2023 WXV Prediction Thread

Started by PowerBug, January 31, 2023, 07:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Go on, make your big calls in here. None of this "I knew team x would be shower this year" after the fact. Put your predictions in this topic :)

PowerBug

My ladder guess (post finals so 1st is my premier guess)

1   Pacific Islanders
2   Rome Gladiators
3   Toronto Wolves
4   Buenos Aires Armadillos
5   Mexico City Suns
6   Seoul Magpies
7   Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
8   Beijing Pandas
9   PNL Reindeers
10   New Dehli Tigers
11   London Royals
12   Cape Town Cobras
13   Christchurch Saints
14   New York Revolution
15   Cairo Sands
16   Tokyo Samurai
17   Dublin Destroyers
18   Berlin Brewers

Now to shower on everyone:
- Berlin. Put all the eggs in Max Gawn and they've gone and brought in Grundy. That's a rip. What even is that midfield I didn't know they were AFL-listed players???
- Dublin. Two players doesn't make a team. Sure you have an alright captain in Brayshaw but watch out when Baz gets all the kids in your side on the nose beers they'll be useless to you too.
- Tokyo. Better than 2022 but that doesn't say much. At least there's Ashcroft to look forward to in the future and I can see some nice progression in the midfield. Clear of the bottom 2 in my eyes.
- Cairo. I don't really know what to say here. This team isn't good and it doesn't even excite me. Stewart might be the D1 for the year but other mids are catching Steele now and there's garbage in the fwd line. Hopefully TJ kicks a bag when you play the other sides you can beat or else 15th might be too high.
- New York. Glad you've sorted out the ruck issue but there's a gaping hole of a captain issue. There's severe mid depth lacking here as well. Hope you like tagging.
- Christchurch. Hard to hate on Church because of what this team used to look like. If Darcy stays on the park then 13th might be unders... Not sure what sort of scores you're expecting from that backline though.
- Cape Town. What's the over/under on the combined weekly score of your starting 4 forwards in 2023? 200? I'm also concerned that you think you're allowed to count VFL scores in your midfield.
- London Royals. Willem Drew at M2. As RD likes to say, "Yikes". I respect the key forward cartel though so for that you can have 11th.
- New Dehli. Those 3 big backs will carry you well, but that alone doesn't make a finals team and I genuine am worried as to whether there's enough heartbeats in that midfield on a week to week basis.
- PNL. You might literally have 0 available forwards one time this season. That midfield is all regressing too. Good luck.
- Beijing. A slightly less geriatric version of the PNL forwards. Nice depth lol.
- Rio de Janeiro. You realise that 'small' isn't available in finals right? Should've taken Pittonet when you had the chance. Also Karl Amon to Hawthorn... remember how well that went for Tom Phillips?
- Seoul. You own a ruck now, well done. Enjoy your fortnightly OOP forward though, that's gonna serve you really well in finals. There's some injury prone defenders there too.
- Mexico. Actually why the hell did I put your first initially wtf. Mate you need more than 10 best 22 players to win matches.
- Toronto. When Rich goes down with a quad strain, Macrae is stuck on a Bevo wing and you start rotating in Ben Brown for some weird reason, you're gonna wish you made the Taranto Wolves a thing because it would be the only enjoyment you'd get from 2023.
- Buenos Aires. You realise that Hayward miracle was exactly that, a miracle. Relying on him week to week when you want to go back to back... Also the old man Hurn is gonna pull up short eventually. Enjoy that.
- Rome. Congrats, you own Nick Daicos. We get it. Josh Kelly is due a 6 week calf injury and then you're playing Worpel every week. "PrEmIeRsHiP tEaM"
- Pacific. "Oh look at my midfield it's gonna carry me again". Yeah but the rest of that team is only getting worse. Sweating on the fitness of Jarrod Witts to be taken seriously.

Pkbaldy

-----Contenders
1   Pacific Islanders
2   Rome Gladiators
3   Buenos Aires Armadillos
----Lookin' Good
4   Seoul Magpies
5   Beijing Pandas
6   Toronto Wolves
7   Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
--- Fighting for Fill In Spot
8   PNL Reindeers
9   Mexico City Suns
10   New Dehli Tigers
11   Christchurch Saints
12   Cape Town Cobras
-- Almost Trash
13   Cairo Sands
14   New York Revolution
15   Tokyo Samurais
16   London Royals   
- Trash Tier
17   Dublin Destroyers
18   Berlin Brewers

Holz

Novak Djokovic
Buenos Aires Armadillos

Contenders
Rome Gladiators
Pacific Islanders

Need to get lucky
PNL Reindeers
Seoul Magpies
Beijing Pandas
Mexico City Suns

Pretenders
New Dehli Tigers
Toronto Wolves
Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
Cape Town Cobras

Meh
New York Revolution
Cairo Sands
London Royals 

Harley Reid Cup
Christchurch Saints
Tokyo Samurais
Dublin Destroyers
Berlin Brewers

ChuckStig

Contending
Rome
Seoul
Pacific
Buenos Aires

Chasing
Rio De Janeiro
Toronto
Mexico

Thereabouts
PNL
Beijing
Cape Town
Christchurch

Need Favours
New Dehli
New York
Cairo
London

Tanking for Wembanyama
Tokyo
Dublin
Berlin

Purple 77

GoLions

Got Cotchin
Kate

Contenders
Rome
Pacific
Dildos

Finals bound
Seoul
Toronto
Mexico

Mid
PNL
Rio
Jing
NDT

Fingers crossed for a Top 4 pick
Church
New York
Karen
London
Tokyo

Norf Tier
Dublin
Berlin

iZander

End of home and away ladder
1. Rome
2. Dillos
3. Pacific
4. Seoul
5. PNL
6. Mexico
7. Cape Town
8. Toronto
9. NDT
10. Jing
11. Church
12. Rio
13. NY
14. London
15. Cairo
16. Dublin
17. Tokyo
18. Berlin

Premier: Dillos
Runner up: Rome

Koop

Flag: Rome
Runner up: PNL

1. Rome
2. Pacific
3. PNL
4. Seoul
5. BA
6. Toronto
7. Church
8. Rio
9. Cape Town
10. Mexico
11. Beijing
12. NDT
13. NY
14. Cairo
15. Tokyo
16. London
17. Berlin
18. Dublin

Purple 77

iZander

Dunno what you are talking about, i said cape town would be 7th, and there they are! couldn't be more right

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on July 30, 2023, 10:55:41 PM
Dunno what you are talking about, i said cape town would be 7th, and there they are! couldn't be more right
You were the only one to have any faith! Haha