2017/2018 Trades,Drafting and Off Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, October 02, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

RaisyDaisy

Here's the squad for 2018

Brendon Ah Chee, Brayden Ainsworth, Matthew Allen, Oscar Allen, Tom Barrass, Jarrod Brander, Hamish Brayshaw, Thomas Cole, Jamie Cripps, Jack Darling, Liam Duggan, Andrew Gaff, Shannon Hurn, Mark Hutchings, Lewis Jetta, Malcolm Karpany, Josh   J Kennedy, Mark LeCras, Scott Lycett, Eric Mackenzie, Chris Masten, Jeremy McGovern, Kurt Mutimer, Nicholas Naitanui, Jack Nelson, Luke Partington, Jack Petruccelle, Jack Redden, William Rioli, Josh Rotham, Liam Ryan, Will Schofield, Dominic Sheed, Bradley Sheppard, Luke Shuey, Nathan Vardy, Daniel Venables, Jake Waterman, Elliot Yeo

Category A Rookies: Ryan Burrows, Callan England, Fraser McInnes 2nd Year, Tony Olango, Francis Watson 2nd Year
Category B Rookies: Tarir Bayok International

Thoughts on Best 22?

Gigantor

B:  Sheppard EMac Duggan
HB:Hurn Gov Yeo
C:  Gaff Redden Jetta
R:  NicNat Shuey Sheed
HF:Allen Darling Ryan
F:  Cripps JJK LeCras
I:   Vardy Venables Barass Ah Chee

Quick crack at a 22

Gee its tough, Priddis and Mitchell leave a big hole! Allen, Ryan and Ah Chee are the three spots that would be up for grabs
Venables is rated very highly internally so I think he will get a crack and I think Vardy has earned his spot over Lycett for the start of the year.

But honestly I have Gov, Sheppard and Hurn locked back 6, Gaff, Shuey and NN in the centre and JJK and Darling in the forward half but other than that I'm not that sure where anyone else is going to play haha

LF

LF

Peter

I think goalkickers are the issue - outside Kennedy, just not enough there against the gun teams - finish 9-12

elephants

Tend to agree mate, I think we win enough games at home to be mid-table. I'd say 6th-12th, but I am happy for us to finish low and play some kids. Not good enough to win the whole thing to why finish first last :P

Money Shot

I have a supercoach question for you lads regarding Yeo. What is his best position in terms of supercoach and where do you think he will play this year?

If he plays across half back which is what he did for most of last season he should score well I would assume but would more time in the mids be good or bad for his scoring?

jvalles69

Quote from: Money Shot on January 16, 2018, 02:39:27 PM
I have a supercoach question for you lads regarding Yeo. What is his best position in terms of supercoach and where do you think he will play this year?

If he plays across half back which is what he did for most of last season he should score well I would assume but would more time in the mids be good or bad for his scoring?

I personally think he has more scoring impact in the back half than mid.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 16, 2018, 03:45:57 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 16, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

I personally think he has more scoring impact in the back half than mid.

I agree, and I think thats where we will see him predominantly next season

LF

So even tho it's just preseason match what did you think?

Shuey looks primed for a decent year,possibly cops the tag/run with player tho
I liked Vards game better than Lycett having said that tho this is Lycett first game for awhile
Ainsworth tried hard,wasn't scared to get amongst it all
Ryan looked good
Yeo doesn't look like a guy that has had a interrupted preseason
Some of our disposal was poor,hopefully we get that out of the system now

elephants

Pretty sure we won't lose a match based on that

Nah couldn't watch it so will try find a replay, very very early days though

LF

Quote from: elephants on February 25, 2018, 09:53:09 PM
Pretty sure we won't lose a match based on that

Nah couldn't watch it so will try find a replay, very very early days though

Definitely watch if you can,I quite enjoyed it for a preseason game haha
Ryan's first goal was pretty good as well

shaker

What about Ah Chee's injury serious or just precautionary ?

shaker

McGovern offered 7 million 6 year contract by a Vic club wow seems like these big contract offers are becoming the norm and very early as well before this season has even started