2020 Change in rules to be voted on.

Started by Ringo, December 03, 2019, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

Quote from: GoLions on February 17, 2020, 02:02:44 PM
Question 1 should also be separated

Question 7 should also include decrease and remove

Re: Rising Star, we've used AFL eligible for a few years because that way we get all eligible from @Purple77
Surely no-one wants that?

GoLions

Quote from: SilverLion on February 17, 2020, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: GoLions on February 17, 2020, 02:02:44 PM
Question 1 should also be separated

Question 7 should also include decrease and remove

Re: Rising Star, we've used AFL eligible for a few years because that way we get all eligible from @Purple77
Surely no-one wants that?
Don't know if we don't ask!

SilverLion

Can we change the TOG% emergency rule vote to effect this year instead of next? Don't see why it should have to wait until 2021 to come into effect if there's any change. Same for Vote 8.

Ringo

It appears there is some confusion of Rule 7 change so I will explain here.

This is the rule that is applied by UF regarding replacement for injuries based on % spent as Tome on Ground.

Currently the rule that is applied is 20% so if you want to keep at 20% you will vote keep at 20%.

Should you want a reduction in the time on ground %  you will vote decrease and then your preferred %.  If you want it scrapped completely you will vote decrease with o%.

Conversely if you wish to increase you would vot increase together with the preferred %.

For the coaches that may have already voted and wish to change votes based on thge clarification PM me with the change.

Ringo

Results of voting for votes 1 - 9 in OP.

As you can see voting for a number of rule changes was very close including a tied vote,

Ringo

Adding Votes 10 and 11.

Vote 10 Rolling Lockout

a) Keep as is with lockout bounce of first game of week usually Thursday night for rest of season
b0 Use UF System and lock out first game on Saturday with Captain and VC locked at first game of round.

Vote 11 - Finals system

a) Play 15 rounds and have a 2 round knockout final for top 4.
b) Play 13 rounds and have the 8 team 4 round finals.

Vote 12 Assuming b is succesful
a) Play Rds 12 and 13 as double Rds eg Rd 12 Rd 12 and 14 and Rd 13 Ed 13 and 15,
b) Play double Rds earlier in the season eg Rds 4 and Rd14 and Rd 7 and Rd 15.

Ringo

Still 2 coaches to vote. (Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs and Wrexham Knights)

The vote for Rolling lockout still has not got the majority.

However the other 2 votes are decided.

We will have a 15 round competition with a 2 week knock out final. Questions have been asked as to draft order with the change. Ladder position will decide positions 5 - 16 with positions 1 to 4 being decided by finals.

North v South Challenge will be suspended for this year.

Edit:
Vote 10 - Is now Using UF with rolling lockoit 1st game Saturday.

Ringo

OP updated with final results and 15 coaches voting.

Ringo

As we approach the end of the season it is probably a good idea to review rules that will apply next year. Open discussion here as I have no fixed views on any items. Some coaches have approached me for a review of rules some of which we seem to vote on each year and as a coach's right that is ok.

Here is the current scoring:

A few controversial ones for discussion
Do we include ineffective didposals or just change to total disposals.
Do we reward defenders with Rebound 50s.
Is 6 points the right value for a goal.
Is negative 3 fair for Frees against or should we look at the differential.

Timely to discuss as little change since we moved to UF

List sizes looks like being an issue next year with the league so do we act now to reduce our lists.

Feel free to add to the discussion with any comments any suggested changes giving rationale as well.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on September 03, 2020, 03:10:19 PM
Do we include ineffective didposals or just change to total disposals.
I wouldn't be against making regular disposals worth 1 point or ineffective worth 1, that way every touch gives at least a single point.

Do we reward defenders with Rebound 50s.
I thought we already voted on this, and the result was yes to add them, and make them worth 2 points each?

Is 6 points the right value for a goal.
Definitely needs to be worth more. 8 or 9 minimum would be better.

Is negative 3 fair for Frees against or should we look at the differential.
Wouldn't be against it being -2, but not fussed either way.

Regarding list sizes, believe we are already cutting to 46, I'd prefer to wait for official confirmation from the AFL regarding lists before cutting any further.

JBs-Hawks

Would should you get a point for an ineffective possession?

iZander

Each disposal already gives atleast one point though... im happy with the scoring exactly how it is! Changing the scoring each year just makes its harder to pick the right players :P As it will change the relevance of certain types of players...

iZander

oh and yes, rebound 50s was already meant to be +2 i thought?

fanTCfool

Changing scoring will always open a can of worms. People have drafted/traded according to the current scoring system. Keep as is, for mine.

Ringo

Just to clarify raising this now so we can adjust any changes for next year and know the answer prior to drafts and tradiing.  Taking on comments from last year to review prior to trading.

Happy for no change as well but opening up all for discussion to give all coaches opportunities to suggest changes for 2021