Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: CFC 1979 on April 10, 2010, 09:07:12 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 09, 2010, 10:51:13 PM
nice trades. the team is starting to be worth something now ;D

about ass valuable as the greek dollar  ;D
Ahh it's so true :'(

Prospector_1

Midfield needs attention ... when is Hislop & / or Johnson back?

1. Roberts-Thomson (DEF)  86
2. Petrenko (DEF)  66
3. Merrett (DEF)  49
4. Dawson (DEF)  21
5. Armfield (DEF)  39
6. Prestigiacomo (DEF) (VC)  23
7. Johnstone (MID)  66
8. Pearce (MID)  72
9. Crowley (MID)  68
10. Peake (MID)  63
11. Simmonds (RUC)  59
12. Blake (RUC)  49
13. Schulz (FWD)  67
14. O'hAilpin (FWD)  38
15. Lonergan (FWD)  65
16. McPhee (FWD)  53
17. Brown (FWD) (Capt)  78
18. Williams (FWD)  53
19. Newton (FWD)  58

TOTAL SCORE: 1,073
NON-SCORING PLAYERS

1. Tarrant (DEF)  0
2. King (DEF)  0
3. McMahon (DEF) (Emerg)  0
4. Johnson (MID)  0
5. Hislop (MID)  0
6. Selwood (MID)  0
7. Buckley (MID)  0
8. Bradley (RUC) (Emerg)  0
9. Laycock (RUC)  0
10. Hansen (FWD) (Emerg)  68
11. Neagle (FWD)  0

McLeod_23

Quote from: CFC 1979 on April 10, 2010, 09:07:12 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 09, 2010, 10:51:13 PM
nice trades. the team is starting to be worth something now ;D

about ass valuable as the greek dollar  ;D

GOOD JOKE BUT GREEKS RULE

McLeod_23

i dont think williams is going to be a spud for much longer he kicked 4 this week

Prospector_1

Quote from: McLeod_23 on April 12, 2010, 03:37:25 PM
i dont think williams is going to be a spud for much longer he kicked 4 this week

He'll have to stay until we have a team on the ground. Durability first, spuddiness comes second!

McLeod_23

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 12, 2010, 03:51:30 PM
Quote from: McLeod_23 on April 12, 2010, 03:37:25 PM

He'll have to stay until we have a team on the ground. Durability first, spuddiness comes second!

Haha Yeah ok

Prospector_1

Campbell Brown a strong contender for a place ... maybe for Tarrant down the track?

Justin Bieber

i'll come back with some spuddy mids. Brock Mclean, David Armitage (yes i'm putting him forward ;D), Nathan Jones, Chad Cornes (add a little premium flavour to the mix ;) and Henry Slattery,

Prospector_1

Good call on McLean. Chornes an injury risk. Also like the look of Slattery.

chosch

hey guys, im on sportingbet.com trying to score big by scoring low... (one of their things is picking your fantasy teams score)...

the game's scoring system is the same except there's one player less from each position in contrast to dreamteam (so 6d's, 5m's, 1r, 6f's). This does change the expected score per round obviously as you are 4 players shorter than a dream team and no captain...

i'll get to the point, if you can manage to have your team score under 599 points, you win a nice $10 return on a $1 bet, it goes to $7 if it's between 600-699 and $4.50 if it's between 700-799

now i thought i'd come to the experts for some tips, you have to have at least 15 players score SOMETHING (so you can't just pick injured blokes) and the value has to be between 5.5 and 5.8 million (so you can't just pick mongoloids everywhere). My team is as follows:

Backs
Darren Glass 34.1
Zac Dawson 49.5
Simon Prestigiacomo 31.9
Leigh Brown 47.5
Ryan Hargrave (Chosen to help bump up the value, as he's playing poorly but still worth a fair bit) 50.4
Daniel Merret 48.9

Mids
David Armitage 64.1
Brad Sewell 0 (uses up large amount of budget and wont play = win)
Richard Tambling 63.5
Dominic Cassisi 56.9
Leigh Harding 52.3

Ruck
Dean Cox 57.7

Forwards
Nick Reiwold (same deal as sewell, to bump up value) 0
Jason Akermanis (see above) 0
Lindsay Thomas 43.8
Adam McPhee 58.1
Des Headland 57.5
Setanta O'hailpin 52.9

The values are more or less the same (give or take about 1-5k), so if you guys can help me out here... that'd be great... i'm a little worried about hargrave, cox, cassisi, armitage and tambling, could they strike lucky??? i've only chosen armitage coz i had to pick someone in his price range, and before i've seen any teams announced, he seems to be the least likely to rip me apart. (had to be above $311k) any alternatives to the team above?

As i said, any advice would be muchly appreciated. Any inclusions that people spot this week that will earn minimal TOG or minimal possessions would be fantastic.

EDIT: according to the Guru Projections... this team should score about 769.3... spuddy... but not spuddy enough. haha i've also added these expected scores for each player.

Justin Bieber

maybe some guys from north or port as they are versing the swans and cats. 2 tough teams so might be pretty good for you.

if you want i can can come up with a few tommorrow morning.

Prospector_1

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 15, 2010, 06:11:24 AM

McLean not selected. Hislop might be back. Ben Johnson also - all good for the SpudSacks!

chosch

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 16, 2010, 09:27:15 AM
maybe some guys from north or port as they are versing the swans and cats. 2 tough teams so might be pretty good for you.

if you want i can can come up with a few tommorrow morning.

that'd be good mate, cheers. i reckon i've done a reasonable job, but a 2nd opinions always fantastic.

and very good work on the team boys, can i make a few reccomendations though... delete the lot, and just line up the richmond football club. guaranteed spuds galore (bar deledio).

Prospector_1

Quote from: chosch on April 16, 2010, 01:18:28 PM
... very good work on the team boys, can i make a few reccomendations though... delete the lot, and just line up the richmond football club. guaranteed spuds galore (bar deledio).
Great help, but they're to cheap and unreliable!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 16, 2010, 09:50:10 AM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 15, 2010, 06:11:24 AM
McLean not selected. Hislop might be back. Ben Johnson also - all good for the SpudSacks!
Lets hope they both play so Spudsacks don't cop a donut for the first time this season :D. Just when head to head starts 8).

Chosch there are a few guys but are risky as they can score high. I've come up with Harding, Warren and Thompson from the kangas. port has a fair few risky ones.

harding has had a couple of good years but has started this year slow. warren a young KPP and has started with a few 40's and one 60. Scott D thompson is a KPP and always tends to stay back. hansen and grima are doing the running out of defence.

hope that helps but there is always risk to be had when you try and pick lowest score ;D