Main Menu

Minor bug log (post new bugs here)

Started by Master Q, November 06, 2010, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Nicky Winmar on June 02, 2014, 07:27:10 AM
As in Twitter?
I'm not on that.

I once locked myself out of my account for 3 months. Not  a fun experience- good luck!

Ringo

been a little while m0nty but any chance of getting the FF clock right, Bit confusing being some 10 minutes out.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on June 02, 2014, 11:53:05 AM
Quote from: Nicky Winmar on June 02, 2014, 07:27:10 AM
As in Twitter?
I'm not on that.
I once locked myself out of my account for 3 months. Not  a fun experience- good luck!
Think somebody on here could please contact m0nty via twitter for enzedder please :). As Zippy said, it can take a while to get a response but at least got another account to use in the meantime :P.

Quote from: Ringo on June 02, 2014, 01:26:44 PM
been a little while m0nty but any chance of getting the FF clock right, Bit confusing being some 10 minutes out.
I've changed mine manually to match up to normal time.

Went to Profile --> Modify Profile --> Look and Layout --> Time Offset: -0.22 (I'm like 12-13 mins behind so this got me roughly on normal time).

May have to play around a bit to get your timing correct but should be around that number.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 02, 2014, 04:57:14 PM
Went to Profile --> Modify Profile --> Look and Layout --> Time Offset: -0.22 (I'm like 12-13 mins behind so this got me roughly on normal time).

May have to play around a bit to get your timing correct but should be around that number.

Sweet - just fixed mine

-0.22 worked perfect for me

LaHug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 02, 2014, 06:03:46 PM

Sweet - just fixed mine

Did not know this was a thing. So happy now.

GoLions

Quote from: LaHug on June 02, 2014, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 02, 2014, 06:03:46 PM

Sweet - just fixed mine

Did not know this was a thing. So happy now.
Really? I've had it on -0.22 since the time thing got flowered up. Had to do it at other times as well, perhaps during daylight savings?

enzedder

Quote from: Nicky Winmar on June 01, 2014, 08:11:25 AM
enzedder is out of action....I am enzedder.
I went into my profile last night to update change of email and cannot log in now as the verification emails that have been "successfully sent" are not coming through. Have re tried passwords and to have verification emails resent a number of times to no avail. Meanwhile other emails from elsewhere are coming through.
Created this acct in the hope of making contact as other means have failed such as contact us and help links. Appears to be a server error but I would like to able to log back in soon under real acct. thanks in advance...I hope :)
You were great Nicky Winmar but time for retirement. You'll be missed as your comments and advice were second only to mine. ;)Enzedder is back ;D

GoldDigger

Quote from: enzedder on July 13, 2014, 07:46:09 PM
I went into my profile last night to update change of email and cannot log in now as the verification emails that have been "successfully sent" are not coming through. Have re tried passwords and to have verification emails resent a number of times to no avail. Meanwhile other emails from elsewhere are coming through.
Created this acct in the hope of making contact as other means have failed such as contact us and help links. Appears to be a server error but I would like to able to log back in soon under real acct. thanks in advance...I hope :)
You were great Nicky Winmar but time for retirement. You'll be missed as your comments and advice were second only to mine. ;)Enzedder is back ;D

wow, so an email worked??

enzedder

Quote from: GoldDigger on July 13, 2014, 08:15:56 PM
Quote from: enzedder on July 13, 2014, 07:46:09 PM

wow, so an email worked??
PM to m0nty and Grazz fighting the good fight on my behalf I think.

GoldDigger

Hmm, maybe I can resurrect my GoldDigger or Prospector chat accounts?? I can't retrieve the password for GoldDigger on chat, and Prospector is still banned (is that a record?)

Justin Bieber

I think alot of those banned are still banned (after years) unless they have PMed m0nty or something Pros :-X.

Torpedo10

Who was Pros banned? Weren't you a mod?

GoldDigger

Prospector was banned in 2011, when he decided there was no support his efforts to get some nasty stuff stopped on the chat. He was the only mod in the forums, there were none in the chat. He deleted his account in the forum, and was banned in the chat. Since then,  he has been known as GoldDigger and J.Worrall. GoldDigger cannot retrieve his chat password. Prospector remains banned in chat. He will not apologise for actions that have led to improvements to the site.

As a result of the contretemps with Prospector, m0nty instituted a system of mods for both the chat and the forums, which seems to have worked extremely well. However, imho, m0nty's busy life has meant that the current mods are now inadequately supported, and without sufficient power to intervene with the strength they need.

The time has come again, m0nty, to review how you manage the site. I strongly recommend that you devolve some more of your power to the mods, and the new "chat managers" like Ben Gogos and so on. The banhammer MUST be available to them. Maybe by vote or some such system, but devolve the power mate.

Have you not noticed how few of the key elders of the site no longer go on chat? Have you not seen how hard people like Ringo work to support your site, your investment and your profits? They do it out of love for the game, the site and the on-line community that has grown from your work.

It'd be nice to be myself again, but actually, I'd be more interested in seeing you seriously support the guys who are trying so hard to support you and  keep this site together. Time to trust them, m0nty - they are good folk who are up to the task.

There, that my 2 cents worth. All the best, m0nty family, and FF community!

Justin Bieber

Think chat mods do have the power to ban people who are out of hand :). Forum mods do not thus far, or to even give temporary bans.

Understand where you're coming from Pros. If m0nty is busy, maybe have to give a little more power to those who are trying to keep things going smoothly on here.

GoldDigger

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 14, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
... Understand where you're coming from Pros. If m0nty is busy, maybe have to give a little more power to those who are trying to keep things going smoothly on here.

I tnink so HP. Nice to talk to you - it's been a while!

tbh, I should admit to being "JormasMum" for a while when the site had been hacked and it was too easy to change your name!

Whatever happened to Jorma?