Main Menu

Minor bug log (post new bugs here)

Started by Master Q, November 06, 2010, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 25, 2014, 07:28:30 PM
The stats page has been cutting off on the right hand side for a few weeks. Annoying when I want to look at a player's record vs GWS. :(
Quote from: Ricochet on March 25, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
yeh thats been happening to me to

I have a solution for that (needed that for my captains stuff).

Right click anywhere on the table and choose "inspect element" (might be called something different in different browsers), find the bit that says:
<table width="750" style="font-size:0.5em">
and change the bit after font-size to say something smaller (I've found 0.4em or 0.35em works well) so you should have this:
<table width="750" style="font-size:0.35em">

That will fix your problem!
Unfortunately, I can't work out how to make it permanent so I have to do it every single time :-\
Done it enough that I can do it very quickly though!!!

m0nty, are you able to change the source so that the font is automatically smaller, making the entire table visible?

Noz

Not a bug just an idea for a new thread.

Would it be handy to have a AFL team weekly team announcement threads? So someone doesnt have to post the team announcement in 3 separate threads but just combine them in its own separate thread?

List the Ins/Outs, Emergencies and full team list for that game?

Nige

Quote from: Noz on April 03, 2014, 07:49:35 PM

Would it be handy to have a AFL team weekly team announcement threads? So someone doesnt have to post the team announcement in 3 separate threads but just combine them in its own separate thread?

I really like this idea.

Ricochet

I like it but I really don't think we're gonna stop it. Like I posted a Round 3 Team Announcements thread in the SC section (much like Mr Craig does in the AF section) and we still had threads...
"Hampson out!"
"Michie OUT"
"IMPEY - named on extended bench - will he hold his spot?"
"Dixon OUT"

I just dunno how we would stop it

Ringo

Agree with Rico here We have a number of Match Day threads for announcements etc and still get these issues.

Whilst the Idea is good we have Match Day threads in the AFL front bar but this board is not visited as much as the players and trades boards hence why there is a post in each board for the Round announcements, So think it is something we will have to wear.  TBH Rico was tempted to merge all these threads into yours.

Nige

Like, I get this probably isn't the right way to go about it... but it might be the only way for people the to learn.

Make the said announcements thread where ALL ins and outs must be discussed (along with their fantasy relevance).

Failure to do so results in a warning, if the offend again, they'll get suspended.

Ricochet

Only thing is they aren't generally regular posters and it's more annoying than something that is actually wrong and ban worthy. Fear that if you start handing out warnings and bans you'll push people away.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 10:10:49 AM
Only thing is they aren't generally regular posters and it's more annoying than something that is actually wrong and ban worthy. Fear that if you start handing out warnings and bans you'll push people away.
I'm thinking along the lines of friendly reminder/tough love and that it kinda scares them into it and that it doesn't have to come to warnings or suspensions.

Maybe m0nty needs some kind of little pop-up with really basic forum rules for members of a certain rank. Although I understand that this is waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier said then done, but I don't think throwing out a few suggestions does any harm.  :)

Toga

Quote from: Noz on April 03, 2014, 07:49:35 PM

I like this idea as well, nice work Noz!

Just had a thought myself, I know a lot of people around the forums are mainly interested in the AFL but I'm sure there are many that also pay a lot of interest to their respective state leagues (SANFL, VFL, WAFL, NEAFL)... So I was thinking what about some child boards in the AFL section for discussion re: state leagues?

Would be a good way to promote some discussion & banter between supporters, but also would probably be a good place to find out details of players playing in AFL reserves sides. Not sure if everyone will like this idea but I think it'd be cool!

Ricochet

Thats a great idea Toga. Like that a lot

RaisyDaisy

+1 Toga

If we could find out the disposals etc of players who played in the ressies each week and have it posted and discussed that would be sweet

Great idea mate :)

Toga

Thanks guys glad others like it as well :P

But yeah it could be a place for match stats, team discussion, even a bit of Foxtel cup banter... Think it would be good for the forum! :)

Nige

LaHug

Great idea Toga! I'll post about it in the super secret and exclusive mods board to spark discussion that m0nty is more likely to see.

Toga

Quote from: LaHug on April 08, 2014, 06:11:50 PM
Great idea Toga! I'll post about it in the super secret and exclusive mods board to spark discussion that m0nty is more likely to see.

Cheers Huggy, would love to see this get up and running. Not sure if it's worth suggesting seperate boards for SANFL, VFL, WAFL, NEAFL, Foxtel Cup or is that too much/unnecessary? :P