----> HELP WITH MY TEAM <----

Started by shearman18, February 13, 2010, 01:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shearman18

Hargrave, Enright, R. Shaw
Hodge, Waite, Hunt, Sheppard (Trengove, Davis)

Bartel, Gibbs, Goddard
Cooney, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

Jolly, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)

Riewoldt, Brown, Pavlich
Franklin, Tippett, Dangerfield, Gumbleton (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

I have about $9,000 in the bank.

Help would be good I'm not sure if I should keep Gumbleton  ???. thanks  ;D

yogibbear

Perfect team if your risk/value players like hunt, waite and gumby play a bunch of games early on and do ok. What's with goddard in the mids and only 1 (AFAIK) Back/Mid in Hodge?

Surely that DP won't work very often to be worth it....

NOWAY

maaaaate this is a great team..  wouldent change a thing.. gumbleton.. good idea son

shearman18

Quote from: yogibbear on February 13, 2010, 11:01:23 AM
Perfect team if your risk/value players like hunt, waite and gumby play a bunch of games early on and do ok. What's with goddard in the mids and only 1 (AFAIK) Back/Mid in Hodge?

i put goddard in the midfield i could swap hodge and goddard around

NOWAY

Quote from: shearman18 on February 13, 2010, 12:25:14 PM

Why would you want to swap them around, why wouldent you leave them as it is?

shearman18

Quote from: NOWAY on February 13, 2010, 12:46:32 PM
Quote from: shearman18 on February 13, 2010, 12:25:14 PM

Why would you want to swap them around, why wouldent you leave them as it is?

because if hodge gets injured then i can put him in the midfield, then put on one of shuey or bastinac...which i'd rather have on the field than jackson trengove of phil davis.

yogibbear

Yes but you haven't thought it through.

You want a mid priced risky back/mid to swap goddard late in the season to and then upgrade the mid priced risky back/mid to a swan/ablett/boyd/bartel/gibbs/pendbulbury etc.

Otherwise you've basically locked goddard into the mids for the odd chance that Hodge gets injured/suspended or vice versa. (Note goddard does have carryover points till the prelim so he might get suspended this year)

This is why there's so much attraction in the ladson/broadbent/greenwood etc. etc. players.

The DP helps to cover for when none of your back rookies are playing but only works if you can sub enough players to cover the probability that one is injured. A 1 for 1 swap doesn't cover that chance IMHO.