2080, didn't slide too much however and managed to hold around the 29k mark. Had I picked Dawson instead of Green things would have been a whole lot rosier. In any case I suppose I should be grateful I didn't captain Green, that would have been heartbreak city & just about curtains for the year. My trades this week fairly straightforward, Jones in for Campbell and Roberts up to Oliver. I'm 10k short of Petracca so the lineball decision made easy in this case. I still view this as more of a risky M9 pick and may still pick Petracca up down the track, I think this is doable this year and maybe even necessary with the byes coming up.

Next week I'll size up Jackson, with Darcy injured it may be worth bringing him in and cashing in on a few ruck scores, he still has a high BE so no need to rush in.

Ryan may also be necessary, Sheezel a worry, this season feels like a game of whack a mole.

Mat0369

That's a rough week. We unfortunately can't predict injury and Green getting his ankle crushed was just unfortunate.

Oliver has to come in this week, it makes far too much sense.

I wouldn't stress too much about Sheezel, he was still finding the ball early, the hard part is he is going from a lot of cheap easy kicks to tougher ones further up the ground. He should still find enough of the pill to be effective and a top end guy.

Looking at your side I see a few things that need to get sorted out, having Reid on your bench and having to field Comben/Jones over him isn't ideal. Can you manage to get Reid into your forward line, Graham onto your bench and Sexton down back? You could then essentially loop Howes and Jones using Sexton and Comben this week.

F3 is the next trade that needs to be sorted, Jackson is an option, but Bolton could be pretty cheap in a couple of weeks as well. He is volatile but he will be worth his price point. The 160 from Zorko didn't exactly help because he somehow hit his BE and made money when he should have bled a little cash this week.

Ryan is the one defender to get in eventually but he just keeps pumping out monsters.

Colliwobblers

If you had the coin you could go Campbell out - Reid Fwd - Clohesy Mid - Mckercher in DEF.

and Roberts - Oliver.

I'm seriously considering McKercher over Jones, which is worse for me it means fielding H Garcia Fwd.

But lets face it this season the Fwd line is where points go to die :)

Bully

I could get the structure right with a midfield rookie but the only viable alternative is Clark and I've already been down that road so not overly keen. If Green misses 1 week then Reid comes into play anyway, the GWS injury report states no structural damage so maybe 1 week on the sidelines.

Quite a few forwards coming into the picture, Bolton is the perfect F7, at 450k he represents good value. I'll still go with Jackson however, Darcy to Jackson looks like an option although I may even punt Howes and swing Comben to D7.

Reid also looks like topping out next week, he may need to be traded, Petracca at M9 would look very nice.

arbel

Getting Petracca in would be nice but I'd look at shoring up someone into F3. The issue is who could fill that spot? Adams and Macrae not the scores we hoping for who were viable options. If you could get one of Zorko/Moore in I'd maybe do that

Bully

Quote from: arbel on May 06, 2024, 12:51:57 PMGetting Petracca in would be nice but I'd look at shoring up someone into F3. The issue is who could fill that spot? Adams and Macrae not the scores we hoping for who were viable options. If you could get one of Zorko/Moore in I'd maybe do that

I think Jackson is the one for F3, can trade Howes and swing Comben to D7 opening up a swing set with Sexton.

Zorko & Moore look ok but I'm more inclined to get Jackson at 480k, I think his scores will pick up over the coming weeks.

Mat0369

I wouldn't get Clark in, Geelong are so unpredictable that he could be sub or 'managed' next week. I think getting Jones in is the right move, I'd just swing a couple of those rookies around using the DPP options you have available.

I'd definitely be going a forward next week over Trac though, unfortunately Zorko is pricing himself out, but he is the one.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 06, 2024, 04:26:13 PMI wouldn't get Clark in, Geelong are so unpredictable that he could be sub or 'managed' next week. I think getting Jones in is the right move, I'd just swing a couple of those rookies around using the DPP options you have available.

I'd definitely be going a forward next week over Trac though, unfortunately Zorko is pricing himself out, but he is the one.

Wilson against Hawthorn versus Reid against Collingwood away, I think Wilson might be the better option.

Zorko has that 52 in his rolling average, still very gettable with a Reid upgrade, BE is 102 so he may even lose money. He will be in the frame next week, at this stage you take a player averaging 108, the only question with Zorko is role, these forward trades need to be spot on as there's still 6 upgrades to go.